Author Topic: Nadal should SHUT his mouth and PLAY !!  (Read 4252 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Nadal should SHUT his mouth and PLAY !!
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »

oh, not the WTA  :\ stuff. It is different with guys and girls on so many different levels. I'm even surprised that Princess Serena decided to even show up here. Doesn't she play majors only? anyway,  why would she join Djokovic and Nadal? She always, uses power to win (not speed, not movement).

the wta stuff is try to make almost all the events combined to survive, Halle for example is going to expand facilities to make it, the rumor is that Montecarlo is going to be downgraded to 500 in favour of the new combined event in Rio, still no decision make about the surface in Rio. 

Serena has defeated Sharapova and that is almost better that to win the title, Azarenka and Sharapova are against the "surface". in the presser asked about the fluo balls for next year, she showed her fluo socks and said she would love to play with fluo balls, Serena is like that.
in the meantime same day Tiriac was joking he never had a problem with colours, "I liked the blondes, the readhead, the brunettes..."
Tiriac was saying this after a meeting with Miles, De Villiers and Helfant, the absent was the current atp boss Drewett and all 3 previous atp bosses made comments supporting Tiriac. Miles, "there's not a most innovative and competent leader in tennis", "show me a person who has not make a mistake" De Villiers, "fluo balls? people should not be afraid" Helfant.

Federer: " we need to talk, not only the top 10 and see what happens, say the bad things and find soulutions, we will see what happens in Rome and Paris and sure at Wimby nobody will talk about it".

Nole and Rafa shared til last year the same PR man. in fact the man splitted with Nole after last year Madrid final (the wild celebration of Nole). 

some more problems; the voluntaries at the event in revolt because they can't access main court, the website down 10 hours on tuesday and yesterday working so-so and the photographers also trying a revolt because only 30 have been granted access to the big matches.

the bottom line is that: this event has a history of trying so hard and in so many different ways to attract the media for whatever right or wrong reason that at least the media is starting to be really tired of it.
of all the european events I have been there's not another as bad as the one in the magic box. something very wrong when this week you follow the challengers in Athens, Rome and Brazil and not a circus that could be at the Caesar of Las vegas. GAME OVER. wishing Tiriac has no problems to find and move the circus to another country. 
the last word: event as an example of how not to make/build/run a "new 5th" major.   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:45:12 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 05:40:30 AM »
outside of cincinnatti which doesn't fit rafa's schedule quite well, djokovic has never beaten nadal on any fast court.......fastest hardcourt beijing, queen's, us open '10 were all taken by rafa.......they effed the uso surface in '11 and it looked frigging slow allowing djokovic plenty of time to execute his game.......
This is one of the most egregious posts I've ever read. Your blindness is so blatant. I can't believe you even believe what you write.
You are accepting what you like and disregarding easily what is irrelevant in your opinion. We say Wimbledon is now slow, you say no its the same. We say USOPEN 2010 was slow, now you claim its fast. Djokovic won last year the USOPEN and now it got slower again.
Come on man! Your points are so ambiguous as you dots ( ....... ) that it is really time-wasting.

wimbledon was slowed down in 2002 and since then it's been slow or been considered slow.......watch the finals of us open 2010 and 2011 again, you will notice a drastic difference between speeds.......

it takes more than ordinary followers to understand what i write.......nadal's game will be eaten alive on slow ass courts.......his biggest strength(his topspin forehand) is negated on slow courts.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »
fast surfaces don't hurt nadal.......i never understood where people get this idea from.......nadal has won every single fast court match against federer
That is such BS..

What about the YEC in London ?
What about wimbledon before they slowed it down ?

london world toast finals surface is the slowest hardcourt out there, it's not even slow, it's dead slow.......don't let those indoor conditions fool you.......just rewatch a few highlights and you will notice the speed.......tsonga was ripping forehands at 100 mph and they kept coming back.......he was on the brink of getting mad several times in that tournament.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2012, 05:50:16 AM »
it looks like djokovic too spoke against this surface......i think he is right but i am still not convinced with rafa's whining......

at least for verdasco he should have shut his mouth for two days at least.......when he had the courage to swallow that unfortunate 2009 loss to that not-so-friendly soderling at the most prestigious event french open, why the heck not keep quiet now for his friend verdasco and keep his mouth shut at least until verdasco lost.......

thumbs down, rafa.......

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2012, 06:10:33 AM »
it looks like djokovic too spoke against this surface......i think he is right but i am still not convinced with rafa's whining......

at least for verdasco he should have shut his mouth for two days at least.......when he had the courage to swallow that unfortunate 2009 loss to that not-so-friendly soderling at the most prestigious event french open, why the heck not keep quiet now for his friend verdasco and keep his mouth shut at least until verdasco lost.......

thumbs down, rafa.......

Verdasco has been the spanish paper boy of Tiriac since 2009. Verdasco is that kind of player that needs media attention. the decider in front of Tiriac was strange to me, up a double break, don't know, perhaps he had enough of the blue clay and the media. seems that Tiriac apologised to Rafa after the match but Santana tried to speak to Rafa and wasn't able. If Rafa decides "a murray-shoulder injury" and doesn't play next year, the tickets will not be sold. happened in Barcelona in 2009.  Romanian media on friday reporting that Tiriac is merely stepping away from the administrative side of things, and will remain as tournament owner and chairman.
all this blue clay controversy was discussed between the spanish players in Barcelona 2 weeks ago, at this moment, Santana and Moya know that Nadal is not alone, if they don't change for next year, Nadal and all the other spaniards will not play in Madrid, they are against Tiriac since the 2008 wildcard controversy against Ferrero, so Moya and Santana know it is not only Rafa, it is also Ferrer, Almagro, Lopez, Granolllers, Ferrero, Robredo, Andujar, Garcia-Lopez, Ramos, Gimeno-Traver, all, except the paper boy of Tiriac, Verdasco, have the same agenda and backed by the RFET. So, just imagine Madrid with only one local player. Tiriac knows this and should take a fluo note.   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:15:34 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 06:41:23 AM »
Hullo Conchita,

Great reading your postings from the inside!
Fact is that the Monte Carlo Open FELT like a 500 event. Perhaps the extra 500 is given for the beautiful location.
General feeling is that its long term existence would be ensured by local support if needed. The Principality depends on tourism to a huge degree. It was interesting to observe the degree to which Nadal was treated there like an honored citizen. Nole, who is one, less so.

Blue clay certainly looks awful on television.  :mad1:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Nadal should SHUT his mouth and PLAY !!
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 07:27:55 AM »
I like "watching" the matches on TV with the blue clay personally. And if it's too slippery for 2 players - the 2 top ranked players - then why are the others having success? Does the surface only hinder those 2 players? You have to adapt to whatever surface you face. Both  Novak and Rafa looked great in their winning matches. I just think their opponents played better than both of them did in their losses.

And regarding Nadal and slow/hard surfaces, I think actually it's not that - but maybe more the "bounce". He doesn't handle the courts with the lower bounces because he depends on the top spin and someone hitting backhands from around their shoulders. The court at the year end forces his balls to bounce lower and opponents can take advantage of his strokes there. In the 90's the courts were fast and low bouncing (especially at Wimbledon.) Players took their own chances if they stayed back in the court because you never knew what kind of bounce you'd get so they S&V almost every shot. Now at Wimbledon - you most times will get a truer bounce on the grass than you would on a clay court! Lol

Anyway - I'm just saying that on any surface, it would seem like if any player should be able to adapt - it should be the best 2 in the world over any other player.

And whether we "agree" or not with the blue clay - we need innovations in tennis or we would not have the replay system, or other good changes in tennis. I'm glad we have folks to say "why not try...." something different. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes you may have to tweak it a little, which it seems like they (this tournament), will be doing next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 07:56:09 AM »
thanks for the inside info, conchita.......good to know that he is stepping down now.......not only that, they should switch back rome to second in the clay series and ditch madrid to third where it rightly belongs.......

i don't hate tiriac but the thing which angered me a lot was sacrificing rome masters for madrid.......clay season got ruined once rome was pushed to last to accommodate the corporate blue s**tfest in madrid.......

natural surfaces should be left untouched.......this is the result if you try to mess with them......they are noble and cannot be messed with.......money obsessed fools ATP and individual tournament organizers should take notes from this black remark in history "blue clay" and shouldn't try to mess with the noble natural surfaces.......

the winner of this edition of madrid masters will be remembered for winning the one and only disgraced controversial tournament in history....... 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2012, 08:20:03 AM »
I like "watching" the matches on TV with the blue clay personally. And if it's too slippery for 2 players - the 2 top ranked players - then why are the others having success? Does the surface only hinder those 2 players? You have to adapt to whatever surface you face. Both  Novak and Rafa looked great in their winning matches. I just think their opponents played better than both of them did in their losses.

And regarding Nadal and slow/hard surfaces, I think actually it's not that - but maybe more the "bounce". He doesn't handle the courts with the lower bounces because he depends on the top spin and someone hitting backhands from around their shoulders. The court at the year end forces his balls to bounce lower and opponents can take advantage of his strokes there. In the 90's the courts were fast and low bouncing (especially at Wimbledon.) Players took their own chances if they stayed back in the court because you never knew what kind of bounce you'd get so they S&V almost every shot. Now at Wimbledon - you most times will get a truer bounce on the grass than you would on a clay court! Lol

Anyway - I'm just saying that on any surface, it would seem like if any player should be able to adapt - it should be the best 2 in the world over any other player.

And whether we "agree" or not with the blue clay - we need innovations in tennis or we would not have the replay system, or other good changes in tennis. I'm glad we have folks to say "why not try...." something different. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes you may have to tweak it a little, which it seems like they (this tournament), will be doing next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natural surfaces cannot be touched, dallas.......they don't paint cricket grounds violet or golf grounds pink or baseball grounds yellow.......so why do it in tennis.......there are artificial cement surfaces anyway for all that colourful unoriginal stuff......

red clay should be left as red clay.......green clay as green clay, and grass as grass.......

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »
wimbledon was slowed down in 2002 and since then it's been slow or been considered slow.......watch the finals of us open 2010 and 2011 again, you will notice a drastic difference between speeds.......

it takes more than ordinary followers to understand what i write.......nadal's game will be eaten alive on slow ass courts.......his biggest strength(his topspin forehand) is negated on slow courts.......
My friend, you are coming to conclusion based on what you see. Let me tell you that the speed of the game you observe at home is based on so many factors:
1. The position of the cameras in the stadium
2. The scaling effect of the broadcaster
3. Your TV/Monitor

What we see at home is an apparent illusion of the game. I thought this is already a common knowledge but since I am indulged to teach you, before I switched to HDTV the Paris tournament was playing slowly at home because the picture was boxed and the camera's zone of view was not focused entirely at the center of the court.
I remember watching some clay tournaments where the camera was slanted a bit and from simple observation you will come to the conclusion that the ball is very fast where in reality is the result of the camera.

So for you saying : go and watch bla bla bla tournament and notice the speed is pointless. The only way you can determine whether a court is fast or slow is through players' comments, full stop.
By watching all you get is illusion.

And saying that I watch tennis a little. I agree with you. I was born in the early 90s but it does not take a man long to figure out things and I guess that is why you have failed to appreciate the speed of the courts.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:12:01 AM by medwatt »
The world awaits no genius

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »
It had a lot of criticises on how slow of Wimbledon and Hard Court Tournaments for years. ATP made a lot of decision to change the court condition before this blue clay. Who is last one talke to media and complain how slow the hard court is? Martin Fish! He talked about I think during Miami Master. He said it is not suitable for aggressive styple of players, it is just too slow. The fact it is not the 1st time that ATP change the court condition it used to be.

It is what controversy build on, it is not the first time and different players complain different court condition. And fans jump into this controversy for supporting their players. One simple thing to ask have any other players complain how slow Wimbledon and Hard-court season are except Martin Fish or Federer's fans...etc? And this blue clay, I can see kind of opposited way in these arugment.

The whole arugement in this thread looks like it build on 『what kind of condition favour their players』and 『what kind of condition disadvantage my players』. I don't know.  ;-()

I think the solution can be ATP should back to classic condition. Like Wimblwdon has to be quickest. Clay has to be slowest. North Amercian Hard-Courts have to be fast hard-court. No one will aruge it I guess.

Back to blue clay, I don't think there is no way to improve. I like this colour much more than red and I hope they can improve it. If it is slippy then make it is not too slippy. That it! Simple and no argument from me!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:15:43 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:13 PM »
The whole arugement in this thread looks like it build on 『what kind of condition favour their players』and 『what kind of condition disadvantage my players』. I don't know.  ;-()

ok, so we don't realise the fiasco of the surface, the experiment went wrong. I thought the argument was, is this surface combined with altitude a good warmup for Roland Garros? if they stick to the blue clay you will know the answer next year when the draw will be make and you will see how many players choose to play in Madrid. What happened in Madrid is great news for the organisers of Rome, Barcelona, Munich, Belgrade, Estoril, Bucharest and Nice.

to find the answer add that Amelia Island green clay is history and Charleston, only event on green clay, starts just at the end of Miami.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:41:04 PM by conchita »

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
For me, I don't believe there is no way to improve it. Time will give us answer.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:50:21 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
For me, I don't believe there is no way to improve it. Time will give us answer.

I thought time will give us the asnswer about who choses the surfaces, the players or the organisers and if Tiriac has a free pass in the atp and he sticks to blue clay for next year, then I believe he wants a new place for the tournament in 2014, he is not going to sell the blue clay in Madrid and he knows that especially without Nadal. Reading some interviews of Tiriac today is just astonishing, he basically says they will get back to red clay if the atp/wta says so and takes the chance to go after Rafa and Nole, blaming their performances, public relations at his best.
about your improved surface, this is serious: the blue clay was introduced by the company Incotec-colorclay back in 2009, 3 years ago, they made 2 projects near barcelona, one was a disaster, the other was perfect and tested by players, last october 4 companies were biding to make the blue courts and at the end there were only two, Incotec-color clay and Ibersport.
Tiriac chose Ibersport to build the court instead of the long term project made by incotec-colorplay!!! strange!!!! and what is more strange is that Incotec-colorclay has the patent in Spain and the selection seems to be against the law, illegal 20000 m2 of blue clay at the Magic box, matter in the tribunals.  About the deal with ibersport some sources say it is a one year test deal but other sources say the deal with Tiriac is for 3 years of blue clay. the controversial deal is a secret and for example codirector Moya doesn't know if the deal is for 1 or 3 years. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:44:40 PM by conchita »

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »

I thought time will give us the asnswer about who choses the surfaces, the players or the organisers and if Tiriac has a free pass in the atp and he sticks to blue clay for next year, then I believe he wants a new place for the tournament in 2014, he is not going to sell the blue clay in Madrid and he knows that especially without Nadal. Reading some interviews of Tiriac today is just astonishing, he basically says they will get back to red clay if the atp/wta says so and takes the chance to go after Rafa and Nole, blaming their performances, public relations at his best.
about your improved surface, this is serious: the blue clay was introduced by the company Incotec-colorclay back in 2009, 3 years ago, they made 2 projects near barcelona, one was a disaster, the other was perfect and tested by players, last october 4 companies were biding to make the blue courts and at the end there were only two, Incotec-color clay and Ibersport.
Tiriac chose Ibersport to build the court instead of the long term project made by incotec-colorplay!!! strange!!!! and what is more strange is that Incotec-colorclay has the patent in Spain and the selection seems to be against the law, illegal 20000 m2 of blue clay at the Magic box, matter in the tribunals.  About the deal with ibersport some sources say it is a one year test deal but other sources say the deal with Tiriac is for 3 years of blue clay. the controversial deal is a secret and for example codirector Moya doesn't know if the deal is for 1 or 3 years.

Can you give me the reference and sources? It sounds like it is missing information for general public from your statement. I want to read it if they are still available.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:49:51 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »

Can you give me the reference and sources? It sounds like it is missing information for general public from your statement. I want to read it if they are still available.

it's in spanish, find an online translator,  sadly the foreign media doesn't know the whole story and only comes here thinking tennis in the country is Rafa.
http://www.puntodebreak.com/2012/05/11/la-organizacion-sabia-que-la-pista-resbalaria

and for those who have said that only Rafa and Nole complained, don't want to start quoting 20-30 players talking about the worst court they have ever played.
Delpo just said he is skating towards a dream for example, Nole invited Chuck Norris to take part in the event, Raonic talked about  smurfs, Stakhovsky worst surface on the tour, Schwank never played in a court as bad, Almagro saying is a miracle to stay on his feet,  Simon worst surface in the atp. Tsonga, Tipsy, Karlovic, Gasquet said it was figure skating.
it took 6 days of competition until Santana on wedesday made the presser talking about the wrong surface and the criticism of players, he went on to say they worked the night before til 4:00 am to fix problems. 
I already mentioned the strike of voluntees and photographers started yesterday, and that on tuesday the media room was without internet for 10 hours and the livescore of the atp not working and the tv broadcast with no audio.
Santana said one of the most dramatic words in his whole tennis career talking about the fiasco of the event.
in the meantime Tiriac still talking about fluo balls and Helfant used his quality vote to go ahead with the blue clay, now he says people should not be afraid of fluo balls.  Nole ripped Helfant yesterday, Helfant stepped down last december and was replaced by australian Drewett, the new atp ceo has said the surface of the court must improve and no to the fluo balls.
the event has been called by the local media as the big disaster of the pro tennis tour.
let me add the tickets are more expensive than at Roland Garros and when Azarenka and Radwanska entered the court to play the semi, the court was empty, yes, empty.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:58:42 PM by conchita »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »
If Nadal was in the final tomorrow, Nad-tards would be singing a different tune. They are pure bandwagoners.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Nadal never takes a break during this time of the year.

He was lucky to lose today, he'll get some needed rest for the heavy schedule coming up.

affirmative.

one door closes, another one waiting to be opened.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »

My friend, you are coming to conclusion based on what you see. Let me tell you that the speed of the game you observe at home is based on so many factors:
1. The position of the cameras in the stadium
2. The scaling effect of the broadcaster
3. Your TV/Monitor

What we see at home is an apparent illusion of the game. I thought this is already a common knowledge but since I am indulged to teach you, before I switched to HDTV the Paris tournament was playing slowly at home because the picture was boxed and the camera's zone of view was not focused entirely at the center of the court.
I remember watching some clay tournaments where the camera was slanted a bit and from simple observation you will come to the conclusion that the ball is very fast where in reality is the result of the camera.

So for you saying : go and watch bla bla bla tournament and notice the speed is pointless. The only way you can determine whether a court is fast or slow is through players' comments, full stop.
By watching all you get is illusion.

And saying that I watch tennis a little. I agree with you. I was born in the early 90s but it does not take a man long to figure out things and I guess that is why you have failed to appreciate the speed of the courts.

of course some of it is my own observation but this time i am speaking based on stats, something which fedtards love to do all the time.......there's an ITF website on surface speeds, you can check the surface speeds atp tournaments.......world tour finals is the slowest hardcourt right up there with indian wells.......miami is slightly quicker but high humidity slows down the play there as well......

they slowed down paris and us open last year.......even the players spoke about the slowness.......and guess who spoke about it first - your favourite whose last 6 titles came on slow hardcourts quite hilariously.......

slow courts hurt nadal more than djokovic and federer whose game depends on picking players apart from the baseline, picking the sides and corners, they need time to execute their game to the max ability.......on slow courts, federer has time to run around his weak backhand and dictate with his forehand.......djokovic loves to pick a target and shoot all day as well.......

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »
Here's some quote's from Nadal:

ďThe tournament here cannot be better, itís fantastic. Itís one of the best for the public and followers of tennis. If I lose here itís because Iím not as good as I should be, not because of the courts.Ē
Ė Rafael Nadal, speaking about the Madrid tournament after defeating Davydenko in the 1st round, May 9, 2012
__
ĒBeing able to move is very important for me and if I canít move well, I canít hit the ball well either. If things donít change, this will be one less tournament on the calendar for me. This surface destabilizes the game. It is a completely different game and I donít want to take risks.í
Ė Rafael Nadal, speaking about the Madrid tournament after losing to Verdasco in the 2nd round, May 10, 2012.

:confused1: :confused1: