Author Topic: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012  (Read 9356 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
I want to know how did Tipsarevic move in this surface.

DelPo & Berdych have no problems moving ....  :) :) :)

That will be surprise in term of general thought. Both of them are considered as poor mover. :confused1:
I haven't watched their match at Madrid Master. Maybe the condition of surface and ball are suitable their style as hard hitter and allow them don't need to move too much? For example, it is slippier for their opponent and their groundstroke is big and very fast so it is hard for opponent to defence.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:12:07 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »

That will be surprise in term of general thought. Both of them are considered as poor mover. :confused1:
I haven't watch their match at Madrid Master. Maybe the condition of surface and ball are suitable their style as hard hitter and allow them don't need to move too much? For example, it is slippier for their opponent and their groundstroke is big and very fast.

yes you are right ..... but still they are very big boys  :whistle:

i think that winner of MO will be one them

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Djokovic lost unexpectedly for Tipsarevic.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »

I haven't watch their match at Madrid Master. Maybe the condition of surface and ball are suitable their style as hard hitter and allow them don't need to move too much? For example, it is slippier for their opponent and their groundstroke is big and very fast.

yes you are right ..... but still they are very big boys  :whistle:

i think that winner of MO will be one them

I see Ferrer has no trouble to move around the court. Federer has some troubles.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:56:16 PM by williamchung7 »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
Babbs...remember it's about match-ups.  Ferrer matches up well against Almagro (now 10-0), but he doesn't necessarily match up well against Roger (0-12).  However, Ferrer is playing really well so that match should be interesting.

I know what you're saying but that wasn't the case yesterday.  Ferrer made uncharacteristic errors in the TB and Almagro had MP 3x. How Ferrer saved those MPs was sickening but awesome to witness. 

Yesterday's bad match-up was Delpo-Cilic. That's how a bad match-up plays out.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
Ferer  was just to tired after 3 hard sets vs Almagro , plus this was first time for him on central court ( all history vs Fed didnt help too)

like many times in sports luck is very important :

for example Raonic so far in this season had the best chance to make "big move" on 2 the fastest masters IV & MMO and he got Federer in second round both times.... :( :( :(
Tipsarevic got  player ranked No175,99  in second round  :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: and got little gift ( semis) from djoper

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
Sorry don't see Tipsy having much chance against the GOAT. Potro should handle Berdy, NP.

Roger vs Juan again  :mad1:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
Sorry don't see Tipsy having much chance against the GOAT. Potro should handle Berdy, NP.

Roger vs Juan again  :mad1:
No, I don't think so. Tipsarevic is a very danger player when he is on song.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
I bet the tournament directors and everyone is really praying for Federer to take this title. If Federer loses and this is the first tournament in a long time that's won by someone other than the Big 3, it'll be pretty bad to make a good case for the blue clay. It wouldn't matter that the winner could have his own story line, like DelPo's "back" or Tipsy makes a breakthrough to his first Masters.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
Sometimes, I think tennis general public is sticking with top4 too long or maybe too much, including myself. Most people watching tennis only consider what these top 4 will do, and don't care rest of other players.

Maybe this surface is indication ATP wants to break top4 dominance. But nobody knows the true.....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:49:18 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »
I really think I'm a fan of tennis first. Sure, I love Nole but I think it's a good thing that both Djoko and Nadal are out. my only concern is that the courts in Madrid are so slippery and I don't want to see any players injured.

Both Djokovic and Nadal said that if they didn't change courts to normal clay, they wouldn't show up next year in Madrid. well, maybe they are just whining but I still don't feel very well about the courts in Madrid ...

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
Sometimes, I think tennis general public is sticking with top4 too long or maybe too much, including myself. Most people watching tennis only consider what these top 4 will do, and don't care rest of other players.

Maybe this surface is indication ATP wants to break top4 dominance. But nobody knows the true.....

Negative, those top four bring in a lot of money.

I like other players, see how their doing and if there are improvements.

It's not just about the top dogs for me.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
I think it is Babs they have a problem with, not the blue clay.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »

I told him awhile back to leave other fans alone when he gets there.  :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »

I told him awhile back to leave other fans alone when he gets there.  :)
:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: too good both of you. are we actually not sure that Babs is in Madrid... he might be in Mexico, and he just got confused  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:13:41 AM by Alex »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about yet  :)~  but the clay was s**te when it was red, and there's a reason: they lay it on top of plywood. The players complained about the s**tty clay when it was red. Red clay, blue clay. It's just dirt on top of plywood on makeshift courts.

I didn't read or hear any English press while I was out there. I assume you guys were hearing the players complain? Yes, no?

From what I saw, it wasn't a problem to play on, but it was a nightmare to keep up. And the grounds crew in stadium #2 was still clueless by Thursday. Did they show any of the issues they had dragging and watering down the courts. That was where the issues lied. Some of the slides didn't drag out, then the dum-basses watered the courts and it puddled or something. The players held up play continuously until the grounds crew made the courts playable. I didn't see them having as much trouble on any other courts. And honestly, I don't know if they had the same problem when the courts were colored red because all of this stuff takes place during commercial breaks.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
Madrid organizers are Fedtards, they specifically made a surface to mess up Nadal & Djokovic.  ://
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »
not really the blue clay they are angry about; it's the way that the decision was made against the players' wishes. ATP stands for Association of Tennis Players. It was formed to protect the interests of the players. Now it seems to cater to the interests of tournament owners, and the players feel they have no voice. This is the root of the problem.

the reason no 1 and 2 quickly gone is they don't want to risk injuring and losing further upcoming matches for another 5 or 6 months. the fear of getting hurt itself will limit the game. Delpo stamped himself to the wall this week, courts 2 and 3 are more slippery than centre, JM went on to say he was lucky didn't injure shoulder.

the problem is not the color of clay as most people complain but the underlying hardened surface...

If the main tennis court has to be redone every year then this is a poor venue for a world class tennis tournament.  Clay courts take months (sometimes longer) to properly settle down.

Slippery courts are dangerous. 
The testing of the surface was insufficient.

Lost in all the talk about better visibility (which I do like) is the fact that when they wanted to switch to blue clay, it was to better match the sponsor's colors.

ATP & Tiriac  should remember that Madrid is of highest level ATP MASTERS 1000 not aN ATP250 tournament .
They can arrange coulours and models as ball girls but they can't arrange a proper court.

If they can't arrange proper court ATP should move tournament to Hamburg which sued ATP for relegating it to ATP 500 level.

Apparently their mistake was not so much the color but over compacting the surface to the point where the loose material on top slid overtop a harder compacted subsurface like ball bearing along a hard track.

-----

We've had the same [guy] who has been working on the courts at Roland Garros for 12 years," Tiriac said. "We know that a new court is never good, even if we keep sweeping it, they have to play on it, Here in Madrid, we have to built and dismantle it each year. There's a reason that the court is what it is. We did not want to have so many bad bounces as before. What happens is that they have been pushing, pushing and pressing it to compress it, and have done it so much that it has become too hard."

He is lying!!!! the guy was just an advisor, the company chosen to make the courts knew there was a problem long time before, even the other companies knew the courts were done wrong. didn't care til the event start, now they are trying to solve the problem in the last days trying to dismantle the hard subsurface. too late.
the Magic Cavern empty 300 milion euros.
built and dismantle each year, until the summer of 2011 Real Madrid baskeball team played there, then the club left to play in a better located facility in downtown (the magic cavern is in nowehere, quite a distance from underground station, 40 mins-1 hour by car from downtown, and some more problems with the neightbourhood). the venue has been empty since last summer.
in fact, the madrid tennis federation stopped the activity in the indoor garden and outside courts because the contract was too expensive at the end of 2011, even the kids were not allowed to play tennis there. in fact the best indoor courts are going to be for paddel and the others for a formula one team, no more tennis indoor.
the magic cavern was going to cost 100 milion euros, then the final amount was almost 300 milion euros.
retractabler roof in 3 stadiums? never rains in may in Madrid. never.
the design inside is horrible, poor visibility on the main court's corners, main court too small, only 12500, must have been 15-16000, show court 1 and 2, 3000 and 2000, compare to Rome 6000 and 3500.

and the spanish media and players are "silent respect" because the director and codirector are Santana and Moya.
and Nadal is talking as the representative of almost 20 local players in the top 200 and the majority of fans of the country.

-----

They should put tiriac and santana to play, and charge 40 euro for it, then lets wait and see who is going to watch that.

----

Uncle Toni: Madrid can proceed without Tiriac

Toni Nadal, the uncle and coach of Rafael Nadal, tells Spanish TV, "that the ATP given permission to this [Madrid] is an outrage," and that it's not worth the risk of the players' health to compete on such a slippery surface.

Toni Nadal also took aim at tournament owner Ion Tiriac, saying, "I'll thank you if you take him somewhere else, to see if we can organize [the tournament] without him ... but the blame is also with ATP that allowed Tiriac to do that. What power this man must have that allows him to change customs and habits of the players ... Tiriac apologized to Rafa after the match. But the big culprit is ATP, which should not have give permission [for blue clay] and I hope that they do not give it next year."

Veteran tennis journalist Richard Evans, who is in Madrid, tweeted that Tiriac will step down in 2013, but didn't specify why. A Romanian TV station reported that Tiriac is merely stepping away from the administrative side of things, and will remain as tournament owner and chairman.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:18:40 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2012, 02:15:27 AM »
Madrid organizers are Fedtards, they specifically made a surface to mess up Nadal & Djokovic.  ://
lol, you idiot  :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »
I guess Nadal must be rally pissed by now...

After beating him, Nando goes down 6-1, 6-2 vs Berdych...
I guess he spent all his energy yesterday..

no, he had not plan b aganinst berdych.

Nadal yesterday was back home fishing in Mallorca, what the big problem is not to play in front of home fans in Madrid, but the serbs for example didn't play in Belgrade last week and probably doesn't care anymore. Santana wasn't able to speak a word to him on thursday and he tried. too late, there's nothing more to talk about it.
what pissed Nadal was the celebration by Verdasco, doesn't matther the previous h2h, this is how Verdasco is, at the 2009 AO semi Nadal crossed the net to embrace Verdasco after he ended the match with a double fault. Verdasco, is like that, in fact he did the same collapsing show at the 2010 USO 4th round vs Ferrer but that time Ferru didn't wait for him at the net.
in fact, a spanish does not celebrate  or very little a win against a compatriot, see Ferrer vs Almagro this week, they embraced at the net, not Verdasco and Nadal.
but Verdasco is quite different, it's quite clear that Corretja will pick for the olympics Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro and Lopez and Verdasco will be the one left out. they did the same in Beijiing, the likable Robredo instead of Verdasco and the reasons will be more about off the court behaviour than results on court.

Verdasco has crossed the red thin line many times before, the last one I posted two weeks ago when last year he decided not to defend title in Barcelona, the shrine of spanish tennis, and play in Estoril instead, not going to elaborate the money reason. pathetic. 

thanks to Emilio Sanchez Vicario who panicked at mar del plata and picked him instead of Ferru to seal the win against Acasuso.       
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:57:05 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.