Author Topic: ATP - Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - 14-22 April 2012  (Read 12112 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: ATP - Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - 14-22 April 2012
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
Really shocked by Berdy beating Murray.  :scared:

Me too. Murray is much better than Berdych, would be a very good semi-final between Djokovic vs Murray. Now the final between Nadal vs Djokovic is almost certain.

Yes, there's a lot on the line here.

Yes, Murray is a good player, but he isn't a top player.

Correcto mundo,       Sir.   :))

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
Really shocked by Berdy beating Murray.  :scared:

Me too. Murray is much better than Berdych, would be a very good semi-final between Djokovic vs Murray. Now the final between Nadal vs Djokovic is almost certain.

Yes, there's a lot on the line here.

Yes, Murray is a good player, but he isn't a top player.

Correcto mundo,       Sir.   :))

Yes, Murray needs to improve his emotional to reach the top.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
Tsonga out to Simon?  Murray out to Birdman?  Next it will be Baker out to Babs!

With that tube up your urethra, I might have half a chance.

They took that out this morning.  Probably one of the worst 90 seconds of my life...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »
Berdych 6-4

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
Djokovic won, now he probably will face Nadal in the final.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2012, 09:08:49 AM »
good win for Novak. horrible windy conditions. it was painful to watch this match. Bravo Nole.

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
good win for Novak. horrible windy conditions. it was painful to watch this match. Bravo Nole.

Now I think and hope he will beat Nadal.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »
s**t conditions today for tennis.......if it's going to be the same tomorrow, expect another s**t match.......

i don't think nadal's really worried about losing.......he will just try his heart out there and see what progresses.......i think he will grind this out in 3.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
i also think nadal needs to learn from berdych........berdman just kept solid depth and that clearly troubled novak.......like i said a million times already, going for angles would not work against novak who will chase down everything.......hitting consistently deep and keeping him honest and those shot slices is the trick behind beating novak.......

rafa also needs to ditch this garbage 'head heavy' racket and change back to his old frame.......he made the change to heavier head with the intention of flattening out more balls but he is ending up doing a bit of both - topspin and flat shots.......i don't think that's the way to go......

he should just get that old lighter frame back and start striking deep forehands and backhands again.......once he is in the zone, he can normally flatten the shots like he used to in the past.......
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:03:27 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
I don't know shank. I think it is going to be a close match 50/50. Novak wants this title for his grandpa. If he doesn't win, still not a big deal, he just gained extra 600 points. On the other hand, Nadal has everything to lose if he loses tomorrow. He will be mentally devastated. It will be a huge blow. I was surprised that almost 70% of people on MTF voted for Djokovic to win. Let's hope for a good match and God please NO WIND.  :).

I read on another board that if Nadal loses tomorrow, Fed will overtake #2. I'm too lazy to do the math. Is this true?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »
i am not bothered about the ranking at all, alex.......no.2 or no.3 doesn't really make any difference to nadal........it's all about roland garros and wimbledon now and he needs to overcome djokovic anyway.......

djokovic would have wanted to win this tournament anyway........he entered the event with a mission of taking away from nadal a little more, when his grandpa was still alive.......so i don't really think that changes now all that much.......

i still stand by my earlier say and suggest that djokovic may have just let nadal into the rivalry through this horrendous miscalculation and greediness.......he could just have let nadal take this and then target rome and madrid........nadal knows how to play on court centrale of montecarlo better than anybody that ever stepped there.......so it's not going to be easy for novak at all.......

on the other side if nadal keeps making an idiot out of himself trying to avoid the backhand, then you might celebrate once more tomorrow.......

he should not look to escape backhands like a coward, he MUST be prepared to hit backhands........who knows he will eventually find that rhythm and starts to find his touch with the backhand again? leaving the whole ground open by running around his BH, i am tired of that s**t play over and over.......s**t, even against simon he was terrified to hit backhands........

he does not need to do anything special........he first needs to stop pissing his pants at the prospect of hitting a backhand and just put the ball back deep with the backhand at any pace, even at 60 kmph.......he just needs to maintain decent depth somehow.......

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2012, 12:33:34 PM »
I don't know shank. I think it is going to be a close match 50/50. Novak wants this title for his grandpa. If he doesn't win, still not a big deal, he just gained extra 600 points. On the other hand, Nadal has everything to lose if he loses tomorrow. He will be mentally devastated. It will be a huge blow. I was surprised that almost 70% of people on MTF voted for Djokovic to win. Let's hope for a good match and God please NO WIND.  :).

I read on another board that if Nadal loses tomorrow, Fed will overtake #2. I'm too lazy to do the math. Is this true?

It is not true. Nole is the favorite, but Nadal can win the game. I hope that Djokovic win, and he is more likely that Nadal, but the game has not yet been defined.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »
Shank, I agree with you, rankings don't really matter when it comes to top 3 guys (although it is important that Nadal is ranked #2 for RG), I was just curious. I respect your passion for Nadal. He is a great guy.  I don't think Djokovic is greedy, he just does his job. I said earlier that I wasn't sure why Novak even entered MC (he has a very healthy lead over Nadal and Fed). maybe to make up lost points from IW and Dubai (which he did already by being in the final of MC).

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »
Shank, I agree with you, rankings don't really matter when it comes to top 3 guys (although it is important that Nadal is ranked #2 for RG), I was just curious. I respect your passion for Nadal. He is a great guy.  I don't think Djokovic is greedy, he just does his job. I said earlier that I wasn't sure why Novak even entered MC (he has a very healthy lead over Nadal and Fed). maybe to make up lost points from IW and Dubai (which he did already by being in the final of MC).

I also agree, as Nadal defends 1,000 points in Monte Carlo, Djokovic does not defend anything.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2012, 01:14:32 PM »
Saturday, 21 April 2012

Singles - Semi-finals

[1] Nobak Djokovic (SRB) d [6] Tomas Berdych (CZE) 46 63 62 in 2h42'
[2] Rafael  Nadal (ESP) d [9] Gilles Simon (FRA) 63 64 in 1H50'

Doubles - Semi-finals
[1] Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) d Marcel Granollers (ESP) / Marc Lopez (ESP) 64 76(5) in 1h36'
[2] M Mirnyi (BLR) / D Nestor (CAN) d [3] M Llodra (FRA) / N Zimonjic (SRB) 46 64 10-5 in 1h20'

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:17:18 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
Sunday, April 22, 2012, OOP

Court Central Start 2:00 pm

[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) v [2] Rafael Nadal (ESP)
[1] Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) v [2] Max Mirnyi (BLR) / Daniel Nestor (CAN)

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
Sunday, April 22, 2012, OOP

Court Central Start 2:00 pm

[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) v [2] Rafael Nadal (ESP)
[1] Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) v [2] Max Mirnyi (BLR) / Daniel Nestor (CAN)
It will be a fantastic final, the two have a chance to win. Djokovic is the favorite, but can also Nadal win.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »
Alex, MC points have already come off, no? That's due to this being an Olympic year, so the schedule was bumped a week forward. 
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Well here's the final we were all looking forward to. I think Djokovic's best can comfortably handle Nadal's best but based on recent form, Djokovic's last two matches having been won from a set down and whatever mental stress he's had to endure because of his grandfather's passing away, I'd give Nadal the edge. Nadal has been broken just twice this tournament if I'm not wrong and overall has played pretty consistently.

Of course no idea what's going to happen tomorrow, if Djokovic comes out on fire and stays strong I expect him to sweep Nadal in straights.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
Alex, MC points have already come off, no? That's due to this being an Olympic year, so the schedule was bumped a week forward.
Babs, I didn't know that... I don't pay too  much attention on rankings lately. Regardless, Djokovic didn't play last year so he is gaining 600 points and if he wins tomorrow 1000 points. not bad.