Author Topic: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012  (Read 11113 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: ATP, Masters Madrid Open, 5-13 May 2012
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
madrid is a clown event.......the injury risk is too high on this blue clay.......it's not even playing like clay.......

just because nadal and djokovic opted to be careful and preferred to lose than risk their fitness, that doesn't mean others adapted to it better than them.......others don't generate 1/10th the income of what nadal and djokovic alone generate for ATP.......it's vital for ATP to have nadal and djokovic active in all major events and the ATP hits them with fines if they miss a 1000 event.......that's why they both blasted ATP for this crap clay.......they were right in threatening to boycott this garbage event.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »
federer once again like an opportunist, just took advantage of situations and benefited.......haha it's not that he adopted well to this surface........you don't need to adopt to adversities against a player like berdych or tipsarevic.......

had the finalist been nadal, he would have been made to run around like a rabbit, change direction frequently and then even he would have opted to stay safe.......fedtards acting like their player adapted to this and others din't.......such a joke that is.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
Wow,
2 successive moronic posts...

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:33 AM »
Wow,
Well noticed.
The world awaits no genius

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
madrid is a clown event.......the injury risk is too high on this blue clay.......it's not even playing like clay.......

just because nadal and djokovic opted to be careful and preferred to lose than risk their fitness, that doesn't mean others adapted to it better than them.......others don't generate 1/10th the income of what nadal and djokovic alone generate for ATP.......it's vital for ATP to have nadal and djokovic active in all major events and the ATP hits them with fines if they miss a 1000 event.......that's why they both blasted ATP for this crap clay.......they were right in threatening to boycott this garbage event.......

And he made sure to use the sanctuary of the Name: Djokovic.
Yeah, Djokovic is Nadfans' buddy.
I sincerely feel if Djokovic happened to have won Madrid, there would have been no straw for Nadfans to hang onto, they would have sunk into the quicksand of the discussion and lymphatically found a place to hide instead they hold on to Djokovic's tail.

Alex, where art thou ? Thine player's name is useth.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:44:39 AM by medwatt »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »
Bookmark this post.

They are not going to dig up the courts this year then lay them 7 weeks prior to play with minimal testing. The courts will, for the first time ever, have a chance to settle. That's what makes the courts slippery.

Nadal will return in 2013.

Nole will return in 2013.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2012, 12:58:47 PM »
Wow,

yes i wrote 'adopt' instead of 'adapt'.......stupid me.......i tend to make such mistakes once in a while......i write quite for quiet and i spell worshiping as worshipping very often....... 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Billy Jean King, in response to all the :crying: from the men: champions adjust.

Rafa rely too much on defense and stretching for balls that force them to slide. Nole made a fool of himself saying the winner will be the Guy who doesn't get injured.  No, the winner was the Guy who adjusted.

I was trying to entice you into a discussion on tactics after watching Fed-Raonic, but all I got was some whining from Bill.

Final point, today's players are such spoiled brats. The courts have been normalized so that the top players can excel on all surfaces and yet that's not enough. Now, what, they want their own people to manicure the courts to their liking. It's unbelievable the mentality of these guys.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

And he made sure to use the sanctuary of the Name: Djokovic.
Yeah, Djokovic is Nadfans' buddy.
I sincerely feel if Djokovic happened to have won Madrid, there would have been no straw for Nadfans to hang onto, they would have sunk into the quicksand of the discussion and lymphatically found a place to hide instead they hold on to Djokovic's tail.

Alex, where art thou ? Thine player's name is useth.
haha, funny. Med, don't be to hard on Shank ... he is a passionate boy. yeah, I would've been very happy if Nole had won Madrid, but now, what can I do? I can only keep b!tching about the surface.  :))...

now seriously ... I don't know any more. I give up, I surrender ... hopefully they will make it safer next year ...

Serena apparently said that both Djoko and Nadal were 2 whiners (what a biotch)  :rofl_2:.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
Billy Jean King, in response to all the :crying: from the men: champions adjust.

Rafa rely too much on defense and stretching for balls that force them to slide. Nole made a fool of himself saying the winner will be the Guy who doesn't get injured.  No, the winner was the Guy who adjusted.

I was trying to entice you into a discussion on tactics after watching Fed-Raonic, but all I got was some whining from Bill.

Final point, today's players are such spoiled brats. The courts have been normalized so that the top players can excel on all surfaces and yet that's not enough. Now, what, they want their own people to manicure the courts to their liking. It's unbelievable the mentality of these guys.

the word adjustment doesn't fit this scenario.......adjusting to weather, court speeds, wind, humidity etc. are all fine and commonly acknowledged external factors.......but asking the players to adjust to faulty courts with messy surfaces is wrong, that cannot be a genuine criterion for measurement of adaptability........some players don't like risking their bodies, especially when they are the main income sources for ATP and are more prone to injuries than certain players......

like i said in the post above, i really wouldn't be surprised to see federer preferring to take a 6-2, 6-3 thrashing than risking himself against nadal should their final happen next year on the same s**tty clay.......

tour is spread around and built around the slams.......and nadal made a good point about that - this stupid event with crap clay is just like switching cincinnatti to grass just before the US open.......it affects the roland garros preparations which is the most important event.......

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:26:28 PM by Start da Game »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:17 PM »
Shank, I've never liked Madrid. Too many changes, too much experimenting ... I won't b!tch about courts and blue clay any more .... there is no point. Tiriac is a moron btw ... but that's just my opinion  :innocent:

the only thing I love about Madrid are ball girls  :)).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
it was funny to see several players moving like 80 year olds with extra caution, and these former players calling that "adapting"......  :hysterical:

del potro and raonic moved like cows, understandably.......del potro just refused to change sides.......those hips would take 8 months to recover had he did.......

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
No, it does fit. The player who played more aggressively and went for their shots were standing at the end. Guys who stubbornly tried to play their game, one clearly illsuited for the courts, fell. Roger figured this out after one set. He S&V'd on every 1st and 2nd serve in the second set. Now, either Rafa and Nole are to stubborn or they lack the skill set. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:46:20 PM by Babblelot »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
Shank, I've never liked Madrid. Too many changes, too much experimenting ... I won't b!tch about courts and blue clay any more .... there is no point. Tiriac is a moron btw ... but that's just my opinion  :innocent:

the only thing I love about Madrid are ball girls  :)).

concurred.......madrid ball girls are a smoking hot bunch.......that is the only positive from the tournament......tiriac has successfully ruined the clay season.......so congrats to him.......that's all from me.......

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »
Blue clay or black, a match is a match. The only way to shut your opponents up is to WIN that tournament. Nadal and Djokovic can't complain just because blue clay is not their forte. If the same argument were stretched, then ATP should listen to Andy Roddick and just get rid of the entire clay season. If you want to prove you are a top player, prove it on different surfaces. The court was not exclusively slippery for Nole and Nadal. Let's move past this bickering and see who wins the Rome championship. God Forbid, Nadal or Nole fails to clinch the title, I don't know what excuses will save their asses then.

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
I just realized something and this should concern Nole's freinds. If Roger wins Rome and Nole fails to get to the Semis, then Roger will be the new number one. This ranking will last for the next three weeks, surpassing Sampras's record of 283 weeks. Well that makes ROME a pivotal tournament for them....

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »
I just realized something and this should concern Nole's freinds. If Roger wins Rome and Nole fails to get to the Semis, then Roger will be the new number one. This ranking will last for the next three weeks, surpassing Sampras's record of 283 weeks. Well that makes ROME a pivotal tournament for them....

Are you certain? Didn't the points from Rome already come off?

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
Blue clay or black, a match is a match. The only way to shut your opponents up is to WIN that tournament. Nadal and Djokovic can't complain just because blue clay is not their forte. If the same argument were stretched, then ATP should listen to Andy Roddick and just get rid of the entire clay season. If you want to prove you are a top player, prove it on different surfaces. The court was not exclusively slippery for Nole and Nadal. Let's move past this bickering and see who wins the Rome championship. God Forbid, Nadal or Nole fails to clinch the title, I don't know what excuses will save their asses then.

I like that. I hope Roddick complains himself that clay doesn't suit him and hence all clay courts should be banished and replaced with faster courts and lets see then where grinders will be standing. Surely, they will be in front of their TVs.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/05/Features/Brain-Game-Federer-Fast-And-Furious-In-Madrid.aspx

Brain Game: Federer Fast & Furious In Madrid
Matua Madrid Open Final
by Craig O'Shannessy

© Getty Images
Roger Federer won close to two thirds of his points within three shots or less.
 Craig O'Shannessy breaks down the Mutua Madrid Open final.

Roger Federer relied heavily on first strike tennis to narrowly defeat Tomas Berdych in three sets in the final of the Mutua Madrid Open. The conditions in Madrid favoured attacking early in the point and both players were much more aggressive with their serve and return of serve than normal.

Federer was well rewarded for his aggressive play, winning almost two out of three points within the first three shots of the rally Ė unheard of in traditional clay-court tennis. Federer won 65 of 103 points (63%) for the match within the first three shots of the point.

Yet it was Berdych who set the tone of the match in the second game when he hammered two return winners in Federerís opening service game to get the initial break of the match.

More than half of total points (122/204 or 59.8%) ended within the first three shots of the rally as both players placed more emphasis on ending the point early rather than building a traditional clay-court rally from the back of the court.

Federer and Berdych brought more pressure on the service return than normal, combining to hit 10 return winners (five each).

Federerís four backhand return winners were all hit off second serves down the line in the Ad court, the No. 1 place on tour from which return winners are typically hit. The lone forehand winner was also hit from the Ad court, but it went cross court and skidded off the line past Berdychís racquet to give Federer a set point at 5-6, 15-40 in the second set.

Berdych hit four of his five return winners down the line (three Ad court, one Deuce court) as he looked to make points as short and aggressive as possible.

Below is a breakdown of the 122 points that lasted three shots or less.

Federer First Strike Points* Won Serving and Receiving.

Federer Aces

Federer Return Winners

Federer 1st Shot After Serve Winners

Federer Serve And First Volley Winners

Berdych 1st Shot After Serve Errors

Berdych Forehand Return Errors

Berdych Backhand Return Errors

Berdych Double Faults

Total First Strike Points Won
 65/103

Berdych was also following the same aggressive game plan and won 56% of his points within the first three shots of the rally.

Berdych First Strike Points Won Serving and Receiving

Berdych Aces

Berdych Return Winners

Berdych 1st Shot After Serve Winners

Berdych Serve & First Volley Winners

Federer 1st Shot After Serve Errors

Federer Forehand Return Errors

Federer Backhand Return Errors

Federer Double Faults

Total First Strike Points Won
 57/101

*First strike defined as points lasting three shots or less.

Craig O'Shannessy is the founder of the Brain Game , a tennis analysis website that uses extensive tagging, metrics and formulas to uncover the patterns and percentages behind the game.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »

Brain Game: Federer Fast & Furious In Madrid

Roger Federer won close to two thirds of his points within three shots or less.
The conditions in Madrid favoured attacking early in the point and both players were much more aggressive with their serve and return of serve than normal.

It took a week, but at least we're having the right discussion, now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:07:17 PM by Babblelot »