Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 9842 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
Agreed.. Fed looks beatable, but I am not 100% sure he will lose to Djokovic... Fed can come in and display some amazing tennis, he has demonstrated this, this year, so if he can play some decent and good tennis he has a good shot against Djokovic... Remember this is a good surface for Roger and he can easily get beaten by Djokovic as easily as he can win that match too...

Who wants to put some money into a hypothetical SF?

I have my money on Roger.. too hungry now that everything is within his grasp to let it go away..

One match at a time!!!!!! He plays X-man next...not Djokovic! :)>>>>

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »
True!! :)

Let's just wait... Fed might not even have to play Djokovic! :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

Let's just wait... Fed might not even have to play Djokovic
! :))
You and Dallas should hope so, because Nole will humiliate him  :)~ . I feel evil this evening  :rofl_2:. Djokovic, so far, looks much, much sharper than anybody else at this tournament. Rog is not even close.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2012, 06:12:57 AM »
Yeah, you are right.. but I am hopeful Fed can take on Djokovic! :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2012, 12:54:07 PM »

You and Dallas should hope so, because Nole will humiliate him  :)~ . I feel evil this evening  :rofl_2:. Djokovic, so far, looks much, much sharper than anybody else at this tournament. Rog is not even close.

And anything can happen in 1 match.  But it's still a long way from there.  Roger has to get by Youzhny first.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

And anything can happen in 1 match.  But it's still a long way from there.  Roger has to get by Youzhny first.
anything can happen indeed, but Nole looks unplayable and everyone else including Roger is pretty mediocre. that back problem, not sure how serious is tho won't help either. I've never seen Roger calling for his trainer before.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

anything can happen indeed, but Nole looks unplayable and everyone else including Roger is pretty mediocre. that back problem, not sure how serious is tho won't help either. I've never seen Roger calling for his trainer before.

He rarely calls for a trainer.  He did in that long match with Safin at the Australian Open final back in ... 2005? 06?  somewhere along there.  Back in 2004 he called for a trainer having something to do with his foot.  But you are correct...you have to really think of specific instances (rare instances) where he had to call for a trainer.  When he does, you know something is wrong.  I just hope he'll be ok for his next match.  At least Youzhny is around the same age as Roger and he had to play a 5 set match today too.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2012, 03:55:47 AM »

as if that russian is some world beater and is hard to overcome.......if i were you, i would already start thinking about how to beat djokovic.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »

as if that russian is some world beater and is hard to overcome.......if i were you, i would already start thinking about how to beat djokovic.......

Like Nadal's fans were thinking about how to beat his next opponent before he played Rosol?   :innocent:  No thank you.  I'll take it ONE match at a time.  Never overlook anyone!!!!!  That's my motto.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »
nadal has become a football fan clown.......so you never know what to expect of him in slams other than roland garros.......

look at fed, he is so focused on himself all the time, never even bother with davis cup.......nadal fans want nadal to be like that but he just can't stop donating his slams one after another to djokovic in recent times.......it looks like the rafael nadal foundation is not in spain, it is in his mind.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
nadal has become a football fan clown.......so you never know what to expect of him in slams other than roland garros.......

look at fed, he is so focused on himself all the time, never even bother with davis cup.......nadal fans want nadal to be like that but he just can't stop donating his slams one after another to djokovic in recent times.......it looks like the rafael nadal foundation is not in spain, it is in his mind.......

Even when Nadal has proven to stuck gold with what he's got, that doesn't necessarily means he has given up on any slam but RG.. Let's be honest, Nadal apart from RG seems "beatable" from the start of his career.. He managed to grab USO and AO on a terrific display of hard work, mentality and strength.. but considering how he has been doing, he is doing great, he reached 4 GS finals last year just to get beaten by an on fire and tremendous effort and talent from Djokovic, he reached the final at AO this year to lose only to Djokovic and won RG, a 2nd. round loss on Wimbledon is a major upset, but so far he has been doing good.

Don't be too hard on the guy! He is a great professional and gives 120% in almost every tournament  and Slam.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »

Even when Nadal has proven to stuck gold with what he's got, that doesn't necessarily means he has given up on any slam but RG.. Let's be honest, Nadal apart from RG seems "beatable" from the start of his career.. He managed to grab USO and AO on a terrific display of hard work, mentality and strength.. but considering how he has been doing, he is doing great, he reached 4 GS finals last year just to get beaten by an on fire and tremendous effort and talent from Djokovic, he reached the final at AO this year to lose only to Djokovic and won RG, a 2nd. round loss on Wimbledon is a major upset, but so far he has been doing good.

Don't be too hard on the guy! He is a great professional and gives 120% in almost every tournament  and Slam.
[/b]

I know.  Reading some comments from his "FANS" here makes me think that I'd hate for you guys to be his enemies! :rofl_2:  You Nadal fans can be brutal on the guy when he loses!  Give him some slack.  That match he lost against Rosol was really in Rosol's hands the way he played.  Nadal just came up against someone in the ZONE for one match.  Rosol may never play like that again, but for that ONE match - he was ON!!!!! There was not much Nadal could do that night.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
it was not a total blow out like tsonga 2008 oz semis........i would have given him some slack for that kind of loss but not for this at all........he still won 2 sets playing crap tennis........that means he lost because he did not prepare........mav, his clay domination is so ridiculous that his performances outside clay look weak........he is very hard to beat anywhere when he has no knee issues and playing well........

anyway he has given away his 12th slam to someone else........so no nadal fan is happy with him.......to top everything, he said that it's a shame that he was not in poland when spain lifted the euro cup........he is not worried about losing at wimbledon but worried about not being in poland........fantastic.......

what a football fan fool he has become........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
Shank, nobody including Rafa 'donated' anything to Djokovic. Djokovic earned it. period. sometimes you tend to be too dramatic. as if everything depends on Rafa  :)~.  and yes, Dallas is right, you and Herc, even being his biggest fans, tend to be too hard on Nadal (it doesn't really bother me,  just an observation  :))

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »
he surely donated the australian open 2012 and wimbledon 2012.......that cannot be denied.......wimbledon was clearly his slam........all the momentum was with him.......

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
Federer is so close to the #1 ranking since he lost it in June 2010, he can't fail to seize this opportunity!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
Federer is so close to the #1 ranking since he lost it in June 2010, he can't fail to seize this opportunity!
close shmose my friend. Nole is going to kill him on Friday  :)~.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »

Come friday and Fed will be a different "dog" on court!! Mark my words!! :)) You should be scared Alex.. if Djokovic loses to Fed you can kiss his no. 1 spot goodbye!  :)~

Offline Refinijone

• New Poster
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
Tennis is the on e of my favourite sports. My favourite tennis star is  nadal and on this Wimbledon 2012 nadal will defiantly win and reach on first place.  I want to see dream final between nadal and federar.
newbielink:http://www.gymsportsflooring.com/ [nonactive]

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »

Come friday and Fed will be a different "dog" on court!! Mark my words!! :)) You should be scared Alex.. if Djokovic loses to Fed you can kiss his no. 1 spot goodbye!  :)~
mav if Fed somehow manages to win, I'll be crying like a little gurl ... but it ain't hapening  :)~ ... gosh, I shouldn't be so cocky, I don't want to jinx Nole  :rofl_2:... just fooling here with Fed fans ... the only ones who should be very, very scared are Federer and Dallas  :)~  :))