Author Topic: How many grandslams will Nadal and Djokovic win by the end of their careers?  (Read 8642 times)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God

Rafa just won a record 7th french open title and that takes his grand slam count to 11.

With brilliant form over the past year and half Djokovic has won a total of 5 grand slams.

It seems like they will be competing for more slam titles over the next few years. So, I thought it would be fun to guess how many slams each player will end up with.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
who knows? it's so hard to predict these things. they are both in they prime and it seems that nobody can touch them right now in slams.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
It is really hard to predict.. Although with Rafa right now at 11 he could perfectly add at least 3 or 4 RGs more... Who knows.. And it is really hard to tell if Djokovic can manage to play like that for the next 4–5 years.. What seems clear for me is that if he can Nadal would have a lot of trouble winning another hardcourt GS.. His balls are too deep for Nadal on faster courts.. And there is no way to know if in two years time a new comer will spoil their domination at GSs.

Who knows, but I will make my prediction just for fun :

Djokovic 10–12
Nadal 15–16

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
nadal: 16 - 18

djokovic: 7 - 9

nadal will be quite strong at RG until 2016.......he won't go away that easily at wimbledon either........i expect him to win 2 more RG, 2 more wimbledon and 1 or 2 more hardcourt slams.......

i know it's not that easy but he still looks so strong on clay and grass and will have plenty of shots at australian open and uso.......

djokovic is at 5 now and will mainly get his prizes on hardcourts.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
It is really hard to predict.. Although with Rafa right now at 11 he could perfectly add at least 3 or 4 RGs more... Who knows.. And it is really hard to tell if Djokovic can manage to play like that for the next 45 years.. What seems clear for me is that if he can Nadal would have a lot of trouble winning another hardcourt GS.. His balls are too deep for Nadal on faster courts.. And there is no way to know if in two years time a new comer will spoil their domination at GSs.

Who knows, but I will make my prediction just for fun :

Djokovic 1012
Nadal 1516

nadal was under intense pressure going into this final.......now that he got over the line and protected what you can call his "last remaining ground", the pressure is off......

now watch him open his shoulders at wimbledon and swing for the fences.......he won't be under any pressure at wimbledon and is simply a better player than djokovic on grass......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Not according to last year... :)

And to be honest, Djokovic was in a lot of pressure as well aiming his career gs

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:04:36 AM by mav140 »

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
Nadal:8 years 2W, 1AO & 1 UO  ....... how many can he win in next 4 ?
sure he has at least 3 more RG in him, but not many of other 3 GS....... :confused1:

djoper can win few more[ 4-5] but he had that dry spell after winning 1st AO ..... :whistle:

Fed is done  :( , so Somebody else must [or not] step up  and for me that is real question :

"Can somebody else prevent Rafa/djoper from winning everything"  :)>>>>

ps
djoper saved Feds record [for now] by taking 3 titles from Rafa last year,
Fed saved Rafa by beating djoper  last year in RG semis,
Rafa saved Fed by preventing djopers 4 in row slams [all time the best argument] .....

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
Rafa still got 2 more wimbledon (this year, and 2014), 2 more RG,  1 AO and  1 USO

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
rafa around 15 and nole can win may be 10...

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Online Alex

• Tennis God
rafa around 15 and nole can win may be 10...
oh, falcon has a crystal ball. cool ....  :))

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Assume they don't have injure in following years or assume they keep injure free in following years?
I cannot predict these things.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:46:44 PM by williamchung7 »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Assume they don't have injure in following years or assume they keep injure free in following years?
I cannot predict these things.

Me either.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
I would be surprised if Nole does not win 10. A lot depends on his health and motivation.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
@alk

what do you mean by djoper? you might be getting alex worked up with that.......   :rofl_2:

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God

Brad Gilbert thinks that Rafa can potentially end up between 15-17  and Djoker between 10-13

Online Alex

• Tennis God

Brad Gilbert thinks that Rafa can potentially end up between 15-17  and Djoker between 10-13
they all (journalists and former pros)  have to BS about something, so they throw numbers .... I mean seriously, who knows?  :whistle:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

they all (journalists and former pros)  have to BS about something, so they throw numbers .... I mean seriously, who knows?  :whistle:

I agree with Alex.  No one knows.  Go back about 5 years...see what people predicted then.  Things can change in a matter of a couple of years.  Look at how Rafa had dominated in previous years.  Then after the French Open last year - he didn't even win another tournament - much less a grand slam.  So you never know how tennis can change even within a year.  Someone that is currently not even on the radar now might developed in a couple of years and overtake everyone!  If you are so sure about what you think will happen in the future - inbox me with some lottery numbers that I can play! :rofl_2:

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
i think rafa will win at least 3 more RG titles.. maybe 2 wimbledons and 2 hardcourt grand slams. so ill say he ends up with 18.

djokavic will probably win either wimbledon or the us open this year and at least one grand slam for the next couple of years so ill say he ends up with 10-11.

and i hope federer stays at 16.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
i think rafa will win at least 3 more RG titles.. maybe 2 wimbledons and 2 hardcourt grand slams. so ill say he ends up with 18.

djokavic will probably win either wimbledon or the us open this year and at least one grand slam for the next couple of years so ill say he ends up with 10-11.

:head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash:

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best

:head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash:

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :))
here's some from me to Avatar :
:head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash::head-bash: :head-bash:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.