Author Topic: Who Can Stop Roger Federer  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Who Can Stop Roger Federer
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
that 6 out of 8 titles stat is a little overblown, dallas......nadal and djokovic were physically done for the season after USO......they were longing for an off season.......fed just capitalized in those circumstances and won 4 titles very quickly.......

del potro should have beaten him in dubai and nadal's love with doubles lost him the singles title at IW.......after djokovic lost to isner, IW was a great chance for nadal to win a title finally and break the duck......he let it slip......
Doesn't that just reinforce the point? :confused1:

How is it the 'old man' has more in the tank than the young bucks at the end of the season and can finish strong???

I think he is far from done.

i never said he is done.......i am just saying that there are two players who have gotten ahead of him.......federer himself said that he is playing the best tennis of his life.......

actually federer has been moving better than nadal for some time now.......nadal is moving like a fat cow and neglecting his singles.......he is making his fans angry......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »
that 6 out of 8 titles stat is a little overblown, dallas......nadal and djokovic were physically done for the season after USO......they were longing for an off season.......fed just capitalized in those circumstances and won 4 titles very quickly.......

del potro should have beaten him in dubai and nadal's love with doubles lost him the singles title at IW.......after djokovic lost to isner, IW was a great chance for nadal to win a title finally and break the duck......he let it slip......
agree with you Shank. what happened after the USO was meh, Rog simply, as you said, capitalized after both Nole and Rafa were simply completely wasted. I mean good for him, nothing to take away from him. His win in IW was great, but Nadal was fooling around, Nole played a bad match against Isner and that's fine with me too because no matter how good you are you will lose some odd matches. Fed, also at his prime was losing matches to Cannas etc.

I also find the title of this thread kinda funny (sorry Herc, I do love your drama stuff  :)) . butt  It's a bit pretentious. Rog is not #1 any more, so many players on the tour can stop him.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:00:16 AM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
Yeah, it was Alex the used the word 'done'.

Just seemed to me that your point contradicted that quite nicely.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
Yeah, it was Alex the used the word 'done'.

Just seemed to me that your point contradicted that quite nicely.
yeah, shoot me, or bite me  :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »

agree with you Shank. what happened after the USO was meh, Rog simply, as you said, capitalized after both Nole and Rafa were simply completely wasted. I mean good for him, nothing to take away from him. His win in IW was great, but Nadal was fooling around, Nole played a bad match against Isner and that's fine with me too because no matter how good you are you will lose some odd matches. Fed, also at his prime was losing matches to Cannas etc.

I also find the title of this thread kinda funny. It's so pretentious. Rog is not #1 any more, so many players on the tour can stop him. I find it funny in a way. altough that kid started this thread so I'm not surprised.

:rofl_2:

The thread is good now, Fed's been on a roll.
Besides, it gives an area to talk about all the players who have a chance to make a move.

Fed's #1 in the race so that's something.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »

I also find the title of this thread kinda funny (sorry Herc, I do love your drama stuff  :)) . butt  It's a bit pretentious. Rog is not #1 any more, so many players on the tour can stop him.

i have no problem with giving credit where due but the pathetic fedtards(thankfully not present on this forum) worldwide just sound as if he accomplished a calender grandslam.......

that fedtard cesspool at MTF looks insanely asinine and hilarious.......one wonders if they really believe the bulls**t they write.......they dismissed nadal and djokovic for this season and already declared fed as no.1.......

i mean the kind of idiocy surrounding this player's wins is just a show of what state tennis has come to.......all the media hype about a certain 16 slams winner and how old he is now (completely ignoring that nadal is just as old as him in terms of mileage or even more considering his physical style over the years), it looks like everything he does now must surmount the pinnacle of this world......

that's why i call them the blind breed.......they are retarded and incapable of assessing the true state of the sport and keep making blanket statements.......

on one side you have to pity them too because they fell for the sheep brigade GOAT campaign of ITF and media.......most of them i am sure are utter noobs who read in newspapers about someone beating someone's record in tennis and started following tennis in 2009.......

the mods there are morons and nothing else, i will exclude snowwy and a couple others but such a biased fedtard forum.......haha.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
i like the fedfans here......they are all objective, realistic and very insightful as well......i always liked dallas's "one match at a time" take at the things.......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »
oh shank, when it comes to MTF I don't even know where to begin. I still post there because is the most active tennis board but, oh boy, too many tools there. as you put it well, at least Fed fans here are so objective and respectful. that's why I love this board  :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »
Well I'm glad we all got that worked out! :rofl_2:

Like Start da Game said... I do take it one match at a time...Roger is rolling right now, but who knows what will happen next.  After Del Po won the US Open that year, I thought he would go on to take over #1, but an injury later is all it took.  Look at Soderling... We just can not take any thing for granted.  Tennis life (compared to some other sports)...is short.  Sometimes all of us get carried away with our favorites - that's to be expected.  But for the most part - we all are also respectable to others as well.  I sincerely hope we DON'T become another MTF.  I tried getting into that forum but it's tough over there.  Maybe it's too big! :rofl_2:  I like our family here. :))

What I will say is that while Roger IS winning, let us "Fed Fans" enjoy, regardless of who he had to play, who is tired, sick, hungry, living... :rofl_2:  Anytime our "favorite" wins a tournament - let us let the 'fans' enjoy it without the "but...."

After Roger lost that heartbreak to Novak at the US Open, he could have gone the complete opposite.  He had basically won everything...he was older...he had matchpoints...and he lost.  But instead of tanking it in - he went the other way and came out swinging. Give him credit for hanging in a long year at the end of last year - being one of the oldest on tour - yet having SOMETHING left to finish strong where as others who were younger couldn't hang.  That's all I'm saying.  That is worth something.  It wasn't like he won all those tournaments without any of the top players playing.  He did beat Nadal at the Year end; he beat Murray in a tournament this year; he beat Nadal in a tournament this year.  He hasn't played Novak lately.  In the past, when he would win a tournament - people would say "well, he didn't have to go through any of the other big 3 players).  Now that he has done that - other excuses are coming up - like "oh they were tierd", etc.

I'm going to make a plea this year that whoever wins a tournament whether it be Novak, Nadal, Federer, Murray - or anyone...that we actually GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR WINNING the tournament and not try to make excuses or use any "well he won...but...." statement.  I'm going to try.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
oh shank, when it comes to MTF I don't even know where to begin. I still post there because is the most active tennis board but, oh boy, too many tools there. as you put it well, at least Fed fans here are so objective and respectful. that's why I love this board  :))

Get the "non-tools" over here yo!!!  I am sure a few of them know about this forum, but not nearly enough of them do.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
I agree this 6 out of 8 title run is utterly meaningless. They're all ATP 250 "Mickey Mouse" tournaments with 28-man draws and Futures-level competition.  ..-) ..-) ..-)
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
I agree this 6 out of 8 title run is utterly meaningless. They're all ATP 250 "Mickey Mouse" tournaments with 28-man draws and Futures-level competition.  ..-) ..-) ..-)

If it was 6 out of 8 slams I would stop and take notice.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »

Get the "non-tools" over here yo!!!  I am sure a few of them know about this forum, but not nearly enough of them do.
Scott, I actually tried to promote this board on MTF. however, as soon as you type tennis4you, your posts get deleted. Mods are really strange there. There are some super intelligent guys there but almost 80% of people posting are just silly (I was gonna say stupid but I'm trying to be polite  :zipped:).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

Scott, I actually tried to promote this board on MTF. however, as soon as you type tennis4you, your posts get deleted. Mods are really strange there. There are some super intelligent guys there but almost 80% of people posting are just silly (I was gonna say stupid but I'm trying to be polite  :zipped:).

MTF mods are disgusting.......Action Jokeson clown being the mod of GM is the joke of the century.......he first gets owned in discussions and then goes on to infract those who owned him.......

MTF is headed towards hell with no sane poster actually bothering to enter the main discussions section.......somebody needs to kick that webmaster in the butt and wake him up and let him know about the garbage being carried out by the mods there.......all the admins, super mods, mods are corrupt except for one or two i mentioned above........

i will PM some 20 people there to make accounts here when i go there next time......even if 5 decide to post here, that would be great.......

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:47:35 PM by Start da Game »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 01:48:24 PM »
shank, you are right. I'll try the same thing too. Again, that's the only way (to PM) as anything else regarding other tennis boards gets deleted.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
MTF posters can be verbally abusive though.....they carry on their traits into cleaner forums. Anyway, should be nice to have more posters around

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »

If it was 6 out of 8 slams I would stop and take notice.

He's already done that.  :gleam:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »

MTF mods are disgusting.......Action Jokeson clown being the mod of GM is the joke of the century.......he first gets owned in discussions and then goes on to infract those who owned him.......

MTF is headed towards hell with no sane poster actually bothering to enter the main discussions section.......somebody needs to kick that webmaster in the butt and wake him up and let him know about the garbage being carried out by the mods there.......all the admins, super mods, mods are corrupt except for one or two i mentioned above........

i will PM some 20 people there to make accounts here when i go there next time......even if 5 decide to post here, that would be great.......

Try to leave the really bad ones over there though. :rofl_2:  It would be interesting to get fans of other players here (or more of them) for Murray, Del Po, Tsonga, etc.  We don't have a lot of those posters.  Oh, and Novak...since seems like it's back to just being Alex. :innocent:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
oh Dallas, yeah poor me. Djokovic is the best player in the world and I'm still the only one. oh, well I guess I'll live with it I guess  :rofl_2:.

Shank and Herc (for example) are both very passionate guys and I respect that. but oh boy, I got simply mad when I see how many people have attacked them in the most primitive way on MTF. the problem on MTF is that if we somehow disagree, I will hate you, call you names etc. rubbish. I'm really happy that we are all civilized here. sure we are fans of this or that player, that's what sport is all about. again, I've been posting here forever, even I thought that Nole would be forever ranked  #3... but really there are so many other players I like.

Yes, I do get annoyed with some people even here (Babs few days ago :))) but still, I don't know.... I really try to respect everyone and their opinions even when I disagree. Babs I still love ya  :)).

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »
MTF is disgusting, T4Y is the best tennis forum ever!