Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 11485 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Djokovic and Nadal but no Federer for Monte Carlo
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 05:12:19 AM »
Here is good reason for each player decision.

Oh William, there you go making sense again! :))

I'd love to see RF in the mix at Monte Carlo but I guess it makes sense not to play there.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 07:31:56 AM »
Wow, with a decent clay court run early in the season it looks like Fed could take the #2 spot if Nadal slips at all.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Djokovic and Nadal but no Federer for Monte Carlo
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »
That was a great chart. Breaks it down really well. But it also shows how much Novak and Nadal really dominated last year. It's good to win everything one year, but then it comes back to bite you the next seeing how you just constantly have to always keep getting the same results year after year in order not to lose points.

It also does make you appreciate all those players who did it year after year. That's a tough thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
Dallas - except Nadal & Djokovic are the type of players that can repeat their dominant results season in and season out.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »

Nice chart!!!  :)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
i see some greediness and un-intelligence from djokovic.......this is going to backfire.......there is no better surface than montecarlo for nadal to face djokovic.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »
i see some greediness and un-intelligence from djokovic.......this is going to backfire.......there is no better surface than montecarlo for nadal to face djokovic.......
Now that would be fun provided they both make it to the final!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »

looking at that chart, i really feel that rafa needs to skip barcelona and give himself a great chance of gaining 800 points by winning rome and madrid.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »
Stats

thankx for the stats...i have mixed reactions on this topic..on 1 hand, i m glad fed has chosen rest as he definately need its after a long season start.. :)
but on the other hand, he's giving a chance to nole & nadal to get ahead  in ranking points.. :(

i hope he does not lose his current form after the rest.. :)

Nadal and Djokovic cannot get ahead really in the clay season, they both need to make the finals and win and they'll pretty much trade some points between them, anything else and they'll drop points.

but losing current form is definitely  a valid concern :(

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »
Shankar - who are you to decide the intelligence of Djokovic? Really I want to know.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 04:30:06 PM »
Shankar - who are you to decide the intelligence of Djokovic? Really I want to know.
I was wondering the same thing. as much as I love shank, he tends to make some stupid posts sometimes  :)~. I guess he is afraid that Nole might spank Nadal again  :rofl_2:. it's all good

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
I hope Djokovic wins RG this year after he's owned Nadal for the past year and half. I hope he doesn't get an inform player who can out-of-the-blue beat him. I want to see at least Djokovic rewriting history because he deserves it. He is the last best player of this generation. I guess there has always been a top 3 and not top 4.
The world awaits no genius

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »
I hope Djokovic wins RG this year after he's owned Nadal for the past year and half. I hope he doesn't get an inform player who can out-of-the-blue beat him. I want to see at least Djokovic rewriting history because he deserves it. He is the last best player of this generation. I guess there has always been a top 3 and not top 4.
Med, will you be my new virtual gf. Emma left me, love your post  :))

Offline FLAG3264

• Tennis Player
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
Everyone needs a rest. For Fed this is a good time to take it, especially points wise.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
Djokovic looks like he wants some more points for guarantee that he can still in No.1 before French open. Nadal simple needs to do well for all following tournament, same for Federer.

Each player has to beat other top 2, and other many players to be top.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Djokovic looks like he wants some more points for guarantee that he can still in No.1 before French open. Nadal simple needs to do well for all following tournament, same for Federer.

Each player has to beat other top 2, and other many players to be top.
yup, that's how I see it too. Djokovic still has a healthy lead, but he is playing MC to gain some more points and secure his lead as #1. I also believe that RG is his priority #1 and MC is a good place to get some good matches on clay and simply get ready for RG.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »

small correction medwatt.......the owning part was only for 6 months, march - september 2011.......that phase has subsided.......

@alex

nadal is over that mental hurdle, alex.......he choked it alright in the AO final but you will see next time how the story is going to unfold in favour of nadal.......djokovic's time as 2.0 has come and gone.......he is still a strong contender but not as big as in 2011.......he was untouchable in early - mid 2011......

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:57 PM »
I see Murray was left out of the list here :confused1: Murray is playing on clay.
MonteCarlo
Barcelona
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Be funny if Murray wins one on clay,i think this year he will win one of these above.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:35:50 PM by sid »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
Rest up Fed, let the others have something once in awhile. A true Gentleman.  :gleam:

The others will burn themselves out and then later Fed can come in fresh and hungry for more.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
During the Press Conference organised in Paris, at the Pavillon Elysée, Zeljko Franulovic, the Tournament Director and former winner in Monte-Carlo, disclosed the broad outlines of the next Monte Carlo Rolex Masters in the presence of Mr. Francis Truchi, Director of the Monte Carlo Country Club and representatives of the main sponsors of the event, notably Rolex, the title sponsor and BNP Paris.
Organised by the SMETT (Société Monegasque pour l’Exploitation du Tournoi de Tennis), the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters, which will take place from 14th to 22nd April 2012 in the legendary setting of the Monte Carlo Country Club (MCCC), is the first major European tournament in the prestigious category of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000. This month of April will be entirely devoted to tennis since the MCCC is also hosting the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup tie between the United States and France from 6th to 8th April 2012.
During the press conference, the list of 45 players enrolled in the tournament  was revealed to which will be added the 7 successful players from the qualifying rounds, and 4 wild cards that will make up the 56 players to compete in the Main Draw.
RAFAEL NADAL, SET ON WINNING AN 8TH TITLE
Once again last year, Rafael Nadal made his mark on the history of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters and world tennis when he became the first player in history to win the same tournament seven consecutive times. Loyal to one of his favourite tournaments, the No.2 world player has one set idea: to obtain an eighth victory, but the Majorcan will have a tough task ahead of him considering the exceptional players he’ll be up against, notably Novak Djokovic, the no. 1 world player, who has bolstered his achievements by winning three Grand Slam tournaments and the last Australian Open.
AN EXCEPTIONAL MAIN DRAW
“Over the last years, the players have demonstrated their attachment to our tournament. This 106th edition, which includes 8 of the top 10 world players, has all the ingredients of an exceptional event since alongside the No. 1 and 2 world players, is Andy Murray (no. 4), a serious contender for a third place, and of course the new upcoming tennis star John Isner (no.10). They will all have the privilege of performing under the expert eye of another tennis legend, the Swede Björn Borg who will be in the Principality for the occasion!”, commented Zeljko Franulovic.