Author Topic: Who Can Stop Roger Federer  (Read 3646 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Who Can Stop Roger Federer
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
oh shank, when it comes to MTF I don't even know where to begin. I still post there because is the most active tennis board but, oh boy, too many tools there. as you put it well, at least Fed fans here are so objective and respectful. that's why I love this board  :))

Get the "non-tools" over here yo!!!  I am sure a few of them know about this forum, but not nearly enough of them do.
Scott, I actually tried to promote this board on MTF. however, as soon as you type tennis4you, your posts get deleted. Mods are really strange there. There are some super intelligent guys there but almost 80% of people posting are just silly (I was gonna say stupid but I'm trying to be polite  :zipped:).

MTF mods are disgusting.......Action Jokeson clown being the mod of GM is the joke of the century.......he first gets owned in discussions and then goes on to infract those who owned him.......

MTF is headed towards hell with no sane poster actually bothering to enter the main discussions section.......somebody needs to kick that webmaster in the butt and wake him up and let him know about the garbage being carried out by the mods there.......all the admins, super mods, mods are corrupt except for one or two i mentioned above........

i will PM some 20 people there to make accounts here when i go there next time......even if 5 decide to post here, that would be great.......

Try to leave the really bad ones over there though. :rofl_2:  It would be interesting to get fans of other players here (or more of them) for Murray, Del Po, Tsonga, etc.  We don't have a lot of those posters.  Oh, and Novak...since seems like it's back to just being Alex. :innocent:
What about (gasp) 'tennis fans' instead of fanboys?
Heaven forbid, eh?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 04:48:34 PM »
I thought the word Tennis4you was not even allowed to be typed.  They "xxxxx" it out at Tenniswarehouse.com.  Forget the fact that I have probably never advertised there and only have a million links to Tenniswarehouse.com.  :)

They all fear our awesomeness!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 04:48:39 PM »
monstertruck - we have that for you! :rofl_2:  But you are correct - we do need TENNIS FANS here....not just 'fans of certain players'.

Like I've said earlier - as much as I love me some Roger Federer - I'm sure I'll still be watching tennis after he retires.  After all, I loved me some Ashe, Bord, Pete, Lendl, etc...too! Yet I stayed with tennis after they all retired...so the same will happen when Roger leaves the game. :)) (which, however, I hope won't be for a long time) :rofl_2:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »
Amen Dallas!

And for those of you looking to promote T4U, the best option is to PM or email it to people you like, not make it super public.  Word spreads well once it spreads.  Now that Babs seems to have been scared away by my jab, we need to fill his shoes.  I think.  :)~
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »
I thought the word Tennis4you was not even allowed to be typed.  They "xxxxx" it out at Tenniswarehouse.com.  Forget the fact that I have probably never advertised there and only have a million links to Tenniswarehouse.com.  :)

This is strange!  How insecure.

My name over there is swisht4u so I got one by them.  :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »

no Scott, you are right. that's exactly what happens. they've simply blocked anything to do with t4u in any form. I find that so retarded and yes in a way super insecure. MTF is being moderated by some really  silly people. I don't see what the problem is. sure we are a smaller board but DARN WE ARE AWESOME. I joined MTF before this board and I have posted there maybe over 2000 times. Here I think I have over 9000 posts.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
What I see is a typical argument between fan boys, Federer fans and Djokovic fans.  :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »
monstertruck - we have that for you! :rofl_2:  But you are correct - we do need TENNIS FANS here....not just 'fans of certain players'.

Like I've said earlier - as much as I love me some Roger Federer - I'm sure I'll still be watching tennis after he retires.  After all, I loved me some Ashe, Bord, Pete, Lendl, etc...too! Yet I stayed with tennis after they all retired...so the same will happen when Roger leaves the game. :)) (which, however, I hope won't be for a long time) :rofl_2:
That's the only reason I'm here.
It's quite telling about the folks who choose to swim in the cesspool known as MTF.  They must be looking for something they can't get at T4U. ;-()

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:36:07 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
Forums need fanboys and girls, those people can be tennis fans too.

That's where the passion comes from, the driving force in life responsible for so much innovation.
It won't go away and can't be suppressed.

Kittens was this way, a huge troll but had some very good knowledge.

Controlling the way people act and what they should post or not post doesn't help any board, of course that can go too far once in awhile and bans are handed out.

Right now we have a good group of posters, MTF is the polar opposite and Tennis warehouse is in the middle.

MTF is not that enjoyable to post in, I hardly get any responses to my posts, they aren't inflammatory enough.

Tennis Warehouse I do get responses, some people there are absolutely top notch.
Woodrow posts there all the time. There are doctors posting there in the health and fitness section, where I spend most my time.

Both those places have the fans but also others too who just like tennis, the ones who just like tennis don't spark much posting but come with a lot of knowledge and statistics.

A bad post will be challenged, so bad posters are needed with the hope they will post better next time after being owned.  :cool:

All kinds of posters are needed, if you want a very controlled posting style you won't have many posts, it's too much like school.

Babb's like a certain style and will complain till no end.
Dallas is neutral.
Scott wants to know which tournament is playing.  :rofl_2:

Get people over here and then clean the board.
So a period of increasing entropy then slowly restore order is my guess as to the best way.

Nole #1 did the board a great deal of good, it got things moving even though he was one of the worst posters around. That's how disorder can improve a board.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »

Nole #1 did the board a great deal of good, it got things moving even though he was one of the worst posters around. That's how disorder can improve a board.
I guess I missed the part where Nole#1 did a great deal of good. :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

I think you've confused 'getting things moving' with quality posts about tennis.  I happen to disagree with you about needing 'all kinds of posters'.  We certainly don't need the sort of rubbish Nole#1 was providing.  Let me rephrase that.  I don't like it.  Perhaps you find that stuff stimulating???

Passion is great.
A bit of tit for tat is wonderful.

Some fanboys cross the line, are warned, and then banned.

I don't always go about it the right way.
But the job gets done.
 :big boss:

"I flush the Turds!"

MT
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »

I guess I missed the part where Nole#1 did a great deal of good. :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

I think you've confused 'getting things moving' with quality posts about tennis.  I happen to disagree with you about needing 'all kinds of posters'.  We certainly don't need the sort of rubbish Nole#1 was providing.  Let me rephrase that.  I don't like it.  Perhaps you find that stuff stimulating???

Passion is great.
A bit of tit for tat is wonderful.

Some fanboys cross the line, are warned, and then banned.

I don't always go about it the right way.
But the job gets done.
 :big boss:

"I flush the Turds!"

MT

Bring in all kinds, that's the first step. Then restore order.

Who comes here and starts posting can't be controlled, a bad poster in another forum may act different in another environment.
So bad ones need to come here too, then time will tell.

I like to give a decent test of a poster, time and reasoning.
None of this hard line bull right away, doing things because you have to isn't as fruitful as doing it because it's a decision you made.
Remember that.  :Teacher:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »
I guess there really was no supporting your opinion that Nole#1 "did a great deal of good".

:sigh:

Go ahead and bring in the trash Swish.
I'll take it out.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
After Roger lost that heartbreak to Novak at the US Open, he could have gone the complete opposite.  He had basically won everything...he was older...he had matchpoints...and he lost.  But instead of tanking it in - he went the other way and came out swinging. Give him credit for hanging in a long year at the end of last year - being one of the oldest on tour - yet having SOMETHING left to finish strong where as others who were younger couldn't hang.  That's all I'm saying.  That is worth something.  It wasn't like he won all those tournaments without any of the top players playing.  He did beat Nadal at the Year end; he beat Murray in a tournament this year; he beat Nadal in a tournament this year.  He hasn't played Novak lately.  In the past, when he would win a tournament - people would say "well, he didn't have to go through any of the other big 3 players).  Now that he has done that - other excuses are coming up - like "oh they were tierd", etc.

I'm going to make a plea this year that whoever wins a tournament whether it be Novak, Nadal, Federer, Murray - or anyone...that we actually GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR WINNING the tournament and not try to make excuses or use any "well he won...but...." statement. 

AMEN to that...
It's funny how there's always the "but"...
Who cares about who he beat on a way to the title ? And, BTW, it's not his fault when the other guys, don't show up in the latter stages or in the final of a tournament.
He can only play the guy on the other side of the net.
And in the recordbooks a title is a title, no matter who you had to beat to get it.
It's like the folks who somehow try to diminish Nadal's achievement of winning 19 Masters titles, by saying "but 14 of them were on clay..."

Regarding Fed's current form :
I think we are seeing the fruits of the labor with Paul Annacone ( a guy who knows something about coaching a player with a good serve and good net play ).

While Fed's serve has always been good, it looks to me like he is still improving it.. Not in terms of mph, but placement, spin, and consistency.
Net play : I remember a few years back, John McEnroe commenting some match, wondering why a guy with a serve as good as Fed's wouldn't come more to the net, and play serve and volley. Answer : Because at the time, he did not need to...
Now, being a bit older, he tries harder to shorten points, instead of grinding it out from the baseline.
And his drop shots ? Getting better and better, and driving the other guys nuts with it.
Remember, this was a guy who "didn't like to play dropshots"....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:40:08 AM by mtt »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
I guess there really was no supporting your opinion that Nole#1 "did a great deal of good".

I'll take it out.

I'm not bringing anyone in, where did you get that idea?

Assumptions are not good, pretty soon you'll get into the habit of making decisions based on them.
That's where the trouble starts.  :nono:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »

I'll take it out.

Assumptions are not good, pretty soon you'll get into the habit of making decisions based on them.
Ahhh... when you said it in reply #70 of this thread.
No assumption there.
Just fact. :)~
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »

I'll take it out.

Ahhh... when you said it in reply #70 of this thread.
No assumption there.
Just fact. :)~

Monsterman, look at he context, it's a prescription of how things might work.

Nothing about me bringing people in????

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
why do you two keep fighting  ..-)? c'mon let's spread some love ...  :)).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 12:23:22 PM »
there are posters who like a bit of fun and rage to go with the normal discussions.......of course all that will be within the limits.......it's just natural to show some dislike towards opponents or anger towards favourites.......

monster, do you really think it's practically possible to have an active board with 100% decent folks? never.......you yourself seem to be stirring up the pot once in a while, so i don't know where you get this idea that only you prefer quality over quantity and others don't........  :rofl_2:

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33:49 PM »
there are posters who like a bit of fun and rage to go with the normal discussions.......of course all that will be within the limits.......it's just natural to show some dislike towards opponents or anger towards favourites.......

monster, do you really think it's practically possible to have an active board with 100% decent folks? never.......you yourself seem to be stirring up the pot once in a while, so i don't know where you get this idea that only you prefer quality over quantity and others don't........  :rofl_2:
You're absolutely right.

However, there wasn't a single iota of value in Nole#1's posts.
Zero, nada, none.

I don't mind a little back and forth with folks like Babble and Swish who actually contribute to the forum.

The other turds need to be flushed immediately.
Unless of course you folks like the smell. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
great thread. my congrats to the thread starter for this cool idea.

glad to see people enjoying the discussions here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:26:17 PM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH