Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 9574 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2012, 07:31:36 PM »
Federer is so close to the #1 ranking since he lost it in June 2010, he can't fail to seize this opportunity!
close shmose my friend. Nole is going to kill him on Friday  :)~.

Come friday and Fed will be a different "dog" on court!! Mark my words!! :)) You should be scared Alex.. if Djokovic loses to Fed you can kiss his no. 1 spot goodbye!  :)~
mav if Fed somehow manages to win, I'll be crying like a little gurl ... but it ain't hapening  :)~ ... gosh, I shouldn't be so cocky, I don't want to jinx Nole  :rofl_2:... just fooling here with Fed fans ... the only ones who should be very, very scared are Federer and Dallas  :)~  :))

Nah... I said on another thread that no one (and I mean NO ONE) had predicted that Rosol would be Rafa...but look what happened.  So.. since NO ONE is predicting Roger to beat Novak - I'll say - you never know what will happen in the future.  That's why they play it on the field!  Like Novak's fans (and maybe Novak himself)...sometimes it's not so good being 'over confident'....just saying. :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:57 PM »
well Dallas, you know I'm just goofing around, trying to push your buttons (Emma is not posting any more, so I had to find another victim, and because I dearly love you it is you right now  :innocent: :))).  If Fed somehow manages to def. Nole, you can abuse me as much as you want to  :whistle:.

Now, seriously, everything is possible, but based on their respective current forms, Nole is a heavy favorite. I've seen almost all of their matches, and Djokovic looks much sharper. Anyway, I'm literally drooling over this match. 2 great champions meeting on grass for the first time at the most prestigious tournament in the world. This should be the final. I'm really sick and tired of seeing Djokovic and Fed in the same half of the draw, over, and over again ...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:17:31 PM by Alex »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
close shmose my friend. Nole is going to kill him on Friday  :)~.

Get ready for finger wag #2 Alex.  :)~
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2012, 12:27:04 AM »
FFF, what was #1  :whistle:?

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2012, 03:40:16 AM »
well Dallas, you know I'm just goofing around, trying to push your buttons (Emma is not posting any more, so I had to find another victim, and because I dearly love you it is you right now  :innocent: :))).  If Fed somehow manages to def. Nole, you can abuse me as much as you want to  :whistle:.

Now, seriously, everything is possible, but based on their respective current forms, Nole is a heavy favorite. I've seen almost all of their matches, and Djokovic looks much sharper. Anyway, I'm literally drooling over this match. 2 great champions meeting on grass for the first time at the most prestigious tournament in the world. This should be the final. I'm really sick and tired of seeing Djokovic and Fed in the same half of the draw, over, and over again ...

I do agree with you Alex... This is the real final.. come sunday, any of these 2 will just blast the other (Murray/Tsonga) away..

Anyway, it is great to see these two on grass!! Should be an exciting match!! Im pulling for Roger in 5 sets!! :)) (Was my prediction not predictible?? LOL )

And I do have to agree with you on the other thing!! WTF is up with Djokovic and Fed always ending up in the same side of the draw??? This is  CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!! :)) LOL..

Anyway, we shouldn't worry about that one, come monday, no matter who wins, Djokovic and Fed are guaranteed to be on opposites side of the draw!! :))

Now Im pulling for Djokovic and Nadal being on the same side of the draw 90% of the times on tournaments to come! :))

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48:31 AM »
well Dallas, you know I'm just goofing around, trying to push your buttons (Emma is not posting any more, so I had to find another victim, and because I dearly love you it is you right now  :innocent: :)) ).  If Fed somehow manages to def. Nole, you can abuse me as much as you want to  :whistle: .

emma hasn't gone anywhere.......she is just mad that she forgot her password for both the forum and her email........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2012, 11:27:07 AM »
well Dallas, you know I'm just goofing around, trying to push your buttons (Emma is not posting any more, so I had to find another victim, and because I dearly love you it is you right now  :innocent: :)) ).  If Fed somehow manages to def. Nole, you can abuse me as much as you want to  :whistle: .

emma hasn't gone anywhere.......she is just mad that she forgot her password for both the forum and her email........
:rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »
Here you go

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:53:34 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »
Here you go

Does this include today's results for both Federer and Murray? This is super Interesting!! Thanks William!

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »
If Fed win the title in Sunday , he will rank number 1 with only 75 points ahead of Djokovic.  Only 75.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
Here you go

Does this include today's results for both Federer and Murray? This is super Interesting!! Thanks William!

In fact, I haven't updated Murray's current point. He gains another 480 point for reaching final as he reached semi-final last year.

6980+480=7460
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:21:45 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »
Yes, only 75 points! Djokovic, Nadal still has chance to gain No.1!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »

But IF he wins on Sunday, he will tie Pete with the most weeks.  THEN...since the top players are not playing again until the Olympics...he would hold on to the ranking another week to go in front.  That's my understanding anyway.  But first things first...Roger has to WIN on Sunday.

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2012, 01:49:42 AM »

But IF he wins on Sunday, he will tie Pete with the most weeks.  THEN...since the top players are not playing again until the Olympics...he would hold on to the ranking another week to go in front.  That's my understanding anyway.  But first things first...Roger has to WIN on Sunday.

None of the top ranked players played any tournaments until the Roger's Cup last year, which means Roger will have a three solid weeks addition to his already stellar record number of weeks at number 1; passing Pete's record and topping that by two more. Moreover, a best of three set Olympics match will suit Federer and his chances of getting deep into the tournament is pretty high as well. Also as displayed earlier in this thread, he is the one with the least number of points to defend, so any entry into the quarters and semis in the Masters would be extra points for Roger. It is looking good for Roger until US  open. It is only after US open that he needs to worry about loosing points, since he has to defend his titles at Paris, Basil and year-end Championship.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2012, 04:57:17 AM »
There are only three matches left to be played at Wimbledon 2012. In one semifinal, Roger Federer will face Novak Djokovic, while in the other semifinal, Andy Murray will face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
The World No. 1 ranking is on the line in the tournament as Federer can replace Djokovic on top of the ATP rankings. In order to do that, Federer would have to win the semifinal and the final. Under all other scenarios, Djokovic would remain No. 1.
Here's a breakdown of what each player stands to gain or lose in the final two rounds at Wimbledon in terms of ranking points:
Djokovic:

• 2000 ranking points to defend based on his title from last season.
  • If he went out in the semifinals, he would turn a net loss of 1280 ranking points and become the World No. 2 if Federer won the tournament.
  • If Djokovic lost in the final, he would turn a net loss of 800 ranking points, but he would remain No. 1.
  • If Djokovic won the title, he would not lose or gain any ranking points and he would remain No. 1.
Federer:

• 360 ranking points to defend based on his quarterfinal appearance last season.
  • If he went out in the semifinals, he would turn a net gain of 360 ranking points and he would become the World No. 2.
  • If Federer lost in the final, he would turn a net gain of 840 ranking points and he would become the World No. 2.
  • If Federer won the title, he would turn a net gain of 1640 ranking points and he would become the World No. 1.
Murray:

• 720 ranking points to defend based on his semifinal appearance last season.
  • If he went out in the semifinals, he would not gain or lose any ranking points and would remain the World No. 4.
  • If he lost in the final, he would gain 480 ranking points and would remain the World No. 4.
  • If he won the title, he would gain 1280 ranking points and would remain the World No. 4.

Tsonga:

• 720 ranking points to defend based on his semifinal appearance last season
  • If he went out in the semis, he would not gain or lose any ranking points and would remain the World No. 6.
  • If he lost in the final, he would gain 480 ranking points and he would be the World No. 5.
  • If he won the title, he would gain 1280 ranking points and he would be the World No. 5.
Regardless of the results at Wimbledon, Tsonga cannot be ranked higher than fifth in the world after Wimbledon. Murray cannot be anything except the World No. 4. David Ferrer can drop down to sixth depending on how Tsonga does. Nadal will be the World No. 3. Federer or Djokovic will be either the World No. 2 or the World No. 1.
This is what the rankings would look like on Monday if Djokovic were to beat Murray in the final, the result that is most probable if one went by betting odds:

• Novak Djokovic  12280
  • Roger Federer  9795
  • Rafael Nadal  8905
  • Andy Murray  7460
  • David Ferrer  5430
  • Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 5230
  • Tomas Berdych 4515
  • Janko Tipsarevic 3280
  • Juan Martin del Potro 3180
  • John Isner  2620
This is what the rankings would look like if Roger Federer defeated Andy Murray in the final:

• Roger Federer 11075
  • Novak Djokovic 11000
  • Rafael Nadal 8905
  • Andy Murray all other ranking points and rankings as above
If Tsonga won the title, he would be close to Murray, but still ranked below him. If Murray won the title, he would be within 700 ranking points of Nadal.

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
With Roger win, the race to become number 1 year end had never been this close for 3 players.

POints for 2012 so far:

1. Roger with 7085
2. Novak with 6840
3. Nadal with 6795

With so many big tournaments and big points, it still anybody games. We still had US Open, 5 ATP 1000, 1 ATP Year end and 1 OLympic.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:30:37 PM by hcpoirot »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2012, 02:04:39 PM »
With Roger win, the race to become number 1 year end had never be this close for 3 players.

POints for 2012 only:

1. Roger with 7085
2. Novak with 6840
3. Nadal with 6795

With so many big tournaments and big points, it still anybody games. We still had US Open, 5 ATP 1000 4ATP 1000, 1 ATP Year end and 1 OLympic.

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
Thanks for this! I could never keep up with the points lol

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2012, 04:51:20 AM »
Congrats to Roger & fans,  this week he sit at rank number 1 for amazing 287 weeks  and counting as the longest weeks at number 1 in ATP ranking.  :)