Author Topic: Olympic Tennis Coverage  (Read 885 times)

Offline vrush

• New Poster
Olympic Tennis Coverage
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
BRAVO will be covering Olympic tennis in the US.  Does anyone know who the commentators might be?  I was disappointed with the Beijing coverage.  If Jimmy Arias, one of the most crabby and whiny-voiced commentators ever, is doing it again, I may not be able to watch.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of the upper-tier commentators might do it this time.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Re: Olympic Tennis Coverage
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:49:43 AM »
hahaha..:D..i understand the pain buddy when there's a Bad commentator..

though, i haven't heard jimmy arias commentate yet.. ..-)

i am hoping for some good commentators like Chris Bradnam ,Jason Goodall , John & Pat McEnroe , fred stolle,  etc..

pls say NO to chris evert & michael craig !! :mad1:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
BRAVO will be covering Olympic tennis in the US.  Does anyone know who the commentators might be?  I was disappointed with the Beijing coverage.  If Jimmy Arias, one of the most crabby and whiny-voiced commentators ever, is doing it again, I may not be able to watch.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of the upper-tier commentators might do it this time.

Wow, it's just absurd Bravo tv broadcasting live tennis matches. I think they should have regular commentators, those that they have it over Grand Slams. However, a comic relief won't really harm the match. I suggest Craig Ferguson, with his scottish accent, as a guest commentator.

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:21:28 PM »
I hate the American accent when the 'r' is over subdued. British accent is the best, especially Scottish.
The world awaits no genius

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
I hate the American accent when the 'r' is over subdued. British accent is the best, especially Scottish.
:rofl_2: the best post ever ... come to Canada and we'll talk about different accents ...

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »

No one is forcing you to watch American Channels...... I am sure you have your own channels in your own language where you dont have to worry about accents........... over subdued r.... big deal......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 11:41:39 PM »

No one is forcing you to watch American Channels...... I am sure you have your own channels in your own language where you dont have to worry about accents........... over subdued r.... big deal......
hey, Med was just j/k (me pretty sure  :))). she is actually pretty sophisticated ... don't take it personally

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 04:33:14 AM »

English is my 'own language' but American accent sounds monotonous as a trip in the desert. Can't a man proffer his opinion without being reprimanded !! And its not as if I am posting this in the wrong place !!
The world awaits no genius