Author Topic: ATP - Roma Masters, 12-20 May 2012  (Read 10607 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - Roma Masters, 12-20 May 2012
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »
Just give Nadal the title already, he's unplayable again.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
what a match......great quality.......robbie koenig said the same thing.......berdych striking like a beast and nadal the brickwall passing him left and right.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:57 AM »
another naderer final or another nadovic final? which will happen?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
it looks like you really din't see the 2011 indoor season or even any of the indoor events after 2005.......gone are the days when indoors used to be fast.......these days they are the slowest courts out there.......even rome, madrid, barcelona, estoril play faster than most indoor events.......

london world toast finals is just ridiculously slow........absolute slow ass court with no pace off the ground.......

So what you're saying is Federer is even greater for winning on courts that don't reward his shotmaking... Wow Shankar I'm impressed!

i won't say he is an out and out slow courts player but slow courts don't hurt him one bit.......on slow courts, he has time to picks his spots and shoot all day.......that's the reason why he could beat nadal only in hamburg(which is the slowest clay court by some distance) but on no other clay court.......madrid 2009 was a no contest because of that historic semifinal as you know.......

somebody on tenniswarehouse came up with stats of the last 7 years about who won the most on slow courts.......fed is first, djokovic is second and nadal is a close third......djokovic will be the first if you consider plexicushion a slow court......

i lost that post, shall post it when i find it again......

Please see a doctor without delay if possible. Calm down, your malady is not terminal. You have a slight anomality in your CNS (central nervous system).  ||-| Slow signals are greatly incremented.

:bright idea: WARNING : It is contagious among close relatives. Clay Death and Falcon. Keep your distances.  :nono:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:34:00 AM by medwatt »
The world awaits no genius

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
it looks like you really din't see the 2011 indoor season or even any of the indoor events after 2005.......gone are the days when indoors used to be fast.......these days they are the slowest courts out there.......even rome, madrid, barcelona, estoril play faster than most indoor events.......

london world toast finals is just ridiculously slow........absolute slow ass court with no pace off the ground.......

So what you're saying is Federer is even greater for winning on courts that don't reward his shotmaking... Wow Shankar I'm impressed!

i won't say he is an out and out slow courts player but slow courts don't hurt him one bit.......on slow courts, he has time to picks his spots and shoot all day.......that's the reason why he could beat nadal only in hamburg(which is the slowest clay court by some distance) but on no other clay court.......madrid 2009 was a no contest because of that historic semifinal as you know.......

somebody on tenniswarehouse came up with stats of the last 7 years about who won the most on slow courts.......fed is first, djokovic is second and nadal is a close third......djokovic will be the first if you consider plexicushion a slow court......

i lost that post, shall post it when i find it again......

Please see a doctor without delay if possible. Calm down, your malady is not terminal. You have a slight anomality in your CNS (central nervous system).  ||-| Slow signals are greatly incremented.

:bright idea: WARNING : It is contagious among close relatives. Clay Death and Falcon. Keep your distances.  :nono:

haha you ignorant bimbo, you are just butthurt because you are being taught.......when you don't know s**t, don't talk.......

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »
haha you ignorant bimbo, you are just butthurt because you are being taught.......when you don't know s**t, don't talk.......
Thanks for telling me in your way.
The world awaits no genius

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »
c'mon guys (Med and Shank) ... behave, although Shank, you are really going crazy lately ... I hope Nadal wins Rome so you are going to feel better  :)~, your health is more important to me than Djokovic  :)). bud, you really need to tone it down, don't get me wrong ... but you DO. 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »
Hey folks...stop talking as if Roger is already in the SF.  He has ONE match to go and Seppi will give it everything he has since the crowd will be behind him.  I have to take it ONE MATCH AT A TIME!!!!

So far...Ferrer v Nadal (another Nadal victory). it's what - 4-14? in Nadal's favor and only ONE of those wins by Ferrer was on clay (I believe their first match).  I like Ferrer but seems like he just doesn't have the weapons to beat Nadal.

Then.... Novak vs the winner of Roger/Seppi.  I truly  hope Roger can come through this match.  We will see later!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
strange match (Djoko vs. Tsonga). the first set was like from the WTA book. then the second one, Nole put his sh!t together and sent Tsonga away, proving why he is #1.

btw, I hate TSN. not sure how many Canadians we have here, but I had to watch some live stream sh!t  on the internet,  while they were broadcasting last night match ... I'm so annoyed ... stupid idiots. TSN I HATE YOU, HOPE THAT SOMEONE FROM YOUR SH!TTY NETWORK IS READING THIS ... enough of freaking hokey and sh!t... are you really that cheap that you can't let us watch tennis? I'm paying $150 a month (with all sport channels included)  for stupid TV, and I can't even see a decent tennis match on TV ...

OK, sorry guys, I had to vent,  :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
let's pause 10 seconds for station identification

Friday, 18 May, 2012

Men's Singles - Quarter-finals

[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) d. [5] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 75 61 in 1h23'
[2] Rafael Nadal (ESP) d. [7] Tomas Berdych (CZE) 64 75 in 2h6'
[3] Roger Federer (SUI) d. Andreas Seppi (ITA) 61 62 in 54'
[6] David Ferrer (ESP) d. [16] Richard Gasquet (FRA) 76(4) 63 in 1h47'

Men's Doubles - Quarter-finals
[7] Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) / Rohan Bopanna (IND) d. [1] Max Mirnyi (BLR) / Daniel Nestor (CAN) 64 75 in 1h9'
Lukasz Kubot (POL) / Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) d [2] Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA) 64 64 in 1h12'
Marcel Granollers (ESP) / Marc Lopez (ESP) d [3] Michael Llodra (FRA) / Nenad Zimonjic (SRB) 64 62 in 1h12'
[4] Robert Lindstedt (SWE) / Horia Tecau (ROU) d [6] Mariusz Fyrstenberg (POL) / Marcin Matkowski (POL) 62 16 12-10 in 1h22'
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:00:52 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
Saturday, 19 May 2012 - Order Of Play

CENTRALE Start 12:00 noon

[8] Na Li (CHN) v [9] Serena Williams (USA)
Not Before 1:30 PM
[12] Angelique Kerber (GER) v [2] Maria Sharapova (RUS)

Not Before 4:00 PM
[6] David Ferrer (ESP) v [2] Rafael Nadal (ESP)
Not Before 8:00 PM
[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) v [3] Roger Federer (SUI)
[7] Mahesh Bhupathi (IND) / Rohan Bopanna (IND) v Marcel Granollers (ESP) / Marc Lopez (ESP)

PIETRANGELI Start 12:00 noon
Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) / Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Jamie Hampton (USA) / Anna Tatishvili (GEO)
Not Before 2:00 PM
[4] Robert Lindstedt (SWE) / Horia Tecau (ROU) v Lukasz Kubot (POL) / Janko Tipsarevic (SRB)

Not Before 4:00 PM
[1] Liezel Huber (USA) / Lisa Raymond (USA) v [3] Sara Errani (ITA) / Roberta Vinci (ITA)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:01:24 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:Good on Conchita!

Alex, I have the TennisTV app on my phone (had to pay a subscription for)...but it's worth it whenever I'm not at home to actually watch matches;
Then I have the subscription TennisTV on my computer.  This is great when I miss matches because they have the "catch up" button and you can re-watch all the matches.  Then I have Tennis Channel on my television.  Man, I need to find out exactly how much money I'm spending on tennis in a year!!!! :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:Good on Conchita!

Alex, I have the TennisTV app on my phone (had to pay a subscription for)...but it's worth it whenever I'm not at home to actually watch matches;
Then I have the subscription TennisTV on my computer.  This is great when I miss matches because they have the "catch up" button and you can re-watch all the matches.  Then I have Tennis Channel on my television.  Man, I need to find out exactly how much money I'm spending on tennis in a year!!!! :rofl_2:
but you can't get Tennis TV in Canada. It's not available. It's just stupid. I tried, I phoned my TV provider and no ... not available... meh, still so pissed, sorry guys ... I'm getting ready to watch Roger on another crappy live stream link ... so frustrating ... sick and tired of watching tennis on my computer ... looking for links, watching horrible adds ... I have the fastest internet connection here and it still sucks ...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:22:45 PM by Alex »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »
c'mon guys (Med and Shank) ... behave, although Shank, you are really going crazy lately ... I hope Nadal wins Rome so you are going to feel better  :)~, your health is more important to me than Djokovic  :)). bud, you really need to tone it down, don't get me wrong ... but you DO.

hold on, alex.......this is the clay season.......so it's not that i am going crazy......it's just that people like you are behaving hyper protectively.......all i said was about djokovic's movement.......

if you can't take a simple constructive criticism like that, you are the last one to speak about health and medwatt is even below you in that regard.......he/she seems to have fits the moment somebody points a finger at his/her god.......

when you don't know stuff, it doesn't hurt to learn from others.......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »

hold on, alex.......this is the clay season.......so it's not that i am going crazy......it's just that people like you are behaving hyper protectively.......all i said was about djokovic's movement.......

if you can't take a simple constructive criticism like that, you are the last one to speak about health and medwatt is even below you in that regard.......he/she seems to have fits the moment somebody points a finger at his/her god.......

when you don't know stuff, it doesn't hurt to learn from others.......
no, bud I can take any type of constrictive criticism, no problem there at all ...

but, then you say 'it doesn't hurt to learn from others ... so confused ...no, I'm not hyper protective as you put it ... I just find you to be crazy about Nadal ...

btw, let's put this to rest ... I don't want to fight with you  :) 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:55:51 PM by Alex »

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
Djokovic is the favorite in Rome.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
Can poor David Ferrer ever beat Nadal on clay?
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
Berdych needs to stop Chocking at pivotal points........

Sound like you are talking to me with that statement!  Ugh! :rofl_2:

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
Can poor David Ferrer ever beat Nadal on clay?

Your previous comment, that thy should hand Nadal the trophy, probably answers this question FEDFANFOREVER!

I'm not sure I want anyone to beat anyone else. Despite having my favourites, I'd rather see a great match. On that basis, & on past form, I doubt if Ferrer can give Nadal a battle.  I'm not sure about handing Nadal the trophy, as Djokovic made short work of Tsonga today & I think is playing better & better here,  but Nadal looks set to get to the final.   

Well done to Ferrer for getting past Gasquet in straight sets. He consistenly gets deep into these tournaments &  deserves his ranking. What a pity that he often comes unstuck when trying to win against the top four.  But that broken record could play for so many of these players. 

Berdych played well but it was obviously insufficient against a focused & determined Nadal.  He should nevertheless take heart from his excellent performance in Madrid & here.

Djokovic was finding his momentum at first & the breaks back & forth in the first set was the result. But once settled, he made short work of Tsonga in the second.   Those who write Djokovic off to successfully defend his title here might be a little premature.

I'm disappointed to note that Federer is scheduled for these late matches. If he gets through, he'll have to play a SF scheduled earlier, giving him less rest time than others.  Whislt he is unlikely to complain, I think he should do so. After all, why should being a moaning git be the sole prerogative of some others!!  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:13:57 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
Djokovic is the favorite in Rome.
could I nominate this as the post of the month :rofl_2:. I guess I need to open up a new thread  :gleam: :rofl_2:.