Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 10265 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: Djokovic and Nadal but no Federer for Monte Carlo
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »
Rest up Fed, let the others have something once in awhile. A true Gentleman.  :gleam:

The others will burn themselves out and then later Fed can come in fresh and hungry for more.

Like the Ozz open lol,sorry Swish i could not help myself here :rofl_2:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
I see Murray was left out of the list here :confused1: Murray is playing on clay.
MonteCarlo
Barcelona
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Be funny if Murray wins one on clay,i think this year he will win one of these above.

I can add that for Murray. Murray and Federer have less points need to defence compare to Nadal and Djokovic. I believe it about 1200 to 1500 points.
So this thing is pretty simple for Murray. He needs to do well in rest of tournaments before French open. He needs to close the gap between he and top 3.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:34:15 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
Rest up Fed, let the others have something once in awhile. A true Gentleman.  :gleam:

The others will burn themselves out and then later Fed can come in fresh and hungry for more.

Like the Ozz open lol,sorry Swish i could not help myself here :rofl_2:

:drinks:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 01:35:43 AM »

For Murray, I don't see he can get top unless he wins more titles than other top4 which means he needs to beat other top4 in semi and final.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:37:54 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
William that table is really cool and helpful, thanks!!

And it's also very interesting. I think it goes to show that there really is true competition among the top 4 at this point. None of the top 4 is in the top 4 or is going to move up by luck or doing well in other events alone, ultimately for any of Nadal Federer and Murray to move up the rankings they need to go through the other three top players and WIN big events - grand slams - to see any real movement. Winning a grand slam has SO much to do with the top rankings these days, it's almost impossible to consider anyone a lock for the top spot unless they have at least two grand slams and a couple of small titles. Very exciting and in a way because now we just sit back and watch the games - Federer needs to beat Nadal and Djokovic, Murray needs to beat Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, Nadal needs to beat Djokovic and Djokovic needs to hold off the attack and keep winning. It's vicious! I love it.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
Thanks for the table William,If Murray makes the final he will have 8,000+ points more if he wins Miami.Atm i like his draw @ Miami.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »

For Murray, I don't see he can get top unless he wins more titles than other top4 which means he needs to beat other top4 in semi and final.

We should have a thread for this table on it's own,could call it top four watch.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 03:54:13 AM »
It will be very interesting after Miami. There is concern for Nadal as he retired because of knee injure. Considering following clay season, it will put more pressure on his knee. More important thing is we don't how bad is his knee injure.

Before Miami, Federer looked promise that he will further close the gap between he and Nadal. But surprisly he went out by Roddick great performance. So the gap does not close even Nadal retired at sf. If Murray wins Miami, he has chance to further close the gap with Federer. So it will be very interesting to see Federer change his decision and play Monte Caro (if wildcard still avaiable). Federer knows that he needs to do well in this year clay season.

So what about Djokovic and Murray? It is obvious both of them need Miami title. For Djokovic, he needs points to maintain his lead. For Murray, he needs points to close the gap with Federer.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:29:55 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:01 AM »
William,i think now the smart move would be for Federer to play as many Clay matches as poss like you say.Must be massive concern for Nadal atm over his knee or knee's with 4.700 points to defend on Clay.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: Djokovic and Nadal but no Federer for Monte Carlo
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »

We should have a thread for this table on it's own,could call it top four watch.
yeah that would be great

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 09:15:08 AM »
Anyway, just to expose the obvious, but even if you go back to tho old atp ranking system it is quite interesting that any of the top four would be No. 1 in the 90s with the ranking points they have a the moment..

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
Anyway, just to expose the obvious, but even if you go back to tho old atp ranking system it is quite interesting that any of the top four would be No. 1 in the 90s with the ranking points they have a the moment..

Yes Mav with the new ranking system gaps look bigger today,some of us forget this,gaps can close very quick.Djokovic won't want to drop 2 lot's of Masters points.If thay go,it's a hole year before thay can be made back,or unless Djokovic wins else where with the same ranking points.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »
I am going to update after finishing today work.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
I am going to update after finishing today work.

Thanks WC. I look forward to your endeavers.  :cool:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 02:06:59 AM »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 03:14:19 AM »
Thanks on the update william.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »
Good for Fed to give the bone of Miami to the desperate field. No need to be greedy. He can clean up more titles in Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
Good for Fed to give the bone of Miami to the desperate field. No need to be greedy. He can clean up more titles in Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros.

Rog didn't give anything away. He never does. as for Roger cleaning up titles in Madrid, Rome and RGj ... maybe if Nadal and Djokovic decide to kill themselves, or they  both get  hit by a bus  :rofl_2:. are you crazy man  :zipped:? I hope you are  just being sarcastic. If not, I'm worried about you  :)~

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:15 AM »

Yeah,i guess he gave Murray 600 ranking points to help close the gap,any more points he wants to give away,i'm sure we take them,(thanks) :rofl_2:

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
I think the way things are hardly going to be a change in the top 4.