Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
I think the way things are hardly going to be a change in the top 4.

Fed has a chance to get to #2 if he would play MC but he also has a lot of matches to be played with the olympics so will probably skip that tournament.

I don't know if he'll play doubles in the olympics though this time.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
I think the way things are hardly going to be a change in the top 4.

Fed has a chance to get to #2 if he would play MC but he also has a lot of matches to be played with the olympics so will probably skip that tournament.

I don't know if he'll play doubles in the olympics though this time.

I think not he'll play doubles in the olympics though this time.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 01:38:07 AM »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »
Fed has little to defend so these upcoming tournaments will mean a lot.
Eventually Nadal will fail on clay but this doesn't look to happen this year.

Djokovic has a ton of points, he has little margin for error.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 12:44:46 PM »
it really doesn't matter to me if nadal falls to no.3 and that looks unlikely anyway with nadal refusing to let up an inch on the surface.......he looks good to collect additional points in madrid and rome this year.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
it really doesn't matter to me if nadal falls to no.3 and that looks unlikely anyway with nadal refusing to let up an inch on the surface.......he looks good to collect additional points in madrid and rome this year.......
well, he can only collect 800 points ... not to chabby assuming that Djoko lose early but I don't think it's happening ...

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »
I think Murray will be number 3 at the end of the year.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2012, 03:29:53 AM »
Federer has a chance to overtake Rafael Nadal as the new World no.2 if he reaches & wins the finals at the Madrid masters.. :lmao: :lmao: :) :)

Go roger !! :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
Federer has a chance to overtake Rafael Nadal as the new World no.2 if he reaches & wins the finals at the Madrid masters.. :lmao: :lmao: :) :)

Federer will lost to Djokovic in semifinal

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »

Federer will lost to Djokovic in semifinal

Fed's got a chance. So does DelPo and has never won a 1000 tournament despite all the hoopla about him.

Fed can also get to #2 which is surprising.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2012, 03:20:37 AM »
Federer In 3-Way Battle For No. 1 At Wimbledon

Wimbledon is shaping as a battleground for the World No. 1 ranking, with Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer all in contention to hold top spot after The Championships.

Djokovic, who has held the No. 1 South African Airways ATP Ranking since July 4, 2011 after winning his first Wimbledon title, must reach the final to ensure that he remains ahead of his rivals. Because of his stunning start to the 2011 season, when Djokovic headed into Wimbledon with a 41-1 match record, the Serb has had a mountain of points to defend during the first half of this year. Although he defended his Australian Open and Sony Open Tennis titles, those have been Djokovic’s only triumphs of the season; in 2011 he won seven crowns during the same period.

Federer can retake No. 1 if he wins the Wimbledon title and Djokovic does not advance beyond the semi-finals. It has been more than two years (Roland Garros 2009) since Federer last held top dog status on the ATP World Tour. He enjoyed a 48-week run at World No. 1 the last time, taking the top ranking back from Nadal following his 2009 Wimbledon triumph. He first ascended to No. 1 on February 2004 and held the position for a record 237 consecutive weeks. All up, the Swiss has held the No. 1 ranking for 285 weeks during his career, just one week shy of Pete Sampras’ all-time record of 286 weeks.

Nadal, who ceded the No. 1 ranking to Djokovic when he lost the Wimbledon final last year, can reclaim top spot if he wins The Championships for a third time and the Serb does not go beyond the quarter-finals.

Federer has vaulted back into contention for No. 1 after a strong finish to last season and an impressive 2012 campaign. Last year Federer lost to Djokovic in the semi-finals of US Open (after holding two match points) and won his last three tournaments of the year: Basel, The ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title in Paris and the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. In his nine tournaments this year Federer has failed to reach the semi-finals or better only once (Miami) and has won four events: ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles in Indian Wells and Madrid, and ATP World Tour 500 titles in Rotterdam and Dubai.

The table below shows how many South African Airways ATP Rankings points each player will have after Wimbledon 2012 based on which round he reaches.

GO ROGER !!! :king: :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2012, 12:01:12 PM »
How safe is Murray at 4?

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »
How safe is Murray at 4?

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Probably will depend on how well he and/or Tsonga or Ferrer does at Wimbledon. Here are the points right now:

Murray: 6,980
Tsonga: 5,230
Ferrer: 5,180

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
as close as it looks, fed practically has no chance of retaking the no.1 spot.......i don't think he will even get to the final.......there are 5 players who can beat him at wimbledon quite comfortably........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »
as close as it looks, fed practically has no chance of retaking the no.1 spot.......i don't think he will even get to the final.......there are 5 players who can beat him at wimbledon quite comfortably........
I read this on another board. they are saying that Fed would need to win W, while Djokovic would need to lose before QF and Nadal before semis. I'm not sure if this is correct but it goes something like that. It's very unlikely. Fed hasn't won a major in 2 years, and there are players not called Djokovic or Nadal who can def. him at W. sorry Fed fans, just my honest opinion.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 04:50:08 AM »
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:34:47 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:47 AM »
Whoa..Federer is now the World no.2 !!! :king: :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »
I read this on another board. they are saying that Fed would need to win W, while Djokovic would need to lose before QF and Nadal before semis. I'm not sure if this is correct but it goes something like that. It's very unlikely. Fed hasn't won a major in 2 years, and there are players not called Djokovic or Nadal who can def. him at W. sorry Fed fans, just my honest opinion.

If Fed takes the title he's #1, of course he'll have to beat Djokovic on the way there.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
still not happening.......fed looks beatable.......

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
Agreed.. Fed looks beatable, but I am not 100% sure he will lose to Djokovic... Fed can come in and display some amazing tennis, he has demonstrated this, this year, so if he can play some decent and good tennis he has a good shot against Djokovic... Remember this is a good surface for Roger and he can easily get beaten by Djokovic as easily as he can win that match too...

Who wants to put some money into a hypothetical SF?

I have my money on Roger.. too hungry now that everything is within his grasp to let it go away..