Author Topic: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012  (Read 12059 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
Babbs, if Roger wins tomorrow---you have to keep it! :innocent: (your avatar).  It looks GREAT!!!!!

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »
Babbs, if Roger wins tomorrow---you have to keep it! :innocent: (your avatar).  It looks GREAT!!!!!
Federer will surely win tomorrow.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »
Fed will win, Berdych's power won't be enough.
And then if Berdych gets close he'll break down mentally.

We can then close down this tournament for a year.

Tiriac should look at Oracle founder Larry Ellison's tournament at Indian Wells on how to get things working in perfect order.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »

Tiriac should look at Oracle founder Larry Ellison's tournament at Indian Wells on how to get things working in perfect order.

That's true...

Aside from the problems associated with the blue dirt, were there other problems with the tournament? I've got a very different perspective now. I'd just like to hear the other complaints so that I can addresses them tomorrow when I start posting pictures.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

Aside from the problems associated with the blue dirt, were there other problems with the tournament? I've got a very different perspective now. I'd just like to hear the other complaints so that I can addresses them tomorrow when I start posting pictures.

just read the topic Nadal should shut his mouth and play, I have been reporting all the details of the event for the "fans" of  Rafa and Nole! http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=16680.msg504362#msg504362
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »

sad we can not close down this tournament forever and ever.
Tiriac looking? with his monocle the fluo balls.
the damage has already been done, doesn't matter anymore if the event is played again on red clay, the fans have had enough of Tiriac, year after year, so many little things were wrong in the past, now it will be impossible to recover from this disaster week, the vast majority of spanish fans are tired of Madridtiriac, he better tries to find a new country for the event if he wants to sell tickets.
full stop.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:38:17 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »

the damage has already been done, doesn't matter anymore if the event is played again on red clay, the fans have had enough of Tiriac, year after year, so many little things were wrong in the past, now it will be impossible to recover from this disaster week, the vast majority of spanish fans are tired of Madridtiriac, he better tries to find a new country for the event if he wants to sell tickets.
full stop.

I have a feeling people will not want to do anything with him.
It appears he thinks he can do what ever he wants, get his own way and bully people to his way of thinking because he has money.

He'd be wrong, and though I didn't mind the color at all and even the court being slippery, the more I think about it the more I'm not happy with his way of forcing the issue, this is what bothers me the most right now.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2012, 11:57:06 PM »
montecarlo was bad only this year, that too with just one rough patch on the side of the court like conchita said.......

they conducted a davis cup tie just the week before  montecarlo which i am not sure is a good thing to do.......i wonder if they had any time to prepare the courts again for the masters event.......so that might be the reason.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »

full stop.

i think that's true.......everyone's had enough with this tournament......let's have montecarlo, rome and roland garros as the main events like in the old times.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »
Berdych  has good chance to win Madrid   :whistle:

seems like people here think Fed  :king: has already lifted the trophy ....but
Berdych is playing great this week

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2012, 05:23:29 AM »
Berdych  has good chance to win Madrid   :whistle:

seems like people here think Fed  :king: has already lifted the trophy ....but
Berdych is playing great this week
Berdych is playing great, but he has not skill, only power, then Federer will win.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2012, 06:59:36 AM »
I have a feeling people will not want to do anything with him.
It appears he thinks he can do what ever he wants, get his own way and bully people to his way of thinking because he has money.

He'd be wrong, and though I didn't mind the color at all and even the court being slippery, the more I think about it the more I'm not happy with his way of forcing the issue, this is what bothers me the most right now.

what you make of this "I didn't say sorry to Rafa, I am not going to commit suicide if Rafa does not play next year. Rafa was born and will die in tennis, I am sure that Rafa with his solidarity and charity will return what tennis has gave him.  We started in 2002 and Santana told me a wild card to Rafa, he lost in the 1st round (he doesn't comment that the poster boy back then was Ferrero who was not ganted a wildcard as past champion in 2008). Of my time I only took 2% in sports because I have other business. Five years of testing the surface (I commented how he lies on that and the controversy surrounding the choise of new company who made the courts). I have followed tennis for the last 55 years, then went on to say he has never seen a player lost 5-2 with a double break in the decider and only winning 6 points. in soccer they play when it rains, in racing they risk their lifes, (each sport is different, Count Dracula from Transylvania played ice hockey at the olympics in insbruck 1964.  in 2009 then Spanish Davis Cup captain Emilio Sanchez Vicario tested the surface and commented that the blue clay was extremely dangerous). Spain deserves this event and that it stays here, Spain will have 5 Nadals in the future but it won't be easy because you don't buy them in the supermarket" (very interesting, he brought the tourney to Spain because of the spanish golden generation and what happens to the event when the current players retire and there's no relay). Finally he says the fans are very happy with the new surface". didn't bring the level of play and said "he doesn't talk to players and no info of what players think during this week". 
the last of the 24 singles titles of Tiriac was in Madrid, 1971, defeating in the final his protege Nastase, 75 61 60 and making lots of protests to the umpire at the Puerta de Hierro club, 3000 people saw the final, including then princess Sofia and the ministers of agriculture, industry and trade. then they won the doubles final, same day as Laver defeated Kodes in Rome to win the title and 10.000 dollars.   
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:19:48 AM by conchita »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »
Bird man up 5-3 in the first.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
Fed drops the first set 3-6. 
Scott Baker

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
LMFFAO :rofl_2:

But it's not over yet. :zipped:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
Berdych looks very good.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »
Fed up 3-1 in the second.  Could not find live feed.  :(
Scott Baker

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
Football update :  Manchester City   :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>
Berdych is playing great in first set ( half time ...watched for 15 min and it was amazing  :) :) :) )

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
Looks like we are back on serve in the 2nd?
Scott Baker

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
Decided set....