Tennis4you Community > T4U New Members Introductions

Hello from Canada!

(1/2) > >>

SimonSNET:
Hi T4U,

My name is Simon and have been an avid tennis fan my whole life! Always looking to improve my game. One thing I'm particularly interested in is the psychology part of tennis, like how to maintain a strong mental state during matches. Nadal's one of the best in that regard but I wonder if there's anything a regular joe like me can do about it.

SimonSNET:
As an aside I also started a free site called the StringingNetwork.com - it's meant to help tennis players find local racquet stringers. However I don't want to overstep my bounds in this forum so I'll delete this post if so. Thanks!

monstertruck:
Welcome to T4U!

Don't forget to start a journal. :)

I think the mental side of tennis is every bit as fascinating as the physical.

The stringing network is a great idea.

UphillSkier:
Of course the mental side of tennis is a huge part of the game, amateur and professional.  The great thing is that some us who can't hope to get past a certain technical level can without restriction perfect our psychological game and beat players who technically are beyond us.

I have several books on the mental side of tennis.  I refer to them often.  Several have been worth many re-reads.

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: UphillSkier on July 17, 2012, 08:00:33 AM ---Of course the mental side of tennis is a huge part of the game, amateur and professional.  The great thing is that some us who can't hope to get past a certain technical level can without restriction perfect our psychological game and beat players who technically are beyond us.

I have several books on the mental side of tennis.  I refer to them often.  Several have been worth many re-reads.

--- End quote ---

Which ones in particular to you revisit?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version