Author Topic: Top 4 Ranking Watch  (Read 11701 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2012, 12:32:43 PM »
all this talk of no.1 is very boring........players exchanging rankings every other week.......without rafa, the circuit is looking like women's tennis........the no.1 ranking has lost a bit of a shine this year.......

Weren't you whining when Federer was on his 237 consecutive week streak? Then suddenly docile when Nadal was on his 46 week streak!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »
all this talk of no.1 is very boring........players exchanging rankings every other week.......without rafa, the circuit is looking like women's tennis........the no.1 ranking has lost a bit of a shine this year.......

Weren't you whining when Federer was on his 237 consecutive week streak? Then suddenly docile when Nadal was on his 46 week streak!

Fed making #1 shook the tennis world.

And it's not over yet for the unrelenting king.  :king:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
Fed making #1 shook the tennis world.

And it's not over yet for the unrelenting king.  :king:

It's sure making some people VERY angry.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Top 4 Ranking Watch
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »

Very boring...unfortunately, not boring enough that you don't read or comment on it.

The #1 ranking has lost a bit of its shine....to fantards with a grossly distorted view of the sport only.

Players exchanging rankings every other week....can you count how many?  I see 1 switch between 1 & 2, and possibly another between 3 & 4 coming up.

The circuit is looking like women's tennis...see #1 Ranking.

Shank, you need to get things in order a bit...reality is even further away from you than normal!
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
Considering how close Federer and Djokovic are, we will get to see the #1 ranking change hands atleast a few times over the next few months.

''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
Considering how close Federer and Djokovic are, we will get to see the #1 ranking change hands atleast a few times over the next few months.
I don't think either one cares about it too much. Roger broke all records. Nole managed to achieve #1 and kept it for what, like 55 weeks. If Djokovic had played just one of the smallest tournaments he'd still be #1. the only thing that matters right now is the USO.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »

I'd like Fed to get around 350 weeks and then let others have a chance.  :cool:

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
Of course he will find it boring, since the No. 1 spot is occupied by a 31 yr. old, in top physical condition, wheras his 26 yr. old hero is back in Mallorca icing his ailing knees....

Had Nadal reclaimed the No.1 ranking, he would be all over it.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
I don't think either one cares about it too much. Roger broke all records. Nole managed to achieve #1 and kept it for what, like 55 weeks. If Djokovic had played just one of the smallest tournaments he'd still be #1. the only thing that matters right now is the USO.

Hi Alex,Murray will be fresh @ the USO after letting Cincinnati go.I would like to see Murray in the same half as Nole,he has played alot of tennis & the deeper he goes @ Cincinnati the less chance i give him @ USO.If Nole gets in the final @ Cincinnati he will end up toast @ the USO,he will have played to much tennis.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »

Hi Alex,Murray will be fresh @ the USO after letting Cincinnati go.I would like to see Murray in the same half as Nole,he has played alot of tennis & the deeper he goes @ Cincinnati the less chance i give him @ USO.If Nole gets in the final @ Cincinnati he will end up toast @ the USO,he will have played to much tennis.
hey Sid. I don't want Murray in Nole's half for obvious reasons, Fed can have him  :)). As for Nole playing too much I agree, but what do you do ... he had to defend all points in Toronto where he won and Cinci where he is defending 600 points for reaching the final last year. I can only hope that one week between Cinci and the USO will be enough for him to get some rest.  I'm proud of Nole being able to literally save Rogers Cup this year after all other top guys decided not to show up. 

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »
There is another chance for Djokovic to take back his no.1 after US open if he do it well.

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2012, 05:13:59 AM »
Fed doesnt care about being No1 ,not since he got another Pete's record ...

for him it about health & chance for one (or few) more slam(s)

in interview before Cincinnati he said that if no1 was priority he would play RC in Canada

and djoper maybe wants top spot but not as much as he wanted it for "first time around"

what is important is that Fed & djoper can not play in semis anymore ....

and as far as titles go it seems that only djoper can beat Fed in finals & only Fed can beat djoper finals

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2012, 11:28:41 AM »
Fed doesnt care about being No1 ,not since he got another Pete's record ...

Disagree on that...
I think he cares greatly about the ranking..
In the post match interview after his win in wimbledon, he said how happy he was " to have recaptured my No.1 ranking"...

Also at the time he was overtaken by Nadal for the No.1 spot, a few years back, when  he was announced going on court at the US Open, as the no.2 seed, he later said that hearing his name in conjunction with "No.2 ranked" just didn't sound right to him...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:30:36 AM by mtt »

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
^^^"in interview before Cincinnati he said that if no1 was priority he would play RC in Canada"  :ZZZZZ)

few years back he was no1 for 5 years & years have passed-years without top spot ......and he got it again at 31
and i'm sure he is not planing for another 5 year domination

why would he care about couple weeks more/less ..... he has all time record, who cares if is it 100,247 or 308  :gleam:

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
Probably not planning on another 5 yrs., but nenertheless, I think it's important to him.

And by reaching the Cincinnati final, he keeps the No.1 ranking going into the USO.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »
Probably not planning on another 5 yrs., but nenertheless, I think it's important to him.

And by reaching the Cincinnati final, he keeps the No.1 ranking going into the USO.

He will keep the #1 ranking even after USO...

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
first tournament djoper will play after UO is ATP Beijing 01/10-07/10

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »
It looks like Fed will make 300 weeks at #1.  :king:

Very impressive with the best top 4 of all time.  ( Murray!!!! is there now officially. )

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
Fed 11,805
Nole 10,470
Murray 8,570
Nadal 7,515
Ferrer 5,915