Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 23482 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
benetteau folded in the end........some players just don't believe enough.......
He didn't believe and he didn't prepare.
Dude was sucking serious air in the 4th.
Man up JB and do the off court work or stick to dubs. :mad1:
Had Fed by the shorties and couldn't seal the deal due to poor fitness.
How the hell is he gonna look himself in the mirror tomorrow and every day for the rest of his life.

Oh yeah, now I remember, he's French. :rofl_2:

But that's why you have to give credit to the top guys.  They DO get FIT....they will stay out there for as long as it takes, and you don't see them cramping, sucking air, or any of that.  That's why it's tough for anyone else to get a grand slam title.  Many of these other players can play well for one match, or 2...but if they have to go deep and play lots of 5-set matches, we then see how they are NOT in shape.  How many lower ranked players do we see cramping up in their matches?  Many of them!  A player may not be able to improve strokes too much...but they have no excuses to not be in shape!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »
I agree Dallas.
It was evident to The Chief and I as we watched tonight.
After the TB, she commented that JB looked beat and Fed looked like he had just walked on court.  That is no accident.  The boys at the top do the hard yards just for this particular reason.  It's what separates the men from the French. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
It's not only fitness.

The players not at the top just don't have the tennis skills and placement of the ball to play an easy game.
To compensate they have to push harder physically to make up for this lack of skills.

The top players are aware of these shortcomings and will try to move these players around as much as possible.

In aggressive tennis, lower ranked players have more of an chance. The points are shorter and they aren't engaged in long rallies so may be able to go the distance if they have a special day like Rosol did.

I would doubt a lower ranked 'grinder' player could pull an upset, they would need both skill and great endurance.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:16:08 PM by swish »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
i want upsets........all top 4 knocked out before the quarters........that would be fun........

Misery loves company, next time m8.  :rofl_2:

:hysterical: yes......at least djokovic and federer must be gone before quarters........we will leave murray alone until he wins one........i invite all the djokerer fans to the nadal brigade section of the wimbledon drinking club........let's spend  time together emptying gray goose bottles shot by shot....... 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
I think we are seeing a real precedent set in this year's tournament after Nadal's loss. The so called smaller players truly believe they can beat the top dogs. Their high risk, go for it tennis which involves them hitting huge serves and forehands is uncomforting to the likes of Rafa and as we saw last night, Roger Federer. Stepanek even made it difficult for Djokovic for one set until the Serb's all round game, fitness and class shown through.

Even in the Karlovic vs Murray game we saw that, with the Scots determination to get involved with long rallies key to downing the Croat. It has made for an exciting tournament thus far, full of many suprises but the most impressive players by far are Djokovic and Murray to date and that is my bet for the final with both sides of the draw almost certain to open up for them on current form.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:59:39 AM by no_1_djoko_fan »
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2012, 05:04:17 AM »
i think this is the chance for murray........nadal was in his way for the last 4 years at wimbledon and murray knows he can beat federer this time and surely djokovic on grass has to go down to murray........

it's now or never for murray........i think he will do it this time........
The door is now open for Andy (not Roddick).
Will this create even more pressure than he already has?

he has undergone enough pressure to know what it feels like.........i think he will play a very relaxed semifinal and final this time........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2012, 07:45:43 AM »
i think this is the chance for murray........nadal was in his way for the last 4 years at wimbledon and murray knows he can beat federer this time and surely djokovic on grass has to go down to murray........

it's now or never for murray........i think he will do it this time........
The door is now open for Andy (not Roddick).
Will this create even more pressure than he already has?

he has undergone enough pressure to know what it feels like.........i think he will play a very relaxed semifinal and final this time........
That would be nice.  I'd just like to see him play his best.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »
Fish through and Roddick is battling up.
And, I am sleepy.  :zipped:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2012, 12:10:24 PM »
Ferrer getting ready to serve for the 3rd set to try to take a 2-1 lead. 
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2012, 02:06:29 PM »
Ferrer just plays Roddick well.  (It's about match-ups!)..  Good job for Ferrer though.  Roddick waved to the fans on his way off the court like this would be his last time.  Humm.... wonder if it's so?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »
Cilic trying to get the break and fails again after 3 break points at 14-14.  Now 14-15 with Cilic to serve
Scott Baker

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »
And they play on.....  Too bad they don't have lights on court 2.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
Cillic wins it in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:22:15 PM by Dallas »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
I knew Rosol was going to lose his next match after taking Nadal down. I knew Gulbis was going to lose in the next round after he def. Berdych. I knew that after Soderling def. Nadal at RG, he was gonna lose to Federer. I'm like JoJo Savard (if you don't know who she is, google it  :cool:) ... many of these guys get hot for a match or two and then just collapse. All players are beatable, but top 3 are just so much more freaking consistent.

btw, all youngsters are gone ... I'm really disappointed with them. I have this feeling that by the time Nole and Rafa decide to retire, these youngsters won't be youngsters any more  but just mediocre players.  :\

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
I knew Rosol was going to lose his next match after taking Nadal down. I knew Gulbis was going to lose in the next round after he def. Berdych. I knew that after Soderling def. Nadal at RG, he was gonna lose to Federer. I'm like JoJo Savard (if you don't know who she is, google it  :cool: ) ... many of these guys get hot for a match or two and then just collapse. All players are beatable, but top 3 are just so much more freaking consistent.

btw, all youngsters are gone ... I'm really disappointed with them. I have this feeling that by the time Nole and Rafa decide to retire, these youngsters won't be youngsters any more  but just mediocre players.  :\

We all knew those things.  Nice try though   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Scott Baker

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
Cilic played well tonight.  I just hope he has enough in the tank to test Murray in 2 days...
Scott Baker

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Cilic played well tonight.  I just hope he has enough in the tank to test Murray in 2 days...

I'm surprised they didn't put this match on center court!  Murray/Cilic will be on Court 1

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »
Rosol loosing in straight sets to Kohlschreiber, after beating Rafa :

It's a little bit like Roddick beating Fed in Miami...
He beats Fed after umpteen losses, everybody is hyped, and next match he goes down to Monaco...

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't put this match on center court!  Murray/Cilic will be on Court 1
I'm surprised too. first of all, the Murry vs. Cilic match is much more interesting than Djokovic/Troicki or Fed/Mallisse. Troicki can't def. Nole even if you brake both Novak's legs and arms. I think it's gonna be a quick, lethal victory for Nole.  I think Roger will win his match but I'm really not sure about his form (he is not playing very well this year at W),  although Mallisse could cause some troubles.

Djokovic is the only one who played all of his matches on CC this year (talking about top 4 of course). so it's a toss up ... I would rather schedule the Murray/Cilic match on CC (because it should be more interesting IMHO) than Fed/Mallisse or Djoko/Victor. but, what to do, Djokovic is #1 (defending his W title), Federer is a multiple W winner and adored by the crowd ...

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2012, 11:32:51 PM »
Rosol loosing in straight sets to Kohlschreiber, after beating Rafa :

It's a little bit like Roddick beating Fed in Miami...
He beats Fed after umpteen losses, everybody is hyped, and next match he goes down to Monaco...

I saw the Roddick match up the beginning of the 3rd set against Ferrer.  Roddick started to make stupid mistakes in the tiebreaker and I bet that he continue to downgrade his play in the 3rd and final set!  He was doing very well in the 1st set; doing more serve and volley and nice deep corner groundstrokes and finish it off with a volley into the open court.

I hope that Rosol could continue on with his playing ability of the fifth set agains Nadal and just did not wake up to see the match.  Glad I did not see it or I would be depress.