Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) FRENCH OPEN OFFICIAL THREAD, May 27-June 10, 2012  (Read 19076 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: 2012 (MEN) FRENCH OPEN OFFICIAL THREAD, May 27-June 10, 2012
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
All fans are going to complain the draw for their players.  :rofl_2:

I won't, I'd say the draw looks good/bad for my player, but never complain that is not fair for example that Tommy plays Richard in 3rd round while Djokovic is playing Devilder. That statement would be just childish and ignorant.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »
ppl who always complain about the draw are just being childish imo

I never denied that nor am I putting up a pretentious facade. This is a forum for god's sake and none of us have the expertise to call anyone else childish, just for the very fact that the chances are that the one who is crying that is childish himself. We wont be blabbering here if we were really "WISE."

Still Roger's draw is UNF(ucking)AIR.
Sar, Roger also got too many good draws in his career .... nothing you can really do about it ... what is not fair?

I am just being a fan. That's what we are expected to do. To scream how unfair the draw is when it really is, and keep quiet and pretend when it's a cakewalk.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »
unfair is such a bad word in this context,  what's really unfair is to underestimate and overwrite the opponents before they even step on the court.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
unfair is such a bad word in this context,  what's really unfair is to underestimate and overwrite the opponents before they even step on the court.

"Override"??? not to be a Grammar Police....

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
then don't be, you know what I meant.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
Looking for me?  I'm here! :))

Just been watching tennis all week.  I have DirecTV and have been watching the 6 screens they have available.  Had to watch Roger's match (I can't comment when he's playing because I'm so nervous).  But hey - the first week's goal is to GET THROUGH.  (however it takes).  So he's still getting through.  And while we are at it about the 'draw', really - so far - none of the 'top 3 players' have had a 'hard draw' (on paper).  I've never heard of the guy Novak is playing; and I sure hadn't heard of the guy Roger is playing next.  As far Nadal....his opponents haven't exactly been world beaters either.  So hey - the players just have to play who is on the other side of the net.  It is what it is.
 :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
Exactly, it is what it is  ;-()

Well Roger played good when I started watching, that is when Stan's match finished.
I'd say Roger played at 70%, while Mahut on the other side played at 110%   :)
Good win nevertheless  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »
easy win for Djoko. NID. the problem I have is that these lower ranked players don't even try. they sh!t their pants before the match when they see Djokovic, Fed or Nadal. The guy was acting so stupid, oh I won a point, let's celebrate  ..-) ... so retarded. and sure the French crowed was entertained ... like, oh he won a point.. (that Dev guy) . we should skip these early rounds, and let Djokovic, Nadal and Fed kill themselves in semis  :innocent:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
easy win for Djoko. NID. the problem I have is that these lower ranked players don't even try. they sh!t their pants before the match when they see Djokovic, Fed or Nadal. The guy was acting so stupid, oh I won a point, let's celebrate  ..-) ... so retarded. and sure the French crowed was entertained ... like, oh he won a point.. (that Dev guy) . we should skip these early rounds, and let Djokovic, Nadal and Fed kill themselves in semis  :innocent:

But sometimes you may get a 'surprise'.... not that they will win against the top 3 - but that they might put up a fight.  I wonder how this guy Roger is playing next will react.  He did say Roger was his 'idol'...  :innocent:  I hope Roger can get an 'easy' win.  Maybe the guy will be too 'star struck'? (I hope)! :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
All fans are going to complain the draw for their players.  :rofl_2:

Look at DelPo, he can't win it all.
He has to go thru Fed, Djokovic and probably Nadal on clay.

On the other hand he's playing well and hopefully his knee is getting better and he said it was improving a 'little'.
His game is looking very good at times and it seems the pace and angles of the forehand is picking up.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

But sometimes you may get a 'surprise'.... not that they will win against the top 3 - but that they might put up a fight.  I wonder how this guy Roger is playing next will react.  He did say Roger was his 'idol'...  :innocent:  I hope Roger can get an 'easy' win.  Maybe the guy will be too 'star struck'? (I hope)! :rofl_2:
what a surprise? I might win a lottery, that would be very surprsing. who won last 31 slams? hm let me think  :)~?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2012, 12:53:42 AM »
it does not matter which draw which player gets at the french open........they all will ultimately bow down to the king.......

fedlovers stop whining about draws......just be happy that a tougher draw would only prevent the zillionth defeat to rafa in the final.......

i want to see a nadal vs djokovic final for a change and also nadal can show them all who is the boss when he is fully fit, has no knee issues and has no other health problems.......

despite montecarlo and rome lessons, there are still some people who believe that djokovic dominates nadal........i just want to see them humbled.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2012, 05:14:43 AM »
All fanboys are going to complain the draw for their players.  :rofl_2:
Amending one word in that statement would improve it's accuracy.  Fans of the game couldn't care less about draws.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2012, 05:16:44 AM »
Looking for me?  I'm here! :))

Just been watching tennis all week.  I have DirecTV and have been watching the 6 screens they have available.  Had to watch Roger's match (I can't comment when he's playing because I'm so nervous).  But hey - the first week's goal is to GET THROUGH.  (however it takes).  So he's still getting through.  And while we are at it about the 'draw', really - so far - none of the 'top 3 players' have had a 'hard draw' (on paper).  I've never heard of the guy Novak is playing; and I sure hadn't heard of the guy Roger is playing next.  As far Nadal....his opponents haven't exactly been world beaters either.  So hey - the players just have to play who is on the other side of the net.  It is what it is.
 :))
:gleam: You are the epitome of coolness! :gleam:

Stan v. Jo Willie should be a blockbuster! :))
Go Tsonga!!!

Haas v. Gasquet = battle of the beautiful 1 handed backhands! ://
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:23:43 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2012, 07:57:39 AM »
c'mon Simon finish him off  :)~. good match tho ... having so much fun

Yeah but he's such a pusher  :ZZZZZ) Wawri being just unlucky throughout the match
He makes the most out of the physical and mental abilities at his disposal.  I dislike watching pushers in general, but I can watch Gilles all day.  A very clever player.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2012, 09:21:54 AM »
Tommy - Richard 1st going in TB

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2012, 09:31:26 AM »
Gotta love this match so far  :)) my #1 and and #2 among the others, playing tennis I always enjoy watching!

Tommy takes 1st set 7-6(3) !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »
Richard took the 2nd, and got his game back, looking very sharp now..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »
Well that was complete meltdown by Tommy  :Confused:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »
bolelli - done

istomin - done

schwank - done

monaco/raonic - next 

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS