Author Topic: How many grandslams will Nadal and Djokovic win by the end of their careers?  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
oh let me try this. Djokovic 18 slams. new GOAT  :)~. Fed you are going down and Dalls with you  :king:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
How many grandslams will Nadal and Djokovic win by the end of their careers?
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »
You are so funny Alex! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sid

• Tennis God
oh let me try this. Djokovic 18 slams. new GOAT  :)~. Fed you are going down and Dalls with you  :king:

Alex are you saying Dallas has a big head :zipped:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Alex are you saying Dallas has a big head :zipped:

What???? :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:Doesn't matter.  It's all fun!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
I disagree. Federer would have adjusted pretty well if he had played in the 90s. And he would have won the French Open multiple times too.

1990    ECU   Andrés Gómez   
1991    USA   Jim Courier   
1992    USA   Jim Courier   
1993    ESP   Sergi Bruguera   
1994    ESP   Sergi Bruguera    ESP   
1995    AUT   Thomas Muster   
1996    RUS   Yevgeny Kafelnikov   
1997    BRA   Gustavo Kuerten   
1998    ESP   Carlos Moyà   
1999    USA   Andre Agassi   

Federer in his prime could have beaten any of these guys on clay. [even Guga, who is possibly the best among the guys on this list. Remember Hamburg 2002?]

That's how I see it too, he just happened to run up against an unruly beast in Nadal.

That's why I don't hold those RG losses as negatives on Fed's resume, however many do and because of that rank Fed lower on clay.

Offline TigerTim

• Tennis Player
Nadal 13 slams, 14 perhaps
Djokovic 10ish

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
affirmative. sounds about right to me.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
nadal 16 - 18

djokovic 7 - 9

nothing can be done to stop it........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
How many grandslams will Nadal and Djokovic win by the end of their careers?
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »
nadal 16 - 18

djokovic 7 - 9

Uh...injuries can stop it.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
nadal 16 - 18

djokovic 7 - 9

Uh...injuries can stop it.

the way i see it, nadal will play until 2016 at least........so that's still 16 slams he will take part in........he needs just 6 of those 16 slams to take his tally to 17.........he can fail in 10 slams over the next four years and still get to 17........i think that's very simple for his standards........he just needs to stay fit.......

he is already a clown for blowing a bunch of slams in 2009 and another bunch of slams in 2012 both of which would have accounted for a grand total of 15 slams by now breathing down the neck of federer........he says he has learned his lesson and will play less tournaments next year.......

however i don't want to believe his words unless he actually implements the schedule he is talking about........he did that once in 2010, the reward was 3 slams........he skipped rotterdam, dubai, barcelona and spaced the events well........but again in 2012 the same old story continues.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Re: How many grandslams will Nadal and Djokovic win by the end of their careers?
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 08:30:53 PM »
Now that all the slams for the year are over, thought I would bring this thread up again.

We had an amazing season with 4 different winners at the 4 slams.  Murray finally won his first slam,  djoker, fed and rafa won slams on their favorite surfaces.

Federer - 17
Rafa - 11
Djoker - 6
Murray - 1

Will Murray be able to buildup and increase his slam tally now that the first one is in the bag?

How will Rafa bounce back from his break? 

Will Djokovic continue to be a threat at the slams, and how many more can he win?

Can Federer add to his Slam tally?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
Re: How many grandslams will Nadal and Djokovic win by the end of their careers?
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Now that all the slams for the year are over, thought I would bring this thread up again.

We had an amazing season with 4 different winners at the 4 slams.  Murray finally won his first slam,  djoker, fed and rafa won slams on their favorite surfaces.

Federer - 17
Rafa - 11
Djoker - 6
Murray - 1

Will Murray be able to buildup and increase his slam tally now that the first one is in the bag?

How will Rafa bounce back from his break? 

Will Djokovic continue to be a threat at the slams, and how many more can he win?

Can Federer add to his Slam tally?

good post general tennis fan.

murray has stepped it up in a big way. slowing down nole on the hard courts is no easy matter.

now we will see if he can sustain this level of excellence.

see you at the sports bar for a few cold beers. :))