Author Topic: ATP - Roma Masters, 12-20 May 2012  (Read 10670 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - Roma Masters, 12-20 May 2012
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
fast courts don't suit fed.......that is just a myth.......

Yes I didn't see Fed just dominate the 2011 indoor season, oh wait....

it looks like you really din't see the 2011 indoor season or even any of the indoor events after 2005.......gone are the days when indoors used to be fast.......these days they are the slowest courts out there.......even rome, madrid, barcelona, estoril play faster than most indoor events.......

london world toast finals is just ridiculously slow........absolute slow ass court with no pace off the ground.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
The fact is that we hardly have any fast courts left. You cannot serve and volley your way to victory. Injuries are higher and will be only higher hence forth. The officials are making every tennis match out there a slug fest. Hope they do something about it. Its killing  variety.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »
Djokovic played his usual sh!t in early rounds. Kudos to Pico tho. very windy, tough conditions but Djoko always finds the way.

just watching, Wawa vs. Seppi, great match so far

compared to his peers, djokovic's relatively subpar movement on this surface has been exposed once again today, alex........his habit of sliding on hardcourts has lead to this ugly movement on clay.......

i noticed his ordinary movement on the surface not now but one year ago when he was winning everything left, right and center.......he has no control on the slide on clay courts.......he cannot stop and turn in a flash like he does on hardcourts.......

he focused and trained too much for hardcourts and he will pay the price for it.......that is just now how you move on the surface.......he probably needs to watch his own videos of 2007 and 2008 and rediscover his once good movement on the surface.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »
wow, what a comeback from Seppi. great match. love the match. so much drama. Italians are going crazy  :)). you see guys, there is some great tennis where Djokovic, Fed and Nadal are not involved  :)~ :)).

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
Djokovic played his usual sh!t in early rounds. Kudos to Pico tho. very windy, tough conditions but Djoko always finds the way.

just watching, Wawa vs. Seppi, great match so far

compared to his peers, djokovic's relatively subpar movement on this surface has been exposed once again today, alex........his habit of sliding on hardcourts has lead to this ugly movement on clay.......

i noticed his ordinary movement on the surface not now but one year ago when he was winning everything left, right and center.......he has no control on the slide on clay courts.......he cannot stop and turn in a flash like he does on hardcourts.......

he focused and trained too much for hardcourts and he will pay the price for it.......that is just now how you move on the surface.......he probably needs to watch his own videos of 2007 and 2008 and rediscover his once good movement on the surface.......
shank, I wouldn't call it ugly. Nole has been sliding on all courts all of his life. You might not like it, but I do. when you say 'he'll pay the price for it' ... I get scared a bit because you are assuming he'll get injured. I don't want to any player to get injured. Nole is a gummy man  :)).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
i don't mean to say he will get injured.......i meant his form on clay will be affected because of it.......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »
i don't mean to say he will get injured.......i meant his form on clay will be affected because of it.......
but, again he's been playing like that all the time, nothing really new ... not sure what you really mean  :confused1:. on the other hand, why not have your signature saying something about Rafa ... not sure why you are getting so obsessed with Novak  :). Are you becoming a Djoko fan  :whistle:?

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
I don't like the tone you speak with. Talking with such a self-assured manner as if you have a 6th sense of perception that we don't have saying Djokovic will pay the price.
Let me tell you what triggered you to say that : It is a wish deep within you manifested as a clairvoyant post.
All of us can come up with statements but its not relevant until it actually happens. How many people have said Nadal would have packed his luggage by 26, but did it happen ?
I have been registered here for some 2/3 years now and I still have less than 500 posts because I keep my assumptions to myself.
The world awaits no genius

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »
but, again he's been playing like that all the time, nothing really new ... not sure what you really mean  :confused1:. on the other hand, why not have your signature saying something about Rafa ... not sure why you are getting so obsessed with Novak  :). Are you becoming a Djoko fan  :whistle:?
Alex, you took that right out of my mouth. I think Djokovic has not only bewitched Nadal but his fans. I will dare Shank to answer to  how many times Djokovic has appeared in his dreams ?
The world awaits no genius

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »
Alex, you took that right out of my mouth. I think Djokovic has not only bewitched Nadal but his fans. I will dare Shank to answer to  how many times Djokovic has appeared in his dreams ?
well here is the thing. I've known Shank for a long time and I guess I'm trying to be politically correct. I understand that we all have our favorite players ... as much as I like a goofy Nole (and again I've been his fan when he was a nobody back in 2006).  I also, like many other players and I don't feel so fanatical about Djokovic.

Shank, please don't take this personally, nothing against you bud, but you just sometimes appear to be completely obsessed with Nadal.  It goes so far that I feel you'd like something bad to happen to Novak so Rafa can make it. It might be just my impression, but it's not cool at all.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:54:33 PM by Alex »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2012, 02:59:26 PM »
Wow, is Murray in any danger of slipping to #5 anytime soon?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »
Wow, is Murray in any danger of slipping to #5 anytime soon?
don't think so. there is still a huge gap between Murray and the rest of the field.

Fed is really playing very well. so smooth.

on the other hand, Ferrero is such a great player ... enjoying his game so much. good match so far, Alex is happy  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:57:47 PM by Alex »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
Is anyone else surprised at Tsonga's 6-4 6-1 victory over Del Potro? Del Potro's been pretty great of late, at least pretty solid. And he's beaten Jo pretty comfortably even on clay. I'm surprised, either Jo played really well or Del Potro had an off day.

Either that or we are now watching the new phase of Del Potro's career.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »
Is anyone else surprised at Tsonga's 6-4 6-1 victory over Del Potro? Del Potro's been pretty great of late, at least pretty solid. And he's beaten Jo pretty comfortably even on clay. I'm surprised, either Jo played really well or Del Potro had an off day.

Either that or we are now watching the new phase of Del Potro's career.
DP looked flat to me. I expected a much closer match. disappointed with DP. not much to say  :\.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2012, 04:24:12 PM »
Ferrero takes the second set ... gosh, beautiful tennis ... Am I the only one watching this match?  :lmao: .... so good to see good old Ferrero playing so well against God.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
Djokovic, Nadal and Federer win his matches.

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »
Ferrero takes the second set ... gosh, beautiful tennis ... Am I the only one watching this match?  :lmao: .... so good to see good old Ferrero playing so well against God.

beautiful tennis.....  exactly   :)

Ferrero is such class act plus he is so good looking  :gleam:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »

beautiful tennis.....  exactly   :)

Ferrero is such class act plus he is so good looking  :gleam:
congrats to Fed, but Ferrero was just awesome ... I really wish, he could win some tournaments before he retires, what a player ... I guess I'm nostalgic ... I"ve expected so much from him ... love him. super classy guy ...

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »
it looks like you really din't see the 2011 indoor season or even any of the indoor events after 2005.......gone are the days when indoors used to be fast.......these days they are the slowest courts out there.......even rome, madrid, barcelona, estoril play faster than most indoor events.......

london world toast finals is just ridiculously slow........absolute slow ass court with no pace off the ground.......

So what you're saying is Federer is even greater for winning on courts that don't reward his shotmaking... Wow Shankar I'm impressed!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »
[7] Tomas Berdych (CZE) d [12] Nicolas Almagro (ESP) 76(3) 63 in 2h1' - this is frustrating, but I'm hoping Berdych starts to live up to expectations. He's playing well now. I'm thinking he has a chance to overtake Murray before all is said and done.

Seppi! What a result :applause:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif