Author Topic: Nadal resigns from ATP Player Council  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Nadal resigns from ATP Player Council
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »
Good thing Cheatdull is gone.

:rofl_2: :hysterical:

:lol-cry:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »
So why call Nadal that?

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »
So why call Nadal that?

FFF is just joking around.

Some of the names posters come up with for players are more meant to be funny than anything else.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
So why call Nadal that?

Because I can.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:30 AM »
2 year ranking, time violations, season length.

Nadal's points only favor himself. As a board member you should be objective and act upon what's good for the (development of the) sport.

Furthermore, I belive that Nadal is offended that there is disagreement. But discussions, criticism, and disagreement are two common aspects of joint decision making.

Clearly, Nadal is an egocentric and fantastic tennis sportman, and arguably a very bad negotiator/politician/board member.

Both Djokovic and Federer are much more developed people in my opnion. Djokovic in particular because of his background and education.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »
So why call Nadal that?

Some of the names posters come up with for players are more meant to be funny than anything else.

Calling someone a cheat is certainly not funny.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 02:20:52 AM »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:02 AM »
Name calling is only funny when it's funny. Calling Nadal a cheater is a little too much to be funny.

Baz makes an interesting point. Djokovic has certainly gone through different kinds of people and circumstances, and so has Roger. Both these players grew up in foreign places and are both independently strong and I feel like they know what's going on a little more. Nadal on the other hand grew up with his family and I feel like Uncle Toni and crew basically run his life and let him concentrate on tennis. This is even evident on the court, especially the diff between Federer and Nadal, Federer relies and focuses on himself wether it be problems with his game or line calls and challenges wheras Nadal has many-a-time been accused of either eliciting or recieving help from his entourage.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
So why call Nadal that?

Calling someone a cheat is certainly not funny.

Honestly I don't like Nadal's on court behavior, the list is long on his questionable actions during match play.

Probably most actions can be explained away but looking at them all together there is no explanation.
He wants to win even if it means bending the rules as far as he can.

He also has been fined for on court coaching which is cheating.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
Nadal is a cheater on the court, a cheater off the court as well. Then he tries to cheat the rankings. No dice Nadull.  :)>>>>

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 07:02:22 AM »
He cheats. 
It's a fact.
Rules not bent but shattered.

Personally, I think he's got the talent to win without cheating
which makes it all the worse.  So many other admirable traits.
It's a shame.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
I do agree that Djokovic and Federer have much stronger personalities than Nadal (or, what the guy above me said... they are more developed). Altough I dearly like Rafa, he always strikes me as someone who needs other people (uncle Tony, his family etc.) to think for him and make some decisions for him. I don't have a problem with it, it's the way he is.

as for cheating, I won't go there. yeah he does take too much time between the points, but that's something that the ATP guys should address. Nadal is not the only one. too many players do it too. I'm not saying it's right ... it's just that if you have a rule (20 secs in masters, 25 secs in GS) and almost nobody is following it, than it's not the rule any more. change it, or enforce it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:50:21 PM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
No need to go there Alex, it's a fact.
The fact that he's not the only one is irrelevant.

Most of the women play faster than he does.
What does that tell ya?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
Rafa is playing outside the rules !

his average time between points is more then 30s  and time allowed  is 20/25s  ?

how did he get that one Award from players for fair play is beyond common sense   :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

and the worst thing is he can play inside the rules & without "touching himself": it was pure joy to watch him against Federer  on exhibition games in Spain & Switzerland  .....

all courts are so slow these days ( Rafa would not won single one W or UO in Sampras era or if you more like it Sampras would not win so many these days)
rules do not apply for him
schedule not fitting for Rafa no problem lets change it .... done

and he still complains about lack of support for his "ideas"  :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

thanks god ( who does not exist ) for djokovic  ://

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »

his average time between points is more then 30s  and time allowed  is 20/25s  ?

how did he get that one Award from players for fair play is beyond common sense   :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

and the worst thing is he can play inside the rules & without "touching himself": it was pure joy to watch him against Federer  on exhibition games in Spain & Switzerland  .....

all courts are so slow these days ( Rafa would not won single one W or UO in Sampras era or if you more like it Sampras would not win so many these days)

and he still complains about lack of support for his "ideas"  :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

How does the court speed amount to his alleged 'cheating'? Yes, he takes more time between points, so does Nole. The WTA players shriek so much on the court and disturb the opponents, is that not cheating?? Federer changes his rackets between points which is not there in the rules....that's not cheating???

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

How does the court speed amount to his alleged 'cheating'? Yes, he takes more time between points, so does Nole. The WTA players shriek so much on the court and disturb the opponents, is that not cheating?? Federer changes his rackets between points which is not there in the rules....that's not cheating???

court speed is just thing that is good for him   not breaking the rules....... like changing schedule ( when its not fitting anymore )  is not breaking the rules, just harmful thing for lower ranked players & tournaments across the world

as far as Federer goes i blame him for not being able to deal with all  Rafa dirty tricks ( he is slow playing (Towel) when other player is serving - breaking opponents rhythm and that is just disgusting  )

there is difference: taking time between Few points (djokovic and the most other players) and taking time between Every Single point are not same thing !

i love so many things about Rafa( even started as Rafa fan since i`ve tuned back into tennis )  but "cheating and getting away with it" i can not stand !

sometimes "It takes a thief to catch a thief" ..... djoper

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »

What does that tell ya?
well MT, again change to rule or enforce it ... those are the only 2 choices ...

I wouldn't say that Rafa is a cheater... that's too strong. Rafa does what he does, his "shorts picking", his bottles etc. Umpires simply don't enforce the rule. You remember whe Djokovic would bounce the ball like 100 times. thanks God he cut it down. He doesn't do it any more.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 05:44:57 PM »

What does that tell ya?
well MT, again change to rule or enforce it ... those are the only 2 choices ...

I wouldn't say that Rafa is a cheater... that's too strong. Rafa does what he does, his "shorts picking", his bottles etc. Umpires simply don't enforce the rule. You remember whe Djokovic would bounce the ball like 100 times. thanks God he cut it down. He doesn't do it any more.
Agreed, change it or enforce it.

What other rule is it OK to break now?

It definitely has an impact on the game.
It is most definitely intentional.
I find it difficult to comprehend anyone giving him a 'free pass' or calling him anything but a cheat.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »
So MT, shrieking on the court, changing rackets when you are not supposed to etc don't amount to cheating? It is 'bending'/'breaking' the rules after all.....