Author Topic: French Open 2012 odds Men and Woman  (Read 776 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
French Open 2012 odds Men and Woman
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »

The French Open is the second Grand Slam of the tennis season and it will start this Sunday, May 27th, from Roland Garros.

Yes, this year the tournament will start unusually on a Sunday instead of the regular Monday and will stretch over 15 days instead of 14 days like the other three Grand Slam tournaments. So make sure you start watching this Sunday.

Both the men and women singles draw are filled with storylines that should give you more than enough reasons to watch this year's tournament.

Also the total purse for the tournament is a whooping $24.6 million, with the winners of both the men's and women's singles each receiving a fat $1.64 million paycheck. Even the not-so-lucky first-round losers don't walk away empty-handed as they each receive a consolation check of $23,670.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And more stuff:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1174684-2012-french-open-odds-juan-martin-del-potros-shorten-following-title

Here are my updated percentages for each player to win the 2012 French Open men's singles title:
Rafael Nadal (71%)
Novak Djokovic (10%)
Roger Federer (5%)
Juan Martin Del Potro (5%)
Tomas Berdych (3%)
David Ferrer (2%)
Andy Murray (2%)
Milos Raonic (1%)

The Field: 1% chance combined with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, [/color]Gael Monfils[/url], Nicolas Almagro, and [/color]Robin Soderling[/url] accounting for a huge portion of that.  While I think Del Potro is clearly capable of making a deep run at the 2012 French Open, I do question his chances of actually winning the title outright. I do not question his abilities, his desire, or his mental fortitude however I do have the following question: what kind of draw will he have?

With Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer, the players who I favor ahead of Delpo, you know that they are not likely to face a difficult opponent in the fourth round of the tournament. However Del Potro looks like he could be a No. 11 seed or a No. 10 seed, and that means he could face a minor threat like Ferrer, Berdych or Tsonga early in the middle round.

Should Del Potro make the quarters, he can expect a very difficult match against one of the tour's most talented players. I find it hard to picture Del Potro barging his way through to a French Open title if he has to barge through a draw that looks something like Ferrer, followed by Murray, Nadal and then Djokovic.
Nadal is the clear value pick in this betting market and I still say Bodog is out to lunch on their 80-to-1 odds on Tomas Berdych which should be closer to 30-to-1 in my view.

Someones odds:  :cool:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:20:40 PM by swish »

Offline kopite

• Tennis Player
Re: French Open 2012 odds Men and Woman
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »
Nole is underrated

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
negative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:10:23 AM »

Yes, this year the tournament will start unusually on a Sunday instead of the regular Monday and will stretch over 15 days instead of 14 days like the other three Grand Slam tournaments. So make sure you start watching this Sunday.

Iíve never been a fan of the French Openís Sunday start, a novelty that began in 2006 that allows the 128 first-round matches to be played over three days. Arenít Slams supposed to start off with a bang, with crowds descending onto the grounds, and the buzz of one of tennisí major events permeating throughout? There should be a sense of controlled, yet overwhelming chaos! Instead, Roland Garros remains a sleepy site as the players take the show courts to half-empty stadiums with little fanfare. Itís a jarringly quiet start to what is usually two weeks of dramatic tennis. Oh, France. You don't perplex me.

Compare this to the greatest day of the season, Tradional Super Monday at Wimby when Sixteen Fourth Round matches are played!!!!
for example last year both Williams Sisters were eliminated that day, or even the Super Saturday at the USO.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:28:43 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:18:31 AM »
Rafa odds are 5/6???????  5/6 is  83% in other words.  And Nol is 50%  Roger is 12.5%  On the ladies side; Venus should be higher then 40 to 1!  I like Serena's odds 40%.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:50 PM »
I feel sorry for whoever placed their bet on Serena :(