Author Topic: ATP - Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - 14-22 April 2012  (Read 10029 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters - 14-22 April 2012
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
nadal will play differently from now........watch him play freely with no hesitation on any shot.......i think even his backhand will return now........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »
Nadal finally wins one against Djokovic and increases his H2H to 17-14.
Terrible play by Djokovic though and not too much fight.

Yes, Djokovic´s terrible play, he did 25 unforced errors.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
Only 25 errors on clay?  I can throw down about 100...

Congrats to Nadal!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
Sunday, 22 April 2012

Singles - Final

[2] Rafael Nadal (ESP) d [1] Novak Djokovic 63 61 in 1h18'
8th title in Montecarlo!!!! 20th Masters Series title!

Doubles - Final
[1] Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) d. [2] Max Mirnyi (BLR) / Daniel Nestor (CAN) 62 63 in 57'
3rd title in Montecarlo!! 20th Masters Series title!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:10:30 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
Only 25 errors on clay?  I can throw down about 100...

Congrats to Nadal!

Yes, congrats to Nadal. I too can down about 100 unforced errors.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
Good win for Rafa! Should do his confidence some good!! Good tournament for Novak, even if the result today was a tad bit one-sided.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »
Ha ha!

The cynic in Dallas was right again!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
Good win for Rafa! Should do his confidence some good!! Good tournament for Novak, even if the result today was a tad bit one-sided.

Yes, Novak did not play your best tennis, but Nadal was very good.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
Ha ha!

The cynic in Dallas was right again!

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

So Rafa fans....what happened to Nadal's knees? 

Seriously though.  I didn't see the match but have it on tape (is it even worth watching?).  But Nadal needed this win more than Novak (in my opinion).  Can't say what it will mean the rest of the year though.  Nadal has won this title forever and yet even last year he won the French Open and nothing else for the rest of the year.  So...let's just see how the rest of the year for Nadal goes (or for his knees) :innocent:

Congrats to Nadal for this amazing winning streak in Monte Carlo...and congrats to the Nadal fans here.  It has been a while since he won a title.  Now you guys can celebrate!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »
Watch the first set and Djokovic game was out of wack!  He missed alot of points with errors!  Go for Rafa; 8 times in a row when he play; he won!  Not bad track record for him.  For most players; if they can win 8 matches straight it would be something to go crazy to achieve but 8 tournaments straight wins is something else completely unheard of!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2012, 07:52:33 AM »
shank, Djokovic was simply not there (I'm not sure if it's his form or his grandpa... but I'm not looking for excuses, Rafa was great today and again Nole didn't show up). Nadal is Nadal, playing his usual game. Again, congrats to Nadal, he needed this win really bad. I don't even know how Nole made it to the final to be honest with you. On the big scale, this doesn't mean too much. Yes, I do want to see some competitive tennis. Djokovic just increased his lead over Nadal and Fed. not a shame to lose to Nadal at MC. It's all good.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2012, 09:37:50 AM »
Here in London Airport on the way back home.

Yes, it was a disappointing final but there are two things to remember.

1. Nadal was playing very very well at Monte Carlo. The previous days match with Simon was one of the best I've seen; far better than the final. Simon would have won against anybody less than the King of Clay. Note that he beat Tsonga without much trouble on the Friday. I enjoyed watching all the clay-sliding.

2. As people know I am no big fan of Andy Roddick but Andy said after a recent defeat that there were no excuses. When you go on court you are declaring you are fit (mentally and physically) and are going to give it your best. In the semi, both Djokovic and Berdych came on to court with some obvious emotional baggage. In that match, Nole played terribly in the first set but upped his game, serve, forehand and all and won the next two sets. The line then was "I triumphed in spite of all my sadness during this last week." You can't have it both ways.

Yes, I'm a bit grumpy after what could have been a great final. It would have been better if it had been best of five. Finals are often disappointing. At Cincy last year, Djokovic retired giving it Murray. At the AO 2011, Murray played great in the semi but terribly in the final. But there are great ones too. One of my best was Fish-Federer at Cincy in 2010 when Fish, then on his late blooming rise, won the first set and Fed decided it was time to do something about it!

Did not write much from Monte Carlo because my hotel was charging 20 euros a day for internet access. It is an expensive place. But I really enjoyed being there. I met up with Mertov and family and the four of us had a couple of great dinners out on the town. We could try the more adventurous restaurants because Mert is so fluent in French that even I could not go wrong.

Looking forward to lifting a racquet again on Wednesday.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
shank, Djokovic was simply not there (I'm not sure if it's his form or his grandpa... but I'm not looking for excuses, Rafa was great today and again Nole didn't show up). Nadal is Nadal, playing his usual game. Again, congrats to Nadal, he needed this win really bad. I don't even know how Nole made it to the final to be honest with you. On the big scale, this doesn't mean too much. Yes, I do want to see some competitive tennis. Djokovic just increased his lead over Nadal and Fed. not a shame to lose to Nadal at MC. It's all good.
True, Djokovic did not play well, but Nadal seems to have returned to top form. Nadal is a great player, now the shoes will be very interesting.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »

it's surely not a shame to djoko but he opened the door for nadal........it's a confidence boosting win for nadal, just look at the scoreline.......

i think this whole "not mentally there" aspect is a little overblown, alex.......that sure did play some part but face it it was 3 days after that incident.......he had no problems overcoming an opponent like dolgo right on the day his grandpa died......he certainly had no problem overcoming an in-form berdych in the semifinal.......so there's really no reason to believe that he was oh so dejected to play the final......if he really was, he would have simply given a walkover to dolgo and just gone to serbia or would have lost to either dolgo or berdych.......the fact that he was able to dig deep and came through it only shows that he certainly could focus on the tournament.......i think he just decided to go away as soon as he saw how well rafa was playing, it was just not his day and he knew it.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »

it's surely not a shame to djoko but he opened the door for nadal........it's a confidence boosting win for nadal, just look at the scoreline.......

i think this whole "not mentally there" aspect is a little overblown, alex.......that sure did play some part but face it it was 3 days after that incident.......he had no problems overcoming an opponent like dolgo right on the day his grandpa died......he certainly had no problem overcoming an in-form berdych in the semifinal.......so there's really no reason to believe that he was oh so dejected to play the final......if he really was, he would have simply given a walkover to dolgo and just gone to serbia or would have lost to either dolgo or berdych.......the fact that he was able to dig deep and came through it only shows that he certainly could focus on the tournament.......i think he just decided to go away as soon as he saw how well rafa was playing, it was just not his day and he knew it.......
no Shank, no excuses at all. Nadal played a great match. Congrats to him. I was just kinda confused with certain aspects of Nole's game, but again it was a vintage Rafa. and to be honest with you, even as a Nole fan, I do believe it's good we should have some competition ... it's not fun when one player keeps winning against another one all the time... it might sound naive but that's really how I feel ... I don't care about the GOAT thing, I care about good tennis ...

I do feel sad, because I hoped for a competitive match, yet Djoko got trashed.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »

no Shank, no excuses at all. Nadal played a great match. Congrats to him. I was just kinda confused with certain aspects of Nole's game, but again it was a vintage Rafa. and to be honest with you, even as a Nole fan, I do believe it's good we should have some competition ... it's not fun when one player keeps winning against another one all the time... it might sound naive but that's really how I feel ... I don't care about the GOAT thing, I care about good tennis ...

I do feel sad, because I hoped for a competitive match, yet Djoko got trashed.

Yeah, but it was just a game. The next game between them is another story altogether.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »
concurred, competition is great for the game.......but it won't take too long for nadal to turn this clay season into a massive one man show yet again.......he looked really good in montecarlo........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
concurred, competition is great for the game.......but it won't take too long for nadal to turn this clay season into a massive one man show yet again.......he looked really good in montecarlo........
yeah, he looked good but look at the ranking list ... Djokovic is 4000 points ahead of Nadal  :)~, sorry bud