Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) FRENCH OPEN OFFICIAL THREAD, May 27-June 10, 2012  (Read 20330 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: 2012 (MEN) FRENCH OPEN OFFICIAL THREAD, May 27-June 10, 2012
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
yeah shank, Nadal's looking pretty sharp so far as expected. Good for 'your boy'..
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »
wow, the Monaco vs. Raonic match was fantastic. I really like Monaco, but I'm heart  broken that Raonic didn't make it  :(.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »
yeah shank, Nadal's looking pretty sharp so far as expected. Good for 'your boy'..

rafa looks unstoppable.......schwank is a far better player than that on clay but was reduced to nothing.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »

rafa looks unstoppable.......schwank is a far better player than that on clay but was reduced to nothing.......

Are we talking about the same player?  The Schwank I know is #192 ranked in the world and lost first round in the French in 2009 and 2010 and did not play it at all in 2011....that's the "far better player than that on clay" you're talking about? :innocent:  I admit he's a better 'DOUBLE' player...but he played like I thought he would against Nadal considering Nadal's dominance on the surface and Schwank's game.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »
 :zipped:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
From the looks of it, Nadal will most likely take the RG title.. he looks unstoppable, he is sharp and feeling the clay like I haven't seen him before.. Good for him.. I like Nadal..
But I would like to see him tested... and as far as I ca see, no one is going to test him until "probaby" ferrer at SF.. and we all know what happens when 1 spaniard plays against Nadal, either way, it wouldn't matter, Nadal will take this title no matter who is on the other side of the court...

I have to say though Shank.. you were previously complaining about how fast this clay court played.. I didn't see you complaining when all surfaces were "homogenuous" and Wimbledon plays like clay... If you are going to complaint about these courts, then you should do the same with AO, Wimbledon and so many other tournies...

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »

Are we talking about the same player?  The Schwank I know is #192 ranked in the world and lost first round in the French in 2009 and 2010 and did not play it at all in 2011....that's the "far better player than that on clay" you're talking about? :innocent:  I admit he's a better 'DOUBLE' player...but he played like I thought he would against Nadal considering Nadal's dominance on the surface and Schwank's game.

Take that NERDAL..........

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »
It is high time Ferrer make his peace with Nadal in the Quarters, or it is semi's.............. :)>>>>

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »
memo to all adversaries in battle:

pray for death.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »

pray for death.
Rafa should  pray, Novak is coming  :)~ ... get that bottle of grey goose ready for me General Herc  :)~ :)~

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2012, 10:46:48 PM »

he once took out moya in roland garros.......has 15 titles on clay on the challengers and futures circuit.......but yes, against rafa all that doesn't matter.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
From the looks of it, Nadal will most likely take the RG title.. he looks unstoppable, he is sharp and feeling the clay like I haven't seen him before.. Good for him.. I like Nadal..
But I would like to see him tested... and as far as I ca see, no one is going to test him until "probaby" ferrer at SF.. and we all know what happens when 1 spaniard plays against Nadal, either way, it wouldn't matter, Nadal will take this title no matter who is on the other side of the court...

I have to say though Shank.. you were previously complaining about how fast this clay court played.. I didn't see you complaining when all surfaces were "homogenuous" and Wimbledon plays like clay... If you are going to complaint about these courts, then you should do the same with AO, Wimbledon and so many other tournies...

AO is actually faster now on the plexi than on the slow rebound ace........only this year plexi looked slower.......even the us open looked slow only last year.......wimbledon has been playing medium fast for 10 years now.......

most ridiculous of all changes is french open.......

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
Shank, how can you say that most ridiculous of all changes is french open?? the most ridiculous changes have been made at wimbledon..
Ball is bouncing 35-40% HIGHER than 2000, ball is going slower by 15-20%, S&V is a thing of the past for Wimbledon, and so on.. I mean, the tournament with the most tradition in the sport is playing like "green" fast clay...

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
Shank, how can you say that most ridiculous of all changes is french open?? the most ridiculous changes have been made at wimbledon..
Ball is bouncing 35-40% HIGHER than 2000, ball is going slower by 15-20%, S&V is a thing of the past for Wimbledon, and so on.. I mean, the tournament with the most tradition in the sport is playing like "green" fast clay...

slowing down wimbledon was somewhat understandable.......grass by its very nature is lively and plays quite fast as it is.......great servers becker, sampras, goran etc were hitting humanly unreturnable serves using old frames and natural gut rackets........with these new rackets and latest strings, it would be almost impossible to return serve if the grass was just as fast.......

i think they have finally found the balance on the surface.......good serves are still rewarded.......roddick with no backhand could make 3 finals on the surface.......players can serve and volley with few tweaks to their game but they just don't choose to.......

on the other hand they sped up french open unnecessarily.......there was no need to change it......french open was fast clay as it is.......now it's like a fast hardcourt.......

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2012, 07:30:41 AM »

pray for death.
Rafa should  pray, Novak is coming  :)~ ... get that bottle of grey goose ready for me General Herc  :)~ :)~

Novak is GOING !!! He is a set and 4-3 down in the second with Seppi serving.
The world awaits no genius

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »

slowing down wimbledon was somewhat understandable.......grass by its very nature is lively and plays quite fast as it is.......great servers becker, sampras, goran etc were hitting humanly unreturnable serves using old frames and natural gut rackets........with these new rackets and latest strings, it would be almost impossible to return serve if the grass was just as fast.......

i think they have finally found the balance on the surface.......good serves are still rewarded.......roddick with no backhand could make 3 finals on the surface.......players can serve and volley with few tweaks to their game but they just don't choose to.......

on the other hand they sped up french open unnecessarily.......there was no need to change it......french open was fast clay as it is.......now it's like a fast hardcourt.......

Tennis is not all about having a backhand, as you mentioned, a big serve, its about making good use of what you have. Explain how a guy like Michael Change won RG by moonballing.
Your recurring theme is really boring....... .............. .............
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:40:17 AM by medwatt »

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
Djokovic is playing like a mad man. He's missing everything.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »
Seppi making Nole work for it.  Big moments right now as Seppi serving to take the second set to a tb
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »
Djokovic on the wire. 2 sets down. Phhhhheeeeewwwwww!!!
And to whom ? The man with the weakest serve in the top 1000 !!!

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2012, 08:05:33 AM »
OK TWo SETS DOWN. This is becoming scary, but Nole won't lose much points on RG...