Author Topic: Opinions & suggestions about my app for android  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Tennis Remote Score

• New Poster
    • Tennis Remote Score
Opinions & suggestions about my app for android
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:12:09 AM »

Hi guys,

I need some feedback about mi app for android phones (Tennis Remote Score)

I think that is a new approach for tennis scoring on court, but I'm not sure if people will use, what's wrong?, what's OK?

I uploaded the app on Android market but I'm not having too much responses of people that are downloading it.

The idea is easy, a phone connected to a speaker, and players with small remote devices scoring his own points.

When I have permission for it I will leave you a short video of my son an daughter testing it.  youtu.be/3c5t5iK7ebE

Thanks a lot!!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Opinions & suggestions about my app for android
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:05:37 PM »
So here are my questions:

• Would both players need an Android to work it?
  • Would both players have to purchase the device?
  • Would that speaker bother the other players on the neighboring courts?
  • How easily can you correct the score if a player pushes the button by accident or twice in a row when they did not really win 2 points?
  • How easily can they knock the device off of their clothing?
I think all in all it is an interesting idea, but not one that would be used often.  Especially indoor tennis courts where it can already be hard to hear.  The level of tennis at our club, above and below me all do a good job with keeping the score.  There are always times when someone might lose track but typically they replay the points verbally and come to an agreement.  I think that a device that keeps score for you would still have the same issues come up.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tennis Remote Score

• New Poster
    • Tennis Remote Score
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »
    I will try to answer between lines.

So here are my questions:

• Would both players need an Android to work it?

NO, only one phone is needed.

• Would both players have to purchase the device?

The App runs on the phone and one or two bluetooth devices could be used to score points, if two devices used every player score his own poits, if only one remote device is used, one click for own points and two clicks for opponent points.

• Would that speaker bother the other players on the neighboring courts?

Well, I'm interested in this answer too. Until the moment, nobody blames on it, the people seems interested and ask about how it works. You can set the volume level to avoid to disturb neighbourgs

• How easily can you correct the score if a player pushes the button by accident or twice in a row when they did not really win 2 points?

Yes, you can correct the score from remote in the full version

• How easily can they knock the device off of their clothing?

Well, there are belt devices and clip devices, and some bluetooth devices could be placed on the buttonhole.

[/list]I think all in all it is an interesting idea, but not one that would be used often.  Especially indoor tennis courts where it can already be hard to hear.  The level of tennis at our club, above and below me all do a good job with keeping the score.  There are always times when someone might lose track but typically they replay the points verbally and come to an agreement.  I think that a device that keeps score for you would still have the same issues come up.

Thanks Tennis4you

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:04:11 AM by Tennis Remote Score »

Offline jb08668

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:25:47 AM »
Did anyone test this app on android?