Author Topic: ATP - Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - 14-22 April 2012  (Read 12142 times)

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
Re: ATP - Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - 14-22 April 2012
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
Alex, MC points have already come off, no? That's due to this being an Olympic year, so the schedule was bumped a week forward.
Babs, I didn't know that... I don't pay too  much attention on rankings lately. Regardless, Djokovic didn't play last year so he is gaining 600 points and if he wins tomorrow 1000 points. not bad.

Djokovic will open many advantages over Nadal in the rankings, especially if he wins tomorrow.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2012, 06:55:59 PM »
Could not ask for a better final, at least on paper.  Hopefully a good one!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
Could not ask for a better final, at least on paper.  Hopefully a good one!

To be sure, are the two best in the world.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
Well here's the final we were all looking forward to. I think Djokovic's best can comfortably handle Nadal's best but based on recent form, Djokovic's last two matches having been won from a set down and whatever mental stress he's had to endure because of his grandfather's passing away, I'd give Nadal the edge. Nadal has been broken just twice this tournament if I'm not wrong and overall has played pretty consistently.

Of course no idea what's going to happen tomorrow, if Djokovic comes out on fire and stays strong I expect him to sweep Nadal in straights.

Rafa's won MC 7 straight times he's played and Nole's beaten Rafa their last 7 meetings!

This is a real intriguing dynamic!!!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2012, 09:50:07 PM »
Well here's the final we were all looking forward to. I think Djokovic's best can comfortably handle Nadal's best but based on recent form, Djokovic's last two matches having been won from a set down and whatever mental stress he's had to endure because of his grandfather's passing away, I'd give Nadal the edge. Nadal has been broken just twice this tournament if I'm not wrong and overall has played pretty consistently.

Of course no idea what's going to happen tomorrow, if Djokovic comes out on fire and stays strong I expect him to sweep Nadal in straights.

Rafa's won MC 7 straight times he's played and Nole's beaten Rafa their last 7 meetings!

So tough to bet against Rafa on the clay.  Although Nole has had Rafa's number lately, I will be surprised if Nole can take the title.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »

So tough to bet against Rafa on the clay.  Although Nole has had Rafa's number lately, I will be surprised if Nole can take the title.

Exciting match every  one is looking forward to. Rafa has to be the favorite, but the only one whose game matches up well with his Djokovic. should be a great final!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »

Greetings from Monte Carlo  :))

Yesterday's match between Nadal and Simon was a highlight of the tournament.

Nole has not been playing all that well here and all are hoping for a competitive
final this afternoon.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »
i am hoping to see another epic battle between the top 2 seeds..maybe like the 2009 madrid SF..
i'd be really disappointed if it turns out to be a lame two setter match like 6-2..6-3.. :\

i hope nole wins it !! :)

I read on another board that if Nadal loses tomorrow, Fed will overtake #2. I'm too lazy to do the math. Is this true?
maybe i could be wrong..but, i don't think thats true..coz even if nadal losses today,
fed didn't defend his points of last year's QF run.

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2012, 04:55:55 AM »
i am hoping to see another epic battle between the top 2 seeds..maybe like the 2009 madrid SF..
i'd be really disappointed if it turns out to be a lame two setter match like 6-2..6-3.. :\

i hope nole wins it !! :)

I read on another board that if Nadal loses tomorrow, Fed will overtake #2. I'm too lazy to do the math. Is this true?
maybe i could be wrong..but, i don't think thats true..coz even if nadal losses today,
fed didn't defend his points of last year's QF run.

I hope the same.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2012, 07:52:53 AM »
Nadal 6-3

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
Nadal wins. Congratulations Nadal.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
Congrats to Nadal. Nole was kinda lost. well, it's a good thing in a way... Nadal needed this win more than Novak. btw, Nole played sh!t tennis today. anyway, I don't want to take anything away from Nadal.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
Congratulations to Nadal on his 8th MC title.  Well done to him for making an excellent start to his clay court campaign.   

That said, this was not a well contested match, with Djokovic looking subdued and just going through the motions. He is a great Champion and requires no excuses, but this was a tough week for him & he still made it to the final and did what he could.  Bravo to him.

Onwards to the next one - is it Madrid? 

Carpe Diem

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:42 AM »
Congrats to Nadal. Nole was kinda lost. well, it's a good thing in a way... Nadal needed this win more than Novak. btw, Nole played sh!t tennis today. anyway, I don't want to take anything away from Nadal.

I do not. Everyone knew this would happen some time, it is impossible to win everything forever.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:21 AM »
Congratulations to Nadal on his 8th MC title.  Well done to him for making an excellent start to his clay court campaign.   

That said, this was not a well contested match, with Djokovic looking subdued and just going through the motions. He is a great Champion and requires no excuses, but this was a tough week for him & he still made it to the final and did what he could.  Bravo to him.

Onwards to the next one - is it Madrid?

No, it is Barcelona.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »
Nadal finally wins one against Djokovic and increases his H2H to 17-14.
Terrible play by Djokovic though and not too much fight.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »

I was thinking Epic. What we got was a turd. Happy to have slept through it.

On the other hand, I'm glad Rafa won so that we have a race again. This doesn't mean Nole can't accomplish great things yet again, but it does signal that Rafa is going to push him to do just that, or push him aside.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
didn't see it but it does seem like Nole was affected by his grandfather's passing. I can see how that would affect his game.

Yay for Nadal, tho!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:13 AM »
very disappointed at the way the match turned out to be..:(

congrats to nadal for defending his MC title yet again !! 8th time. :lmao:

next stop :
for novak : Belgrade
for Rafa:  Barcelona
for federer : Madrid :Confused:
for Murray : Barcelona
for tsonga : Munich
for roddick : Madrid.
for delpotro : estoril
for others : who cares ? :whistle: :)~
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »
i said it yesterday, i said it even 2 weeks ago when the serbian confirmed his participation in montecarlo.......and i am saying it again today - djokovic has opened the door for the greatest fighter in the history of tennis.......i don't care what mental state he was in coming into this final, he should never have played this tournament and this decision is going to make him pay big time.......nadal was never going to allow him a sniff here particularly in this court which suits his amazing clay court tennis.......

this is the match, the final, the title and most importantly the long awaited victory in such a convincing fashion against his nemesis in 2011 which will give rafa immense confidence going forward.......

a few things which are getting lost in all this talk of how low djokovic was on mental strength or how focused nadal was.......but the reality was this,

1. nadal's inside out forehands were working.......some brilliant hitting catching nole off guard.......

2. he kept targeting novak's forehand, that's how he beat novak in matches pre-2011......

3. he served well, once again about 70% of the serves directed to novak's forehand.......

djokovic realized by the end of first set how monstrous the task was today.......he was realistic, skipped the fight and just let nadal take it.......this is the kind of match and the kind of convincing win that rafa needed.......he is back!   
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS