Author Topic: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012  (Read 11335 times)

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
Re: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »
To all of the relatively new fans to the game, ie the­ Novak fans,this is what the tour used to­ resemble, surfaces that played differently.

do not be so harsh to djoper fans.....

lets take 'one of them" for example :its cold & lonely in Canada and if djoper is thing to keep them warm & give illusion of belonging to something...who are we to judge them

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »
To all of the relatively new fans to the game, ie the­ Novak fans,this is what the tour used to­ resemble, surfaces that played differently.
what Novak fans? there is just me and that kid from Brazil , lol. btw, I've been watching tennis since 80's. so, please don't try to teach me a lesson about different surfaces.

my only concern is players safety. Djokovic and Nadal have never complained about any type of surface before (threating they won't even show up at Madrid next year). Yes, Fed is great and he was able to adapt. Med, you seem to be a bigger Fedtard than even Dallas ... Congratulations  :))

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2012, 03:17:45 PM »
Now that Roger is no 2, what are the chances of Nole and Nadal meeting in the Semis at RG... That paves a smooth path for Roger to End his best clay court season of his entire career. Although, the organizers might have their reserves putting the best on clay and the number one guy in the same half of the draw, I think, considering Roger being in the Finals plenty of times, I dont see Roger playing Nadal in the Semis. I just hope for a Nadal/Nole, Fed/Murray (or whoever in the top 10) Semis...

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
Affirmative.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
Now that Roger is no 2, what are the chances of Nole and Nadal meeting in the Semis at RG... That paves a smooth path for Roger to End his best clay court season of his entire career. Although, the organizers might have their reserves putting the best on clay and the number one guy in the same half of the draw, I think, considering Roger being in the Finals plenty of times, I dont see Roger playing Nadal in the Semis. I just hope for a Nadal/Nole, Fed/Murray (or whoever in the top 10) Semis...
too early to talk about it, as Nadal can get back to #2 after Rome. top 3 will probably make it to semis at RG, and then it's a tossup.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:37:05 PM by Alex »

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
too early to talk about it, as Nadal can get back to #2 after Rome. top 3 will probably make it to semis at RG, and then it's a tossup.
Alex, I'm just joking. Just thought I'd stir up something because I know you're the only Nole fan. You took the tease !
The world awaits no genius

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »
Alex, I'm just joking. Just thought I'd stir up something because I know you're the only Nole fan. You took the tease !
np Med. too tired here, I had to work almost all night long (some stupid paper work), so I guess I'm a bit cranky and my sense of humor is not working.
cheers, and btw regardless of who we support I really like your style :-)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:10:48 PM by Alex »

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »
Nadal fans are barbarians. Its too freighting joking with them. I didn't dare to add Nadal's name. :rofl_2:
The world awaits no genius

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
I'm happy! Roger won, Serena won, and I'm in Vegas with my hubby and 2 daughters and their husbands! I was on a plane when Serena and Roger played but I taped it at home so it will be there when I get back.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:39:01 PM by Dallas »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »
Nadal fans are barbarians. Its too freighting joking with them. I didn't dare to add Nadal's name. :rofl_2:
Herc and Shank are the biggest barbarians ever, but they like it that way  :rofl_2: (too much testosterone)... well, I have to add Conchita is a lady. now, I we are derailing this thread, lol

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
It looks that we have lost a lot of our forum members.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2012, 10:06:08 PM »

No problem at all!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »
Both Nadal and Djokovic were badly defeated by the new "cool" color - bright blue color clay!  What a bunch of cry babies.  Touring Pros should be able to play on any surface; with any color surface.  Just lost it all mentally!  I think they have learn their lesson because next year; I hope they will keep the same color just to see what the cry babies say and do!   :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
Both Nadal and Djokovic were badly defeated by the new "cool" color - bright blue color clay!  What a bunch of cry babies.  Touring Pros should be able to play on any surface; with any color surface.  Just lost it all mentally!  I think they have learn their lesson because next year; I hope they will keep the same color just to see what the cry babies say and do!   :))
well, they won't play Madrid. if that's what Tiriac wants, fine with me ... good luck with the tournament ....  both Nole and Rafa can afford it ... you can call them cry babies if you wish, suit yourself. ... and what lesson are we talk about here? who cares about stupid Madrid blue clay anyway? They can skip one master a year.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »
well, they won't play Madrid. if that's what Tiriac wants, fine with me ... good luck with the tournament ....  both Nole and Rafa can afford it ... you can call them cry babies if you wish, suit yourself. ... and what lesson are we talk about here? who cares about stupid Madrid blue clay anyway? They can skip one master a year.

If they skip Madrid, then both Nadal and Djokovic should be banned from the tour for a period of time, in my opinion.

Both Verdasco and Tipsarevic also had to adapt to the blue slippery clay, just as much as Djokovic and Nadal.
These are professional players who are lucky to earn multimillion dollars annually just because they are good at something as meaningless to the world as tennis.

Oeh oeh oeh, we have to play on blue clay! Cry cry cry. People in Taiwan are drowning in Haiti there is no food and these pricks are complaining about blue clay and acting like freaking gods. I genuinely hope, the ATP will punish this arrogant egocentric and unrealistic behavior.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2012, 02:56:06 AM »

If they skip Madrid, then both Nadal and Djokovic should be banned from the tour for a period of time, in my opinion.

Both Verdasco and Tipsarevic also had to adapt to the blue slippery clay, just as much as Djokovic and Nadal.
These are professional players who are lucky to earn multimillion dollars annually just because they are good at something as meaningless to the world as tennis.

Oeh oeh oeh, we have to play on blue clay! Cry cry cry. People in Taiwan are drowning in Haiti there is no food and these pricks are complaining about blue clay and acting like freaking gods. I genuinely hope, the ATP will punish this arrogant egocentric and unrealistic behavior.
Baz, we are mixing things up here. Shall we talk about capitalism vs. communism? There are millions of poor starving people in Africa too. these top guys have been playing tennis since they were 5 years old. that's all they know. they try to do their job well. yes, I too find them to be Divas sometimes (Djokovic, Rafa and Nadal)... but what to do? they earned it. It's not their job to fix ' world hunger', they just play tennis. The whole darn tour depends on them. Can you imagine any big tournaments without Djoko, Rog and Rafa ...?

they are the best of the bests....

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:30 AM »

Baz, we are mixing things up here. Shall we talk about capitalism vs. communism? There are millions of poor starving people in Africa too. these top guys have been playing tennis since they were 5 years old. that's all they know. they try to do their job well. yes, I too find them to be Divas sometimes (Djokovic, Rafa and Nadal)... but what to do? they earned it. It's not their job to fix ' world hunger', they just play tennis. The whole darn tour depends on them. Can you imagine any big tournaments without Djoko, Rog and Rafa ...?

they are the best of the bests....

i agree with both baz & alex..
i can't call them cry babies, but they are complaining a lot these days..especially nadal..but then,like alex said, its not their job to fix the world..
they worked extremly hard to get to this position..& they've earned it..
& they do contribute to the world hunger/poverty through theirs as well as various other charities. :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
I understand Nadal's and Djoke's frustration.
The slippery conditions takes away their movement to the ball, it would be like taking away Raonic's serve or Fed's forhand.
They just have to adjust and find other ways to win.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »

Hey Alex, I'm not going as far as to say Federer will down Djokovic and win the next 5 slams but I think that statement right there that you made is why some of us Fed fans still believe in our 31y.o grandpa. He might no longer be a heavy favourite to win the slams or the matches against Nadal and Djokovic, but at some level if what you said about it being a tossup is true, then things just might land in Fed's favor sometime.

Also, I don't agree with whoever said that Djokovic and Nadal have it all rough and Fed has it easy so should be able to overtake them. Djokovic and Nadal have it tougher to defend the points, especially Djokovic with wins in Rome, Wimbledon, USOpen, Toronto (?), and Finals in Cincinnati and SF in RG, but Federer doesn't exactly have it easy, he's also defending SF in Rome, Finals in RG, QF in Wimbledon and SF in USO. Now that means that to move up he pretty much needs to win those tournaments. And that's no easy feat, also keeping in mind that he's probably just as, if not more, susceptible to early-round upsets (Jo.w.tsonga at W QF last year anyone?) as Djokovic.

At their very best, Nadal is the best on clay with Federer and Djokovic tied right behind Nadal, at least against the rest of the field. At their best, all three are as good as each other on Grass, edge going to Federer and Nadal, and at their best, Djokovic is marginally more favorable on hardcourts than Federer and Nadal is almost right there. So we're talking about very close margins here and we are talking about very good competitors. Barring any freak upsets early in the grandslam level, all three of them are very very close and it is indeed a toss-up.

I think it's very exciting at the top. To regain the number 1 spot legitimately, both Federer and Nadal will probably have to win at least 2 slams. The folks best positioned to win 2 slams this year in my opinion, in order, are Djokovic, Nadal and then Federer. So I do not see Fed as the inevitable number 1. Things could very much fall in his favor if he can defend his Rome points and Djokovic defends Rome as well, making sure Nadal and himself don't have any point gains and Fed is number 2 for RG. And should the draw workout to see a Nadal vs. Djokovic semi, chances of Fed winning the French go up, and then he can definitely gain some points at Wimbledon. A combination of him winning big points and Djokovic losing points could very well see Fed back at the top. It's all a tossup here.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »
pawan :
Fed has a good chance of getting some more points in rome..he doesn't have much points to defend here as he lost to gasquet in R3 not SF here last year..:)

the prospect of fed winning a GS & getting back to no.1 does look exciting :lmao:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.