Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 18344 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
Federer is injured?

It looks like something wrong with his shoulder or his left leg.

Only the slice skill keep him in the match at the moment......

The first flat serve drops at least 10 miles, around 110 miles.
Some commentators around the world said perhaps back injured.

What the hell, Malisse also get some sort of injure on his leg before this match.

And it is raining! :scared:

Federer won the 1st set by coming back. He used backhand slice to create angle and come to net for almost every time. In end of, Malisse had problem to hit his groundstroke.

Malisse has problem with low bouncing ball as Federer gives him a lot of slices with good placement. Federer also draws him to net.

Federer manages to get double breaks. The drop shots and slices are working well for him.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »
Federer is injured?

What the hell, Malisse also get some sort of injure on his leg before this match.

Federer won the 1st set by coming back. He used backhand slice to create angle and come to net for almost every time. In end of, Malisse had problem to hit his groundstroke.

Malisse has problem with low bouncing ball as Federer gives him a lot of slices with good placement. Federer also draws him to net.

Federer manages to get double breaks. The drop shots and slices are working well for him.

Federer leads 7-6 6-1. He still has problem with his body.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
Federer is injured?

Federer wins by 7-6 6-1 4-6 6-3. Both players are injured in this match.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:36 AM »
I wonder if Fed can recover for his QF, he definitely seemed flat out and his movement was well below average.. He could even go into the SFs, but if he continues to be injured like today, there is no way he can win the tournament..

I say, forget about training and forget about everything, even if it means to lose his QFs match.. better take care of that one before coming on court again.. let's see if he can recover.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »
why do you keep quoting your own posts?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »
I wonder if Fed can recover for his QF, he definitely seemed flat out and his movement was well below average.. He could even go into the SFs, but if he continues to be injured like today, there is no way he can win the tournament..

I say, forget about training and forget about everything, even if it means to lose his QFs match.. better take care of that one before coming on court again.. let's see if he can recover.

he looks very beatable........i sense a djokovic vs murray/del potro final........murray's biggest test before the finals is surely del potro........even though the past record is totally in favour of murray, it's going to be a rough ride if d pot plays anywhere near his attacking best.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
Fed-Youzhny QF :/  Hardly seems fair that his toughest opponent into the SF is 3R vs Bennetteau.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
It is raining again, I give up! I want to sleep. :ZZZZZ)

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »
Fed-Youzhny QF :/  Hardly seems fair that his toughest opponent into the SF is 3R vs Bennetteau.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Youzhny should not be a problem.  Things will get much tougher after that match though!  Seeing how his injury holds up though will be the key.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »
I'm just taking it ONE MATCH AT A TIME!  Roger needs to worry about Youzhny.  He must be doing something since he's also in the QF.  BUT... congrats to Roger (in spite of some kind of back injury).... for:

33 CONSECUTIVE QF'S in GRAND SLAMS.

Just think... an injury here or there; a 'hot' player playing out of his mind...anything could have happened in these slams... YET...he still has made 33 consecutive quarterfinals.  That's really remarkable!

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »
Troicki is getting abuuuuuuuused.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
Djoko was very comfortable against his fellow country man. He didn't even have to get out of first gear. Nole has definitely had the easiest path in dropping only one set over the other big guns - Roger and Andy.

This isn't a biased opinion but Nole is looking by far the most impressive player in this tournament and I can't see anything stopping him.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
Djoko was very comfortable against his fellow country man. He didn't even have to get out of first gear. Nole has definitely had the easiest path in dropping only one set over the other big guns - Roger and Andy.

This isn't a biased opinion but Nole is looking by far the most impressive player in this tournament and I can't see anything stopping him.

Novak has also played 3 of his 4 matches INDOORS....away from the rain, wind, cold... :innocent:

I knew Novak would not have any trouble in his match today, and he took care of business like he should have. 

As a Federer fan, I just hope Roger's back is ok and he'll be ready to go on Wednesday!

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »

Novak has also played 3 of his 4 matches INDOORS....away from the rain, wind, cold... :innocent:

I knew Novak would not have any trouble in his match today, and he took care of business like he should have. 

As a Federer fan, I just hope Roger's back is ok and he'll be ready to go on Wednesday!
Triocki is a capable player on his day and will be playing with Nole in the Olympic doubles. I didn't expect it to be as easy as this and I don't think you can blame the conditions considering Federer's match against Benneteau was played indoors over five sets, and Nadal lost to Rosol in five indoors. What about Murray's four set match against Baghdatis?
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

Triocki is a capable player on his day and will be playing with Nole in the Olympic doubles. I didn't expect it to be as easy as this and I don't think you can blame the conditions considering Federer's match against Benneteau was played indoors over five sets, and Nadal lost to Rosol in five indoors. What about Murray's four set match against Baghdatis?
I don't think Djokovic will play doubles at all, plus he sucks at doubles. Tipsy/Zimonic is more likely.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »

I though Fed was lucky to get through today. Rain delay helped him.

Djoker looked like he is in awesome form. He is the man to beat.

I feel sorry for Delpo/Ferrer. If one of them have to win the title, they have to play four best of  5 set matches in 6 days. That sounds crazy difficult to me.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »
Federer is injured?

Federer wins by 7-6 6-1 4-6 6-3. Both players are injured in this match.
Back issues don't bode well for his performance the remainder of the tourney. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2012, 11:50:29 PM »
Williamchang and MT, if I see you one more time multiquoting this stuff one more time, honest to God I'm going to kill my self  :)>>>>.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2012, 03:18:54 AM »
 :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
QF lineup until now :
Djokovic vs gasquet/mayer
Fed vs Youzhny

cilic seems to be losing it..down a set & break. &
Believe it or not, Tsonga's serve was broken for the first time in this years's championships yesterday by Mardy fish !!
Fish leads by a set..1-1 in the 2nd set.

GO JO !! :)~
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2012, 03:58:47 AM »
d pot is rising.......don't forget him.......he has to finish ferrer in straights to be able to play well tomorrow against murray........if the match goes 4 or 5(which is not very likely to happen), his wta side will start showing tomorrow.........that is the only concern about d pot, otherwise he has the game to end murray's run.......