Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 12326 times)

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2012, 05:05:02 AM »
Yay!! So that means he will get to 288 at least... at least until the Olympics are over, so that would put him into 289-290?

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2012, 06:32:57 AM »
If Murray does really well at the Olympics, he can close the gap between him and Rafa and will have a real chance to get the #3 ranking.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
If Murray does really well at the Olympics, he can close the gap between him and Rafa and will have a real chance to get the #3 ranking.
yeah, but the thing is #3 or #4, it doesn't really matter (it's more to do with prestige in a way).

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
yeah, but the thing is #3 or #4, it doesn't really matter (it's more to do with prestige in a way).

That is true, for the top 4, #2-4 don't really matter as far as the draws go as you'd still have to face 2 of the other 3. And the upward ranking doesn't really have much of a psychological effect for Murray since he's already been #2 a while ago.

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »
Yay!! So that means he will get to 288 at least... at least until the Olympics are over, so that would put him into 289-290?

Yes, mav. Roger will at least get to 290 weeks number 1. After that, it all depend on how well he and Nole result in the OLympic.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
Things are getting close with Murray & Nadal in rankings ATM.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2012, 05:06:51 AM »
Interesting read.. thanks for sharing this!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2012, 08:40:36 AM »
top 4 ranking watch is boring  :)~
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »

Good Job Haas is not init,that would be boring :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2012, 04:06:39 PM »

Good Job Haas is not init,that would be boring :rofl_2:

oi you  :)~

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »
Cincinnati Update:

If Federer reaches the final, he retains #1.

If Djokovic is to re-ascend to No. 1, he must reach the final and hope Federer loses before the quarter-finals. If Federer were to reach the quarter or semi-finals, Djokovic could overtake the Swiss by winning the title.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »
NEWS : Murray has a good chance to overtake Nadal !!

With Rafa not playing cincinnati & now US OPEN, if murray plays well at both these tournys, he can overtake nadal! !

Currently, Nadal is at no.3 position with 8895 pts.
& Andy Murray is at no. 4 position with 8200 pts.

who expected this ???? :))
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »
these current rankings are of zero significance and are not a true reflection of the real standings........tennis without nadal is as good as brazil without beaches........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
zero significance to Nadal fans maybe, everyone else would disagree.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »
zero significance to Nadal fans maybe, everyone else would disagree.

Straight up truth here.  Tennis goes on when players are injured or out.  Who was #1 in 82 83 84?  Connors/Mac.  I can hear the same argument 'if Borg were still playing, he'd have been #1.  Connors and Mac should have asterisks, their achievements have zero meaning'.  How about all the injuries Haas suffered early in his career, after getting to #2?  What about Delpo who had severe wrist injury after getting the 09 USO?  Does Nadal's 2010 get an asterisk because an about to dominate Delpo was missing?  Rubbish.  Get better soon and come back strong Rafa, but you get no accolades when you're on the sidelines.
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:49 PM »
Cincinnati Update:

If Djokovic is to re-ascend to No. 1, he must reach the final and hope Federer loses before the quarter-finals. If Federer were to reach the quarter or semi-finals, Djokovic could overtake the Swiss by winning the title.

Thanks for the update!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:05 PM »
Cincinnati Update:

They only have 75 point difference.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2012, 11:01:03 PM »
Cincinnati Update:

That was before the tournament started. Djokovic now loses what he gained last year and so does Fed.
I think it was 600 for Djokovic and 180 for Fed. so 600-180 + the 75 Fed had = 495.

Djokovic needs to have at least 495 points more in Cincy to be #1 if I didn't make a mistake.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »
Cincinnati Update:

That was before the tournament started. Djokovic now loses what he gained last year and so does Fed.
I think it was 600 for Djokovic and 180 for Fed. so 600-180 + the 75 Fed had = 495.

Djokovic needs to have at least 495 points more in Cincy to be #1 if I didn't make a mistake.

Correct!  :)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:50 PM »
all this talk of no.1 is very boring........players exchanging rankings every other week.......without rafa, the circuit is looking like women's tennis........the no.1 ranking has lost a bit of a shine this year.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS