Author Topic: Capriati Elected Into Tennis Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1104 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Capriati Elected Into Tennis Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
here we go! my favorite tennis memory! the young teeanger who became the queen of city during the summer olympics!

feels like today
Jennifer Capriati - Feels like today

beginning of video, one of 5 fav. tennis moments.

one of my all time favorite topics created ever for sure!!

true colours
Jennifer Capriati - True colors

Congrats Jennifer! so unique!!! the best comeback in tennis history!!! the barcelona golden girl!!!

smile
Jennifer Capriati's Smile

NEWPORT, RI, USA - Jennifer Capriati has been elected to receive the highest honor in tennis: induction to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Capriati's career included three Grand Slam titles and reaching World No.1.

"I am thrilled to learn that I have been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame," Capriati commented. "This is a dream come true and an extraordinary tribute. I love this game and am incredibly honored by the Hall of Fame's vote. Tennis has been my passion and dedication for my entire life, and to be acknowledged for this passion and dedication is truly icing on the cake.

"Finally, to all of my fans: You mean so much to me. I am, and have always been, blessed beyond words by your support both during and after my playing days. You unquestionably made this game so memorable for me and I miss you all so much. I can't wait to go to Newport to express my sincere appreciation to my fans, and celebrate with them, my family, my coaches, and everyone in the tennis community. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

"I truly feel humbled to be a part of history and am honored to be considered among the greatest of all time."

Capriati has been elected to the Hall of Fame in the Recent Player Category, and she is the final member of the Hall of Fame Class of 2012 to be announced. The previously announced members are former World No.1 Gustavo Kuerten; Spanish tennis legend Manuel Orantes; tennis administrator and promoter Mike Davies; and wheelchair tennis star Randy Snow, who will be honored posthumously. The Class of 2012 Induction Ceremony will be held on July 14, 2012 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island.

"Jennifer Capriati had one of the most accomplished and exciting tennis careers in recent years, and she is most deserving of the honor of Hall of Fame election. We look forward to celebrating this achievement with her and her fans," said Christopher E. Clouser, chairman of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

"We are delighted to hear Jennifer has been elected to the Hall of Fame," said WTA Chairman & CEO Stacey Allaster. "She indeed is one of our greatest players, known for her remarkable success and powerful style of play. Jennifer worked hard and fought hard. Congratulations to her on an honor well deserved."

Capriati made a splash in her first season on the WTA in 1990, reaching the finals of two of her first three pro events and the semifinals of the French Open, and later winning her first title in Puerto Rico. She ended the year in the Top 10.

The early 1990s would see her win five more WTA titles, most notably the gold medal at the Barcelona Olympics in 1992, beating the two favorites along the way - Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario and Steffi Graf. And in the late 1990s she began what would become a resurgence that would make headlines around the world, bringing her three Grand Slam titles - the Australian Open and French Open in 2001, and a title defense at the Australian Open in 2002 - as well as the World No.1 ranking, which she held for a total of 18 weeks.

In the 2002 Australian Open final, Capriati battled extreme conditions, came back from 64 40 down and saved four match points to beat Martina Hingis, 46 76(7) 62. The match is regarded as one of the greatest comebacks ever and named one of the 10 best matches of the decade by Tennis Magazine. It also earned her the 2002 ESPY Award for Comeback Player of the Year.

Capriati's last season on the WTA was 2004. She finished with a career record of 430-176, 14 singles titles and one doubles title (with Monica Seles).

When you're gone
Jennifer Capriati - When you're gone
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Capriati Elected Into Tennis Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
1992 Barcelona Olympics Gold Medal final (Capriati D. Graf)

1992 Barcelona Olympics Gold Medal final (Capriati D. Graf)

higlights

Capriati's Olympic gold - Barcelona 1992

gold medal presentation

Steffi Graf vs Jennifer Capriati - Barcelona 1992 (Final) - 9/9

Jennifer Capriati - 2001 Australian Open tribute

Jennifer Capriati - 2001 Australian Open tribute

2001 Australian Open final (Capriati D. Hingis)

2001 Australian Open final (Capriati D. Hingis)

Jennifer Capriati - 2001 Roland Garros tribute

Jennifer Capriati - 2001 Roland Garros tribute

Jennifer Capriati - 2002 Australian Open tribute

Jennifer Capriati - 2002 Australian Open tribute

2002 Australian Open final (Capriati D. Hingis)

2002 Australian Open final (Capriati D. Hingis)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
1991 Toronto final (Capriati D. K.Maleeva)

1991 Toronto final (Capriati D. K.Maleeva) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

1991 San Diego final (Capriati D. Seles)

1991 San Diego final (Capriati D. Seles) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

1992 San Diego final (Capriati D. Martinez)

1992 San Diego final (Capriati D. Martinez) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

1993 Sydney final (Capriati D Huber)

1993 Sydney final (Capriati D Huber) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

2001 Charleston final (Capriati D. Hingis)

2001 Charleston final (Capriati D. Hingis) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
concheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeta, to me you returning to this forum is more important than the subject in this topic......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »
thank you so much for your very kind words!!!  :) Start Da Game!! :)

....but this topic is a tribute to Capriati, let's hope some members share their memories of the new HOFer!!!  ://:)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
Capriati elected to Tennis Hall of Fame :cool:

Former world No. 1 Jennifer Capriati has been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame, the Newport, R.I.-based Hall announced today. A three-time Grand Slam champion, Capriati won the Olympic gold medal, a Fed Cup title with the United States team, and staged a stirring comeback to reach the No. 1 ranking after personal issues, including a pair of arrests, drove her away from the game. Capriati cracked the Top 10 in 1990, her first season on tour, and in October 2001 she became world No. 1, a position she held for a total of 18 weeks.

"This is a dream come true and an extraordinary tribute. I love this game and am incredibly honored by the Hall of Fame's vote," Capriati said. "Tennis has been my passion and dedication for my entire life, and to be acknowledged for this passion and dedication is truly icing on the cake. I truly feel humbled to be a part of history and am honored to be considered among the greatest of all time."

The 36-year-old Capriati joins fellow former French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten as the two inductees in the Recent Player Category. Capriati and Kuerten both won French Open singles titles in 2001. She is the final member of the Hall of Fame Class of 2012 to be announced. Spanish tennis legend Manuel Orantes; tennis administrator and promoter Mike Davies; and wheelchair tennis star Randy Snow, who will be honored posthumously, round out the Class of 2012. The induction ceremony will be held on July 14, 2012 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island.

A tennis prodigy, Capriati was born in New York City and moved to Florida where she was raised. At age 14, Capriati stormed to the 1990 French Open semifinals. At the 1991 U.S. Open, the seventh-ranked Capriati and second-ranked Monica Seles staged a classic semifinal with Seles fighting back for a 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (3) victory in a match that signaled the start of a new baseline power era in women's tennis. In 1992, she shocked Steffi Graf on clay at the Barcelona Olympics to win the gold medal.  Capriati became the poster girl for tennis burn-out after a 1993 arrest for shoplifting at a Florida mall followed by a 1994 arrest for marijuana possession. Her mug shot from that arrest was plastered across American sports pages.

Personal issues and a growing indifference toward the game and its accompanying fame, caused her to drift away from tennis from 1994-95 and again from 1997-98. Capriati staged one of the most memorable career comebacks of the Open Era. At the 2001 Australian Open, Capriati defeated world No. 1 Martina Hingis in straight sets to win her first Grand Slam title. Having entered the tournament seeded No. 12, she was the lowest seed to ever win the title, a record that still stands. Seeded fourth at the French Open, Capriati beat No. 1 seed Hingis in the semifinals and rallied for a 1-6, 6-4, 12-10 triumph over No. 12 seed Kim Clijsters to claim her second straight major — 11 years after her captivating Roland Garros semifinal run at 14. Capriati was halfway to the Grand Slam in 2001, and finished that year as the only woman to reach at least the semifinals of all four Grand Slam tournaments. She bested Hingis again for the 2002 Australian title.

Capriati, who never formally announced her retirement, stopped playing at the end of the 2004 season due to an assortment of injuries, but primarily a shoulder injury. She is still unable to serve. She compiled a career record of 430-176, won 14 career singles titles and one doubles title
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:49:09 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Jennifer Capriati makes tennis Hall

Jennifer Capriati went from teen prodigy to off-court troubles to Grand Slam champion.

Now she's headed to the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

Capriati's election was announced Friday, joining a 2012 class that includes Gustavo Kuerten, Manuel Orantes, Randy Snow and Mike Davies.

"Tennis has been my passion and dedication for my entire life, and to be acknowledged for this passion and dedication is truly icing on the cake," said the 36-year-old Capriati. "Finally, to all of my fans: You mean so much to me. I am, and have always been, blessed beyond words by your support both during and after my playing days. You unquestionably made this game so memorable for me and I miss you all so much."

Jennifer Capriati enters the Hall of Fame with a 430-176 career record, including back-to-back wins at the Australian Open and a gold medal.

With a power-based game and competitive fire, Capriati won the Australian Open in 2001 and 2002. She won the French Open in 2001 and a gold medal at the 1992 Olympics. She also reached No. 1 in the WTA rankings.

"We are delighted to hear the news that Jennifer has been elected to the Hall of Fame. She indeed is one of our greatest players, known for her remarkable success and powerful style of play," WTA chairman and CEO Stacey Allaster said in a statement. "Jennifer worked hard and fought hard. Congratulations to her on an honor well deserved."

At 14, just out of eighth grade, Capriati reached the semifinals of the first Grand Slam tournament she played -- the 1990 French Open. Another 11 years would pass before she would take the next step, reaching a major final.

Drug and other problems sidetracked her, and Capriati temporarily dropped off the tour after the 1993 U.S. Open. She was arrested that year for shoplifting at a Florida mall, and again the next year for marijuana possession. She also spent time in drug rehabilitation in 1994.

After going more than two years without playing a competitive match, Capriati came back in April 1996. Two years later, her ranking dipped to No. 267.

But she really completed her comeback -- and reached heights long expected of her -- in 2001, when she was selected as The Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year. Seeded 12th at that year's Australian Open, Capriati beat past champions Monica Seles, Lindsay Davenport and Martina Hingis en route to the title and her first top-10 ranking in seven years.

She retired in 2004 with a career record of 430-176, including 14 singles titles.

The Hall of Fame induction ceremony is July 14.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »
Jennifer Capriati elected to International Tennis Hall of Fame  :cool:

American tennis star and former world No. 1 Jennifer Capriati has been elected to receive the highest honor in the sport of tennis– induction to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. In addition to her world No. 1 status, Capriati’s successful career featured an Olympic gold medal, three Grand Slam titles, a Fed Cup title with the United States team, and an ability to stage remarkable comebacks. Capriati cracked the world top-10 in 1990, her first season on tour, and in October 2001, she became the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) World No. 1, a position she held for a total of 18 weeks.

"I am thrilled to learn that I have been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. This is a dream come true and an extraordinary tribute. I love this game and am incredibly honored by the Hall of Fame's vote. Tennis has been my passion and dedication for my entire life, and to be acknowledged for this passion and dedication is truly icing on the cake,” said Capriati. “Finally, to all of my fans: You mean so much to me. I am, and have always been, blessed beyond words by your support both during and after my playing days. You unquestionably made this game so memorable for me and I miss you all so much. I can't wait to go to Newport to express my sincere appreciation to my fans, and celebrate with them, my family, my coaches, and everyone else in the tennis community. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I truly feel humbled to be a part of history and am honored to be considered among the greatest of all time."

Capriati has been elected to the Hall of Fame in the Recent Player Category, and she is the final member of the Hall of Fame Class of 2012 to be announced. The previously announced members of the Class of 2012 are former world No. 1, Brazilian tennis star Guga Kuerten; Spanish tennis legend Manuel Orantes; tennis administrator and promoter Mike Davies; and wheelchair tennis star Randy Snow, who will be honored posthumously. The Class of 2012 Induction Ceremony will be held on July 14, 2012 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island.

“Jennifer Capriati had one of the most accomplished and exciting tennis careers in recent years, and she is most deserving of the honor of Hall of Fame election. We look forward to celebrating this achievement with her and her fans,” said Christopher E. Clouser, chairman of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

Capriati, 36, is originally from New York, N.Y., but she has been a long-time resident of Tampa and West Palm Beach, Fla.

In her first season on the WTA, 1990, Capriati reached the finals of two of her first three pro events, losing to Hall of Famers Gabriela Sabatini and Martina Navratilova, and she advanced to the semifinals of the French Open before falling to eventual champion Monica Seles. She also captured her first career title in her first season on tour, defeating Zina Garrison at Puerto Rico.

In 1992, Capriati won the Olympic gold medal at the Barcelona games, defeating both the second-seeded Arantxa Sánchez-Vicario and the top-seeded Stefanie Graf. She was a member of the championship United States Fed Cup team in 2000.

Capriati took a break from tennis in 1994-95 and 1997-98, staging a successful comeback in the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons.

At the Australian Open in 2001, Capriati defeated top seed and world No. 1 Martina Hingis in straight sets to win her first Grand Slam title. Having entered the tournament seeded No. 12, she was the lowest seed to ever win the title, a record that still stands today. She then entered the French Open seeded No. 4, and defeated No.1 seed Hingis in the semifinals and No. 12 seed Kim Clijsters in the final to win her second consecutive Grand Slam title. She was the only player that year to reach at least the semifinals of all four of the Grand Slam tournaments.

In 2002, Capriati advanced to her second consecutive Australian Open final, this time as No. 1 seed. Once again facing Hingis, Capriati fought back from 6–4, 4–0 down and saved four championship points, in brutally hot weather, to eventually prevail 4–6, 7–6(7), 6–2, to claim her third Grand Slam title. The match was widely regarded as one of the greatest comebacks in tennis history, and it was named one of the ten best matches of the decade by Tennis magazine. The dramatic match earned Capriati the 2002 ESPY Award for Comeback Player of the Year, for which the other nominees were Hockey Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux and Basketball Hall of Famer Michael Jordan. 
Capriati stopped playing at the end of the 2004 season, having compiled a career record of 430-176 and having won 14 career singles titles and 1 doubles title.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:47:58 PM by conchita »

Online Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »
I was never a fan of Capriati...but congrats to her for making the Hall of Fame.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »
I've never watched her play much, but she was a star....she never officially retired, did she? Anyway, great news for her!

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:18 PM »
Capriati was never my cup of tea. She was a very talented teenager, but also a troubled one. She was experimenting with drugs etc. However, congrats to her although Tennis Hall of Fame means very little to me. It's just one big parade ...

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »
Never was a fan but after her prolonged absence I missed her and her game. Too bad she was never able to come back to the game. 3 Slams and a Gold Medal and various titles. That's some nice results. And now HOF'er.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Capriati Inducted Into Tennis Hall Of Fame!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:33:23 PM »
Capriati Inducted Into Tennis Hall Of Fame

Three-time Grand Slam champion and former World No.1 Jennifer Capriati was given one of the greatest honors in tennis on Saturday, as she was inducted into the International Tennis Hall Of Fame in Newport.

All of the Class Of 2012 inductees got to choose someone to give their presentation speech, and Capriati chose fellow WTA legend Monica Seles.

"It's an important and happy day as we celebrate the new class of inductees, including my friend Jennifer Capriati," Seles said. "Jennifer and I grew up together. We were two teenagers on the tour thrown into this adult world, where the spotlight was so bright, the expectations and demands intense. While we competed fiercely against each other, we could also relate to one another. We shared a bond and great admiration and most importantly, mutual respect.

"From the moment she arrived on tour at the age of 13 she was a force. By the end of her first year, she had become the youngest player ever to finish ranked in the Top 10, at age 14. With her success and outgoing personality, she quickly became America's sweetheart. But this America's sweetheart could crush the ball. Trust me, I've been on the other end of them, and it was no fun. But I also got to experience it thankfully on the same side of the net when in Rome we won our only doubles title together. I wish we played more.

"As accomplished as Jennifer was at such a young age in 1992, at age 16 she won an Olympic gold medal for her country. It wasn't during her early years that she had her greatest success, though - it was years later, after staring down challenges on and off the court, when she showed what a champion she is.

"In a comeback for the ages, she would win all three of her Grand Slam titles and become No.1. Her force of will on a blistering day in Melbourne in 2002, when she found herself a set and 0-4 down in the finals of the Australian Open facing another great champion, Martina Hingis, she would fight off four match points to win her final Grand Slam title. As powerful as her groundstrokes were, it was her fight that was her greatest weapon. No matter what challenges were thrown Jennifer's way, she fought, she fought and she fought. More than her incredible records, more than the power game she helped pave the way for, that's her true legacy. It earned her more titles and fans than anything else. And today it earns her a place in the International Tennis Hall Of Fame."

Capriati teared up as she approached the podium to address the crowd.

"I knew this would happen," the iconic 36-year-old American said as she wiped her eyes. "Nobody told me the toughest part was holding back the tears!

"Monica, thank you from the bottom of my heart today for being here. That was beautiful. You are a friend, a great champion, and someone who inspired me as a great rival, an adversary on the court. I have always admired you for your relentless determination, your fight, and most importantly your character as a person. You truly are a class act and I'm honored to be introduced by you.

"I can't believe this day is here. I wasn't sure if it would ever come and if I would have the chance to take my place on center court again. It's been eight years too long. Honestly, I never thought I would get this opportunity to be back at a place where I have spent all my life, a place where I grew up, transformed and defined myself through. I've spent my life either being on a tennis court or missing the tennis court. It's humbling, it's gratifying, and it makes me so incredibly proud to be here today, celebrating this moment with you all.

"When I received the call from the Hall Of Fame that I was being nominated, the tears and emotions were just overwhelming. I left the game earlier than expected, earlier than I wanted to, and because of this I was not able to leave the game on my terms. I was not able to thank everyone who had such a positive impact on my life. I knew this honor would provide me with the platform to give thanks to those people, those who helped me, loved me, believed in me, supported me, and ultimately inspired me. I knew I would be able to pay tribute to a game I love and always think about. I would also be able to acknowledge and embrace what my blood, sweat, tears, determination and heart has brought me. I would be able to remember who I am again and give myself a voice again.

"It's really hard to describe all the amazing moments and experiences I've had in 36 years, what just seems like a few moments. I dreamed of tennis as a little girl. I dreamed of being the best. I have to say I achieved all my dreams and more. Even though my life took some twists and turns I didn't expect, I still managed to overcome adversity, win Grand Slams, pocket a gold medal, become No.1, and now stand at the podium of the Hall Of Fame.

"It hasn't been easy. I'm still learning. The transition and acceptances I've had to make have been some of the most difficult, and I've had to work hard on letting go, letting go of the fact there might not be any more comebacks. But I don't need to be on a tennis court to be a part of this game. I don't need to be on a tennis court to remember who I am. Tennis will be forever in my heart.

"I'd like to express how hard I fought to come back. It was a great struggle for me all these years, dealing with the injuries and accepting the fact I might not return to competition again. I worked extremely hard during my career on the court and equally as hard, if not harder, to come back. That's why this moment is so incredible on so many levels, because this is a return to the game I love."

At the end of her speech, Capriati thanked her family, those who supported her and lastly, her fans - which drew shouts of "We love you" from the crowd.

"I love you, too. You have always been in my corner and always believed in who I am. You, my fans, always knew I gave 100% every time I stepped on the court. I can only hope the next phase of my life will be as fulfilling as this last one."

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:34:48 PM by conchita »

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
"Hall Of Fame" is american concept and me as European :gleam: do not care (even UFC has hof :rofl_2: )

but
good for Capriati, i wasn't big fan until we have learned about drugs :)) ( not PEDs like some others we know :gleam: )

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
A couple of years ago I used to follow womens tennis much more closely than males tennis!

I remember the final between Capriati and Clijsters at Roland Garros very well. Capriati managed to win a hard fought match after a very intense tie break I, if I recall correctly.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »
A couple of years ago I used to follow womens tennis much more closely than males tennis!

I remember the final between Capriati and Clijsters at Roland Garros very well. Capriati managed to win a hard fought match after a very intense tie break I, if I recall correctly.

RG 2001, Capriati beat No. 1 seed Hingis in the semifinals and rallied for a 1-6, 6-4, 12-10 triumph over No. 12 seed Kim Clijsters to claim her second straight major — 11 years after her captivating Roland Garros semifinal run at 14.

AO 2002, she advanced to her second consecutive Australian Open final, this time as No. 1 seed. Once again facing Hingis, Capriati fought back from 6–4, 4–0 down and saved four championship points, in brutally hot weather, to eventually prevail 4–6, 7–6(7), 6–2, to claim her third Grand Slam title. The match was widely regarded as one of the greatest comebacks in tennis history, and it was named one of the ten best matches of the decade by Tennis magazine. The dramatic match earned Capriati the 2002 ESPY Award for Comeback Player of the Year, for which the other nominees were Hockey Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux and Basketball Hall of Famer Michael Jordan. 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
hall of jokes
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »
The Chief and I both love JCap, even through all her ups and downs.  Nice to see her receive this honor.

And then there's Guga.  His tennis wasn't the sort of game I normally like to watch, but his personality is so magnetic that I simply had no choice. :))  What a class act both as a player and a man. ://
CONK da ball!!!