Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 20075 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
Oooops, I thought both yous guys are German.

nah my 2 favorites are germans, but I'm serbian..

Lug I'm going to punish you right now  :head-bash: ... I'm Canadian cheering for Djokovic, you are Serbian cheering for German guys. what the hell is wrong with this world  :rofl_2:? just joking, you are super cool ... now even Serbs don't support Nole, I'm the loneliest fan in the world   :mad1:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
Oooops, I thought both yous guys are German.

nah my 2 favorites are germans, but I'm serbian..

Lug I'm going to punish you right now  :head-bash: ... I'm Canadian cheering for Djokovic, you are Serbian cheering for German guys. what the hell is wrong with this world  :rofl_2:? just joking, you are super cool ... now even Serbs don't support Nole, I'm the loneliest fan in the world   :mad1:

heh, nah I've been following tennis long before Nole arrived. Also never sorted tennis by nationality, but rather by style of play.
I'm sick of ppl supporting only Novak because he's serbian, and its ridiculous how many ppl here are ignorant tennis wise.
80% of them don't even follow Nole's matches yet alone know anything about tennis. But when Nole wins, they are the most vocal fans ever.

I've had luck that my dad is huge tennis fan, and we have pretty much similar taste. Also, Lendl took part in how I should be named  :)~
So basically, I kinda grew up watching matches of Becker, Lendl, Stich, Sampras,Edberg (mom's 1st choice back then  :)~) etc etc
Then later with my own mind, I started following Haas and Henman while dad was only focusing on Roger being #1  :)~
Even now, his fave is Fed, but I managed to take part in his 2nd choice which is obviously Tommy hehe.

Every single Fed's loss he takes, like I do with Tommy. Its insane atmosphere when Fed plays Rafa whom mom started to like out of nowhere(just being irritating  :)~ )

But yeah, my point is that I couldn't care less what nationality some player is. I don't like Nole's tennis but I do like his personality and charisma. And I'm thankful to him for making  this country a bit tennis active then it used to be.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
for sure Lug. cool story about you and your dad. I couldn't care less about nationality thing either. I'm even having a hard time with most of Canadian players (Raonic included). I fell in love with Nole because he was so goofy and different than anybody else on the tour.

Although, from what I can read, isn't Djokovic like God in Serbia? I read some articles about the Serbian president dropping everything off just to meet Nole etc.

but listen, there are very few educated tennis fans, not just in Serbia, but anywhere in the world. You should come to Canada and talk about tennis  :rofl_2: ... most people would be like 'tennis what' eh. all they know here is hockey. I hate hockey btw  :innocent:. everywhere you go, everything you do, it's HOCKEY, HOCKEY, HOCKEY ... my friends call me a retard because I refuse to watch any hockey games ... I managed to convert one to become a tennis fan tho ... so proud of myself  :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
heh what's funny, Raonic is actually originally from my original country(Montenegro)  :)
Having said that, even from Montenegro, I declare myself as serbian cause there's no doubt that we are same nation, even our politicians are plain stupid.
But nvm, yes Djokovic is kinda God around here, but sadly not because he's very talented tennis player, but because he's serbian. ..-)

edit: but ofc I'm talking about majority here, kudos to those fans who supports Nole by heart and not political reasons.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:32:38 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »
for sure Lug. cool story about you and your dad. I couldn't care less about nationality thing either. I'm even having a hard time with most of Canadian players (Raonic included). I fell in love with Nole because he was so goofy and different than anybody else on the tour.

Although, from what I can read, isn't Djokovic like God in Serbia? I read some articles about the Serbian president dropping everything off just to meet Nole etc.

but listen, there are very few educated tennis fans, not just in Serbia, but anywhere in the world. You should come to Canada and talk about tennis  :rofl_2: ... most people would be like 'tennis what' eh. all they know here is hockey. I hate hockey btw  :innocent:. everywhere you go, everything you do, it's HOCKEY, HOCKEY, HOCKEY ... my friends call me a retard because I refuse to watch any hockey games ... I managed to convert one to become a tennis fan tho ... so proud of myself  :)
Retard. :wink 2:
Hockey is my 2nd favorite sport to watch.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »
haha that made me laugh for the first time today, thx for that MT haha

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
haha that made me laugh for the first time today, thx for that MT haha
At your service Mate!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »

Retard. :wink 2:
Hockey is my 2nd favorite sport to watch.
I want them to watch tennis, they want me to watch hockey. I DON'T THINK SO, WAR. I hate hockey. j/k a bit of course, but this whole country is so obsessed with hockey, man you would need to live here to understand. Canadians are hockey NUTS.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
I'm just a few hours from the border Bud.
Those Canuks are nuts for pucks!
....and curling. :ZZZZZ)

Good on ya for gaining a tennis fan!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »
I'm just a few hours from the border Bud.
Those Canuks are nuts for pucks!
....and curling. :ZZZZZ)

Good on ya for gaining a tennis fan!
oh MT, please don't even start with curling, forgot abut it ... you see, anything played on ice is super popular in Canada (even curling, with all respect to fans of that sport I find it so silly and boring). if tennis was played on ice or snow,  it would be the most popular sport in Canada. I guarantee you that  :king:.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
Well I'm American cheering for a Swiss (even in the Olympics!) :)~

I see Roger's finally on Center court tomorrow. :))  Maybe they will actually CLOSE the roof if it rains! :innocent:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »
Rumor has it that they've painted the roof P I N K in honor of His Royal Highness!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
Well I'm American cheering for a Swiss (even in the Olympics!) :)~

I see Roger's finally on Center court tomorrow. :))  Maybe they will actually CLOSE the roof if it rains! :innocent:
traitor ... Mr. Pinky will win a pink medal, I hope  :)~

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2012, 07:38:56 AM »
Erlich & Ram deep in a 5th set against Huey/Inglot?????

Sweeting v. Tipsy will be the match for me to watch this morning! :gleam:

Florian Mayer staging a late comeback in the 4th against Petzschner.
Bet that would be fun to watch as well. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2012, 08:45:25 AM »
Sweeting saves 4 break points in a 14 minute service game to go up 1-0, 5-4 in the 2nd set.  Nicely done!

Tipsy in a real dogfight here to prevent the upset.  Good tennis to watch! :king:  He stops the any momentum Sweeting might have gained with 3 great first serves and a quick service win.  5-5. :gleam:

Sweeting now down 0-30 in the eleventh game, not looking good.
btw the overhead camera angle on the server is awesome! :gleam:
Now 15-40, can Janko do it????  Yes!!! 6-5!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:49:38 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:31 AM »
Raonic through in straights.
Melzer dumps Stan in the fifth.
.....and Florian Mayer comes back from 2 sets down to knock out Petzschner! :))

and Tipsy serves out the 2nd 7-5 to even things up at a set apiece!

Dr. Ivo on cruise control.

Commentators (including Henman!) have noted that Tipsarevic has "Scooter sized calves!!! :scared:".

A little sprinkle may hold things up here shortly..... :depressed:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:12:58 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2012, 10:11:01 AM »
pinky had no trouble ousting that careless italian.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
i am eagerly awaiting pirru (pironkova) vs sharapova.......pirru is my new WTA darling.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »
Most analysts concur that P I N K Y has the softest draw of the top 4.  Regardless, the matches still have to be won and energy conserved.  He appears to be doing just that.  We'll see if he tightens up a bit in his post match pressers provided he makes the semis.  Then we may get a better peak inside The Man.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »
Most analysts concur that P I N K Y has the softest draw of the top 4.  Regardless, the matches still have to be won and energy conserved.  He appears to be doing just that.  We'll see if he tightens up a bit in his post match pressers provided he makes the semis.  Then we may get a better peak inside The Man.

pinky's draw is so boring........washed up bennetteau and some others like that.......i am not sure how prepared he will be should he face djokovic in the semis.......

but i am not at all impressed with fognini.......what a careless player.......he doesn't even try.......
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:08:29 AM by Start da Game »