Author Topic: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012  (Read 11864 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
Any pictures Babbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »
I was totally frustration at that time, watching him continues moving foreward and try to serve volley and was being pass by Raonic.

Poor effort, Bill, you´ve been brainwashed. He lost the first set sitting back passively doing diddly-poo = frustrating. He won the second set being aggressive and S&Ving = brilliant. Yep, you´re going to get passed coming to the net. The problem with today´s chicken s**t players is they are afraid to stick with something that´s difficult. Until last night, Federer was a typical modern tennis player in that respect. But lo and behold, he won more points than he lost and more games than his opponent...and all you can say is it frustrated you.

Don´t even talk about tactics anymore, for you have zero credibility. And rest assured, I will remind you of this in the future.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2012, 08:39:04 AM »
just watched the Tsonga vs. Dolgo. Good win for Dolgo, but I'm not going to make any comments about the match. I feel like shaving Dolgo's head, and Tsonga's hair looks so silly ...  I don't know why these guys try so hard to look like models  :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2012, 08:52:58 AM »
I promised to myself ...I refuse to watch any Spanish player playing against Nadal. it's driving me crazy ... dasco started well, he broke early just to be broken in the next game ...

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
I promised to myself ...I refuse to watch any Spanish player playing against Nadal. it's driving me crazy ... dasco started well, he broke early just to be broken in the next game ...

You know this is going 3 sets......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »

yup, and Nadal is going to win again ... surprise, surprise he is up a break ... well, let's see

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
Wow that was close!!!!!!!!!!!  Roger started playing better from the 2nd set on.  Roanic really played well in the first set.  The "pressure" got to Raonic in the tie-break (I think).

Tomorrow:  Come on Verdasco, Federer, and Warwinka!!!!  (well, I'll take 1 out of the 3 if I have to) :innocent:

Verdasco = Check....(and this wasn't the "one" I would have taken)... Now I want the other 2 to come true!!!!
Federer =
Warwinka =
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:48:53 AM by Dallas »

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »

yup, and Nadal is going to win again ... surprise, surprise he is up a break ... well, let's see
Nadal lost in a humiliating, served for the match twice and lost!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »
Congrats to Verdasco. super interesting match. I don't know how he managed to pull it off. I was like, wtf ... great play ...

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »
after watching the first set, i had a feeling that today was verdasco's day.......even though rafa lead 5-2 in the final set, i was not really surprised that verdasco took it to him and snatched the match......he looked the better player out there.......kudos to him......

this loss is a blow to tiriac's crap tournament.......tournament revenue sure to go down after this......i think even rafa prefers to lose here than in rome.......i am just waiting for proper clay tennis again in rome......anybody can take this title for all i care......
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:14:12 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
after watching the first set, i had a feeling that today was verdasco's day.......even though rafa lead 5-2 in the final set, i was not really surprised that verdasco took it to him and snatched the match......he looked the better player out there.......kudos to him......

this loss is a blow to tiriac's crap tournament.......tournament revenue sure to go down after this......i think even rafa prefers to lose here than in rome.......i am just waiting for proper clay tennis again in rome......anybody can take this title for all i care......
it's not a big deal, but kudos to Dasco. Nole lost to Isner at IW ... sh!t happens. with all respect to Nando, I wouldn't put too much into all of this.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »

it's not a big deal, but kudos to Dasco. Nole lost to Isner at IW ... sh!t happens. with all respect to Nando, I wouldn't put too much into all of this.

yep, everyone's happy with the result.......verdasco is too good to never score a win over rafa and rafa wasn't happy with these "clay" courts at all.......he better lose and focus for rome which is far more prestigious.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »

yep, everyone's happy with the result.......verdasco is too good to never score a win over rafa and rafa wasn't happy with these "clay" courts at all.......he better lose and focus for rome which is far more prestigious.......
Tiriac made Madrid 'interesting my a$$', nobody likes this surface (talking about players but also about most fans) ... I was naive to think that blue clay is just a different colour. it's not.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »

Tiriac made Madrid 'interesting my a$$', nobody likes this surface (talking about players but also about most fans) ... I was naive to think that blue clay is just a different colour. it's not.

the blue chemical takes away the naturalness and you can see the effect already.......i doubt whether the upper layer is binding properly or not.......many balls are taking a bad bounce.......sliding seems to be an issue as well.......

in any case, clay and grass are not to be messed with in the first place, they are natural surfaces and they should be left as they are.......it's a different thing with hardcourts which are artificial stuff.......

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
Congrats to Verdasco. super interesting match. I don't know how he managed to pull it off. I was like, wtf ... great play ...
Yes, but Nadal was very poor today.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
Wow that was close!!!!!!!!!!!  Roger started playing better from the 2nd set on.  Roanic really played well in the first set.  The "pressure" got to Raonic in the tie-break (I think).

Tomorrow:  Come on Verdasco, Federer, and Warwinka!!!!  (well, I'll take 1 out of the 3 if I have to) :innocent:

Verdasco = Check....(and this wasn't the "one" I would have taken)... Now I want the other 2 to come true!!!!
Federer = Check....
Warwinka =

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:28:31 PM by Dallas »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
I like the rationalizations from Shankar.  :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »
I like the rationalizations from Shankar.  :rofl_2:
What is this?

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »

You always see things coming ! If you can only be kind enough to share your thoughts before the match, we can certainly appreciate it more and BTW your boy Rafa has threatened to boycott the event or so I read
The world awaits no genius

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »
I am watching Djokovic vs Wawrinka right now before I go to work.