Author Topic: Nadal resigns from ATP Player Council  (Read 1934 times)

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
Re: Nadal resigns from ATP Player Council
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »
Rumor has it that he and Federer had a lot of conflicts in the Council and could not get anything done!  They need a new president too. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:18:48 PM by HarryWild »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 05:40:50 AM »
So MT, shrieking on the court, changing rackets when you are not supposed to etc don't amount to cheating? It is 'bending'/'breaking' the rules after all.....
Yes, those are both infractions.
The Noise is an intentional hinder.
Racquets should be changed at the changeover.
What rule shall we break next? 
Some hackers believe that calling foot faults is stupid.
I say 'how far over the line should you be allowed to stand'?
Same thing with The Stalling and The Noise.  At what point will you folks have had enough? :dunno:

The rules are there for a reason.
The vast majority of the players have the class to abide by them.
A few players don't.
Fanboys rationalize the behaviour of the miscreants.
I say, just play by the rules. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »
He cheats. 
It's a fact.
Rules not bent but shattered.

Personally, I think he's got the talent to win without cheating
which makes it all the worse.  So many other admirable traits.
It's a shame.

you are still living in 1960s and that fff fankid is just butt-hurt that nadal dominates fed.......the game has moved on since then and it is retarded of ATP to still follow the same old 25 seconds rule.......

there are a no. of players who take more than 25 seconds, not just nadal.......look no further than djokovic if you want somebody else from the top 5 itself.......he too takes his own time even though one can argue not as much as nadal and i am sure there are many others who take time between points.......

i don't blame them at all......the game has become physical and most rallies don't end in one or two shots like in the 90s.......the average rally length was 8 shots in that AO final......just imagine what impact it has on the body.......

if every rule was followed so harshly, such great grandslam finals and great tennis over a season wouldn't be possible.......

if you call nadal a cheat, what shall we call federer for throwing f**k words at the umpire, breaking rackets and whining every time on the challenge system? was he ever given a warning on the court? how is he allowed to "violate" rules then?

what shall we call all those who glance at their box before deciding whether to challenge or not? did any umpire ever object that?

the fact is that umpires are taught to be lenient towards players, particularly top players because the ATP and ITF have f**ked their bodies with surface homogenization and other nonsense.......top players are the revenue generators for them, so they are allowed to get away with the so called "cheating".......be it nadal, fed or djoko, they are all allowed additional privileges if you want to see it that way.......that is because they are the revenue generators for the money obsessed s**thouse called ATP.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »
Nadal is not cheating, umpires must enforce the rule, if they don't its not Nadal's fault... So, to call Nadal a cheat because of it its nuts.

Now, as for your post? What does complaining about the challenge system should be call cheating? Or breaking up your raquet (once,) in the last 6 years?? Or talking to the umpires? That's ridiculous too, and for looking at the box before challenging the call?? Rafa does that a lot... Why comment on that?

Just getting foolish arguments will get you no where, feeling pressured much?? :)

One thing I do have to say is that I really don't like the on court coaching Nadal receives, and that happens more than I would like to see.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:46:07 PM by mav140 »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:03 AM »
He cheats. 
It's a fact.
Rules not bent but shattered.

Personally, I think he's got the talent to win without cheating
which makes it all the worse.  So many other admirable traits.
It's a shame.

you are still living in 1960s and that fff fankid is just butt-hurt that nadal dominates fed.......the game has moved on since then and it is retarded of ATP to still follow the same old 25 seconds rule.......

there are a no. of players who take more than 25 seconds, not just nadal.......look no further than djokovic if you want somebody else from the top 5 itself.......he too takes his own time even though one can argue not as much as nadal and i am sure there are many others who take time between points.......

i don't blame them at all......the game has become physical and most rallies don't end in one or two shots like in the 90s.......the average rally length was 8 shots in that AO final......just imagine what impact it has on the body.......

if every rule was followed so harshly, such great grandslam finals and great tennis over a season wouldn't be possible.......

if you call nadal a cheat, what shall we call federer for throwing f**k words at the umpire, breaking rackets and whining every time on the challenge system? was he ever given a warning on the court? how is he allowed to "violate" rules then?

what shall we call all those who glance at their box before deciding whether to challenge or not? did any umpire ever object that?

the fact is that umpires are taught to be lenient towards players, particularly top players because the ATP and ITF have f**ked their bodies with surface homogenization and other nonsense.......top players are the revenue generators for them, so they are allowed to get away with the so called "cheating".......be it nadal, fed or djoko, they are all allowed additional privileges if you want to see it that way.......that is because they are the revenue generators for the money obsessed s**thouse called ATP.......

Any of those folks you mentioned who break the rules are cheating. 
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 07:07:36 AM »
Nadal is not cheating, umpires must enforce the rule, if they don't its not Nadal's fault... So, to call Nadal a cheat because of it its nuts.

Now, as for your post? What does complaining about the challenge system should be call cheating? Or breaking up your raquet (once,) in the last 6 years?? Or talking to the umpires? That's ridiculous too, and for looking at the box before challenging the call?? Rafa does that a lot... Why comment on that?

Just getting foolish arguments will get you no where, feeling pressured much?? :)

One thing I do have to say is that I really don't like the on court coaching Nadal receives, and that happens more than I would like to see.

Just because a rule is not enforced doesn't mean it isn't being broken. 

Men of honor don't do such things.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: Nadal resigns from ATP Player Council
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »

Just because a rule is not enforced doesn't mean it isn't being broken. 

Men of honor don't do such things.

Agree, but to call that cheating is pushing it a bit don't you think.... I hate it when Nadal takes up to 40 seconds between points (GS), but he is not literally cheating.. I would really love to see umpires enforce the rule, don't get me wrong, but for me it is not cheating, he is not a gentleman with honor either.

Cheating is receiving on court coaching.... That is cheating

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »
I don't see the difference Mav.
It affects the match.
He uses it to stop opponents momentum.
And, it is the rule.
What other rules shall we allow players to break at will just because they have Star Power?
I say none.

It would certainly be interesting to hear what the facts are regarding this issue as it relates to his resignation from the council.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 01:25:06 AM »
Two things make me don't support Nadal in this case are two-year ranking and Uncle Toni.

Two-year ranking does not make any sense for young people who are trying to improve ranking at their early career. Two year ranking makes thing tougher for young players and favour players who already in the tour for years. Why? Young players play from zero (nothing). Yes, it relax competition for players already in tour, but it make new players take longer time to improve their ranking. I believe it will push much more pressure on these young players when it comes finance, life, training...etc. Because in tennis world, you cannot get enough sponsors to provide sufficient financial support if your cannot climb your ranking. That is rule of tennis or say the rule for every sport. Situations just get tougher for young player in 2 year ranking.

In other hand for many tennis fan, two year ranking reduces enjoy of watching tennis. Every year is new season for tennis fans, people are enjoying the competition developed by current ranking system. Can he do it again this year? Who will be the one come out this year? 

Uncle Toni is really annoying personnel for me. Please don't give advice to your nephew when he is in difficulty condition. For example, tell him where he should stand when his opponent serving, tell him what he needs to do. In sport competition, fair compeition is sacred and inviolable rule.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 08:10:31 AM »
Amen to that William.
No coaching!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Players have to show some respect for the game over personal gain.

It's one thing to bend the rules unintentionally and another to help your own cause as the reason.

Each incident may be explained away for Nadal but taking them together a pattern becomes apparent, he should have some kind of self regulating guilt about the matter.

Offline mikey11

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
Umpires will only give "Warning" on time violation when a player exceeds the alloted time before serving too often. That's the official ATP rule. Umpires are not oblige to give warning for each and every time violation. And I think Nadal have taken this rule to heart. He has become an expert in it, he do time violations just enough for it to be overlooked by the umpire (at least most of the time - Nadal do sometimes, perhaps more often than others, receive Time Violation Warning).

Umpires for most of the time are able to do their job correctly. Let's not be too harsh on them.

I don't, however, have an explation of uncle Toni's hideous behaviour of coaching Nadal during match play.

Offline Mertov

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
Umpires will only give "Warning" on time violation when a player exceeds the alloted time before serving too often. That's the official ATP rule.

Hi Mikey,

There is no "too often" clause on the rule.  Maybe you meant the "unofficial" rule?  Because the official rule is anything but that.

25 seconds is clearly set officially by the ATP as the time not to be exceeded from "the moment the ball goes out of play until the time the ball is struck for the next point".  Then it follows it up with "Assess time violation or code violation if the ball is not struck for the next point within the twenty-five (25) seconds allowed."

If the 25 seconds is exceedeed even one time, there is nothing in the rules that stops the umpire from giving a justified time violation. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 05:49:55 AM »
That's what I thought Mert.

Perhaps Mikey has inside knowledge of guidelines issued by the ATP to umpires as to how to implement the rules for the sports cash cows.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Nadal doesn't need to be on the council, he needs to be working on his game without distractions.

He gave his input and he can still give his opinions, it's not like anything will change right away anyways.

Many of the decisions has to do with marketing and making money, sacrifices have to be made and at times it won't favor the player like in any business.  :dunno:

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
with all respect to Nadal and his fans, his idea of 2 year ranking is the most retarded thing ever.... simply stupid.  :confused1:

I agree,2 years is retarded & stupid.

I too.