Author Topic: ATP - Roma Masters, 12-20 May 2012  (Read 14372 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - Roma Masters, 12-20 May 2012
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2012, 08:22:59 AM »
darn, missed the match  :(. I was sleeping. Congrats to Nadal and his fans.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »
Happy birthday Dallas!

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
that was a good match. Rafa and Djoko has some great gets. Yay Rafa!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
there was one forehand slice get from nadal which was just out of this world.......there was no way he was winning that point but he somehow did.......djokovic knew he was playing a different player out there compared to last year.......

it's 2-0 to nadal since montecarlo and is sure to build.......it's going to be called streak 2.0 hereafter........a streak which is simply bigger, better than 1.0 last year of djokovic and is of more significance because of the "bouncing back" attribute of the streak.......

who's greater? a fresh boxer who delivers 7 punches in a row or a totally thumped boxer hitting back and delivering knock out punches with more intensity? definitely the latter.......

streak 2.0 is going to build.......nadal does not want to loosen the grip anytime soon....... 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »
Saw the first set, Djokovic seemed unsteady and too many errors.

Also Djokovic didn't seem to have the steel resolve and looked like a few years ago, good but troubled when things didn't go his way.

A lot of players have made great strides but one of the tests of a champion is when things fall apart, will they regroup. This remains to be seen from Djokovic.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
affirmative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
Ugly tennis... And Djokovic's game is completely sterotyped. He also has a hard time finishing the points.
Nadal is moving well, defending in squash shots, etc.
Actually, he was playing excellent in the first few games, with good length, pace, and agressivity, but then started to play more passively, with high balls...His shots became a bit shorter by the end of the first set, but Djokovic was not even able to take advantage of this. In fact, he looks a bit scared to hit some shots sometimes, and is missing some easy ones.

Edit: nice matchpoint, it reflects the match: Djokovic self-destructing.
He looked frustrated out there. Maybe he was too sure of himself, hence couldn't bear the fact that Nadal "resisted" him...very strange, he looked like 2 years ago.

I missed the match. Very nice synopsis, Pam. Shame Nole is crumbling but I like what you said about him becoming stereotypical.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:42:10 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »
ROME (AP) Rafael Nadal showed he's still the man to beat on clay, defeating Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-3 Monday in a rain-delayed final to win his record sixth Italian Open and regain the No. 2 ranking.

After losing to Djokovic in seven straight finals - including Rome last year - Nadal has now won two straight against the top-ranked Serb after also capturing the Monte Carlo Masters on clay. Nadal also moved ahead of Roger Federer in the rankings with the French Open starting Sunday.

''I don't think I played that well. I can do better,'' Nadal said. ''When you are not serving 100 percent perfect then you are in trouble because he returns hard. I am trying to play more aggressive and I am hitting the ball better than last year.''

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »
Do you guys know when do they take out the points for last year's Roland Garros??????

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »
ROME (AP) Rafael Nadal showed he's still the man to beat on clay, defeating Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-3 Monday in a rain-delayed final to win his record sixth Italian Open and regain the No. 2 ranking.

After losing to Djokovic in seven straight finals - including Rome last year - Nadal has now won two straight against the top-ranked Serb after also capturing the Monte Carlo Masters on clay. Nadal also moved ahead of Roger Federer in the rankings with the French Open starting Sunday.

''I don't think I played that well. I can do better,'' Nadal said. ''When you are not serving 100 percent perfect then you are in trouble because he returns hard. I am trying to play more aggressive and I am hitting the ball better than last year.''

moron this clay warrior. who the hell is he kidding anyway.

he calls playing 20 miles behind the baseline "trying to play aggressive".

imbecile and a clueless imbecile at that.

next time just try returning from downtown rome moron. or stay in your car so the ball doesnt hit you.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
relax, hercules.......yesterday he just did what was needed to be done.......he himself agreed that he can do better than that........and also with an aggressive approach, he would have played right into djokovic's hands........

so i thought he did the right thing by staying defensive and executed perfect clay court tennis which is nothing but making the opponent commit unforced errors.......he showed a lot of patience.......that's how tennis on clay is supposed to be.......

clueless imbeciles are those who think that djokovic deserved the win because he hit more winners.......can it get any ridiculous than that? it's really moronic how people come to conclusions without having a clue about clay court tennis.......

convey my greetings to super di, dee, mimi and and the glorious company of the castle........   
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
not sure what I'm missing, but Nadal won ... again, I didn't see the match, so I can't really comment ... Rafa beating Nole 2 times after losing 7 straight finals is a pretty big thing

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »
relax, hercules.......yesterday he just did what was needed to be done.......he himself agreed that he can do better than that........and also with an aggressive approach, he would have played right into djokovic's hands........

so i thought he did the right thing by staying defensive and executed perfect clay court tennis which is nothing but making the opponent commit unforced errors.......he showed a lot of patience.......that's how tennis on clay is supposed to be.......

clueless imbeciles are those who think that djokovic deserved the win because he hit more winners.......can it get any ridiculous than that? it's really moronic how people come to conclusions without having a clue about clay court tennis.......

convey my greetings to super di, dee, mimi and and the glorious company of the castle........   

affirmative general shanks. it good to win when you are not playing anywhere close to your capabilities.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2012, 10:15:42 PM »
not sure what I'm missing, but Nadal won ... again, I didn't see the match, so I can't really comment ... Rafa beating Nole 2 times after losing 7 straight finals is a pretty big thing

you are missing a bottle of scotch of course.

better go get one and get the packet ready to ship to me.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
what's up hercules, alex and company? alex, stock up 7 or 8 scotch bottles and send them one by one......."streak 2.0" has begun.......

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:19:51 AM by Start da Game »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »

you forgot, I prefer vodka, lol ...

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
what's up hercules, alex and company? alex, stock up 7 or 8 scotch bottles and send them one by one......."streak 2.0" has begun.......
lol, it's not very easy to fight both of you and Herc (you are like Brian's bros) at the same time, but I'm trying  :)). OH WELL, DJOKOVIC IS WINNING RG THIS YEAR  :gleam:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »
brian bros?

:rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
brian bros?

:rofl_2:
gosh, we are are like one big dysfunctional family  :). Gloria will survive, if you know what I mean  :gleam:

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »

you forgot, I prefer vodka, lol ...

you will get grey goose one day when you win.

i am winning this bet general alex. better go find a 12 year old bottle of single malt scotch.
PRAY FOR DEATH