Author Topic: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012  (Read 11344 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:44 PM »
oh, you evil woman  ..-). Milos is our Canadian Sampras  :gleam:.

He's nothing like Sampras but he wants be no doubt and that's why he's a wannabe. His movements will put those sumo wrestlers to shame. He's got zero net gamel. His backhand pretty much sucks. There's absolutely nothing that resembles Sampras. Nothing. Sampras was like Monet in tennis very artistic and talented. This guy is a pure ball basher a la Sharapova if you will. He just likes to hit the ball as hard as possible. His entier game is made of two shots. Even a grinder like Ferrer took him to task each time. Just cant stand him or his tennis.

what's up emma?

i told all that about milos raonic and cilic about a year ago to you and also monster man......i knew they din't have what it takes to become what their fans expect them to be......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 12:31:31 PM »
the greatest of all clay kings looks good to take another title.......davydenko was squashed like an insect.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »

He's nothing like Sampras but he wants be no doubt and that's why he's a wannabe. His movements will put those sumo wrestlers to shame. He's got zero net gamel. His backhand pretty much sucks. There's absolutely nothing that resembles Sampras. Nothing. Sampras was like Monet in tennis very artistic and talented. This guy is a pure ball basher a la Sharapova if you will. He just likes to hit the ball as hard as possible. His entier game is made of two shots. Even a grinder like Ferrer took him to task each time. Just cant stand him or his tennis.
well, you know I was j/k. However, I still think he is more talented than Tomic, Dimitrov and all other youngsters. He does have a very good serve, his FH is pretty good, agree with you about his weak BH ... actually, to be honest with you I'm so disappointed with all youngsters

dolgopolov is the most talented of all the young bunch, alex......and also unlike these lethargic ugly movers like raonic, tomic, dimitrov, dolgopolov moves well and gets to a lot of balls......his only problem is he doesn't seem to know when to play which shot.......if he works on that and gets consistent, he is the one to watch out for and will be the one winning several slams in the future.......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »
overall i am not happy with this clay or the colour of it......the court and the look sucks......i am waiting for rome and roland garros.......let's just collect our 1000 points and get out of that s**tty place, rafa......

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
She is a troll

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
she is not a troll, DC......she is never kept happy by her players.......whoever she takes to cheering keeps disappointing her time and time again.......i told her about a year ago not to hold high expectations of raonic and i also told monster man to forget about cilic......

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
she is not a troll, DC......she is never kept happy by her players.......whoever she takes to cheering keeps disappointing her time and time again.......i told her about a year ago not to hold high expectations of raonic and i also told monster man to forget about cilic......
I'm joking

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »
Well so far Roger looks rusty.... Raonic looks on target.  I hope Roger can some how come back in this match.  It's difficult when you've been out for over a month and play someone like Raonic - who gives you  nothing to hit over 4 rallies!

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
Well so far Roger looks rusty.... Raonic looks on target.  I hope Roger can some how come back in this match.  It's difficult when you've been out for over a month and play someone like Raonic - who gives you  nothing to hit over 4 rallies!
I think it's the blue clay that is hindering the game of Federer.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »

Nah... it's Raonic's serve, footwork, and ground strokes....  Roger isn't hitting his shots and is making too many errors.  It will be interesting to see if Raonic can keep this level up or if Roger can bring his level up.  If he (Roger) doesn't - it'll be 2 quick sets for Raonic.  Roger did lose the first set the last time they played, and he came back.  So... I'm not giving up hope yet!!! GO ROGER!!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »
I am not sure who is going to win. Raonic's serve can be the best in men game (can argue with John Inser). The problem really is how do return his serve. Federer old fashion way to return is just direct the ball back which he finally did in last game.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »
Federer beats Raonic by 4-6 7-5 7-6 (5). Raonic will be even danger in the future. He has 21 aces in this match with 86% 1st serve win. 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
Wow that was close!!!!!!!!!!!  Roger started playing better from the 2nd set on.  Roanic really played well in the first set.  The "pressure" got to Raonic in the tie-break (I think).

Tomorrow:  Come on Verdasco, Federer, and Warwinka!!!!  (well, I'll take 1 out of the 3 if I have to) :innocent:

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »

Nah... it's Raonic's serve, footwork, and ground strokes....  Roger isn't hitting his shots and is making too many errors.  It will be interesting to see if Raonic can keep this level up or if Roger can bring his level up.  If he (Roger) doesn't - it'll be 2 quick sets for Raonic.  Roger did lose the first set the last time they played, and he came back.  So... I'm not giving up hope yet!!! GO ROGER!!!!
Raonic's serve is favored for blue clay.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »
Wow that was close!!!!!!!!!!!  Roger started playing better from the 2nd set on.  Roanic really played well in the first set.  The "pressure" got to Raonic in the tie-break (I think).

Tomorrow:  Come on Verdasco, Federer, and Warwinka!!!!  (well, I'll take 1 out of the 3 if I have to) :innocent:
No, come on Verdasco and Djokovic.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
I missed quite a match,,, Fed Raonic.
Raonic had more points and break chances.

I'll have to catch the replay. Found it here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/457154/size/condensed/

At 6:50 Delpo is on and followed by the powerful Federer.  :cool:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
Ha ha!  :Bleh:

The first 20 games were a 1h 1min whirlwind, as dictated by Raonic, who was clocking serves at 146-148. Thats an entire match in 1 hour! On the ATP tour level. That was pretty much a feeling out period.

Reading through your lame comments Im left wondering, has anyone ever watched Roger play before. Roger made a really profound tactical move to begin the 2nd set. He S&Ved on every 1st and 2nd serve for an entire set. And when it didnt work, he didnt abandon it. He went right back at it. Ive been saying, with the rate the ball travels today, it would be wise to S&V on clay. It just takes skill and guts. Roger showed he had both, tonight.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
I was totally frustration at that time, watching him continues moving foreward and try to serve volley and was being pass by Raonic.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:19:25 PM by williamchung7 »

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
Djokovic will get Wawrinka. Likely will be very easy for Nole.

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
Ive been saying, with the rate the ball travels today, it would be wise to S&V on clay. It just takes skill and guts.

i agree but it all dependence on what kind of balls are in play !
courts are so slow (all around)  these days that  clay is not "the slowest surface" as it used to be

S&V on RG with (fast) balls they used last year can be very good thing ... on the other hand Miami & W balls ( to quote Fish) :are "too heavy & too big"