Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 18509 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #580 on: July 08, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
Regain World No.1, 17 Grand Slam Titles, Breaks Sampras' longest world no.1 ranking, recorded 7 wimbledon titles

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #581 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17:09 PM »
Whew.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #582 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
We got a new #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (again).  :king:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #583 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #584 on: July 08, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Congrats to Roger who hold his nerve and serve it out and win his 17TH GS titles, back at number 1. Tying Pete Sampras record for being number 1 for the most weeks.

And because Novak will not play any events next week, Roger will break Pete Sampras record and he will have the most weeks rank number 1 at all time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:20:39 PM by hcpoirot »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #585 on: July 08, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »
first of all I'm still depressed that Nole lost. to me it was the toughest loss of his career (well, at least to me).
second, I hoped Murray would win his first slam. I was cheering with all of my heart for him ... didn't work out.

third, BIG congratulations to Federer and all of his fans. being 31 yo, winning W and regaining #1 is absolutely stunning.

forth, I'm still depressed because of Nole and Andy and I won't be watching any tennis any more. bye everyone, it was fun.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #586 on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:22 PM »
Respect Murray! :thank-you:
Respect Federer! :thank-you:

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #587 on: July 08, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
Andy had play his best till the end. Hope he can take in comfort that Kim Clijsters also been runner up 4 time before winning her first GS and win another 3 GS.

Hope he can do well later in US Open.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #588 on: July 08, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
I am sooooo Happy!! Roger won another slam and he's now back to #1 (even if it's just for a little while). But no matter what the excuses are for Murray...Roger still WON a grand slam beating younger #1 and 3 ranked players in the world.

Yes - today belongs to Roger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #589 on: July 08, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »
I am sooooo Happy!! Roger won another slam and he's now back to #1 (even if it's just for a little while). But no matter what the excuses are for Murray...Roger still WON a grand slam beating younger #1 and 3 ranked players in the world.

Yes - today belongs to Roger.

Me too, Dallas. Roger will be back at number 1 for at least 2 weeks. (Then it depend if whether or not Novak will play any event before OLympic begin. ) If not, he will be guarantee, at least 4 weeks at number 1.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #590 on: July 08, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »

Fed was taken to 5 sets in the third round under the roof IIRC.

lol

I guess your recall idn't that good!

Federer: "I guess the roof helped me. I haven't dropped a set indoors."
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline mikey11

• Tennis Player
« Reply #591 on: July 08, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »
first of all I'm still depressed that Nole lost. to me it was the toughest loss of his career (well, at least to me).
second, I hoped Murray would win his first slam. I was cheering with all of my heart for him ... didn't work out.

third, BIG congratulations to Federer and all of his fans. being 31 yo, winning W and regaining #1 is absolutely stunning.

forth, I'm still depressed because of Nole and Andy and I won't be watching any tennis any more. bye everyone, it was fun.

oh please...surely you'll be watching the olympics. Nole's chance to win an olympic gold medal.
And besides you should take a leaf from that start-da-game guy just annoy a lot of people here and it might make you feel better.

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #592 on: July 08, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »

I know the feeling bud, I had few disappointments at Wimbly as well  ..-)

You'll be just fine, don't worry  ;-()
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #593 on: July 08, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
 ;>) Murray. I was tearing up a little at the end. He played really well for the first two sets, he just needs to put his head down and keep playing that way and keep being aggressive and taking the game to the opponent. Unfortunately, sometimes even that doesn't cut it.

But Federer  :winner: I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. #17, World #1, Wimbledon #7, at 31 years old. All those who said it could not be done - well, here's your response.  :worthy:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #594 on: July 08, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »
i am starting to believe that everything is rigged in the tennis world........tennis has become a farce with the authorities putting monetary benefits over the sporting spirit itself........

the swiss flukerer winning 17th slam would satisfy way many more millions of sheep globally than those relatively small number of hopeful brits who can be bluffed and kept waiting forever for murray's first slam win.......

there was clearly no need to shut the roof just for a brief 10 minute passing shower........they still had 7 hours in hand to finish the final outdoors........what they did today was beyond disgusting........

the sport has become farce with all the garbage of GOAT hype first, then career grandslam and then sampras records........

everything looks like the ITF has made the sport a complete business and needs to extract as much as possible before the swiss flukerer gets too old and stops winning, all at the expense of sporting spirit and sentiments of nations........

nobody asked sampras to go after records........they just happened.........nobody forced him to train his arse off in dubai and stay fit and stay greedy so that these money obsessed ITF clowns could make those extra dollars hyping up his name in the media and global sheep........

those were the days, i am starting to hate the excessive commercialization of sport........

what next? a bad bathroom fall for nadal at the us open and frauderer winning that slam as well? so that ITF can gloat about 18 slams and compare it to sampras's farewell us open 2002 slam........

a word to andy murray and his fans -  you have been robbed big time today........this was your day and your slam........you were plain robbed and i feel sorry for you and your fans........that's all we nadal fans can do, what else can we do when your own countrymen have s**t for brains and foolishly shut the roof and with that your hopes........

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:52:02 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #595 on: July 08, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
hmm on the roof discussion tho. It doesn't seems logical  that can benefit any aggressive player, as the balls gets heavier due to pressure etc.  Mehh I dunno, maybe its not a big deal after all :dunno:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #596 on: July 08, 2012, 12:55:08 PM »
Start de game.... I only have one thing to say yo you: SHUT THE HECK UP! Lol let us Federer fans enjoy today without you analyzing every single thing!!!! I'm really tired of it!!!! Lol

Online Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #597 on: July 08, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
lol shank why would they invest THAT money on the roof, and not use it when needed?

Tbh your post just doesn't make any sense..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #598 on: July 08, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »

oh please...surely you'll be watching the olympics. Nole's chance to win an olympic gold medal.
And besides you should take a leaf from that start-da-game guy just annoy a lot of people here and it might make you feel better.
Mikey, I was just dramatic (you are new here, I guess we'll get to know one another more if you decide to stick around) ... I'm a tennis junkie, of course I'll be watching Olympics and even challengers and futures ... I just wanted Murray to win this so badly. never say never, but I have this feeling that Andy will never win a slam ... even as a big Nole fan,  even if Murray was playing against Nole today I'd be still probably being neutral and cheering for Andy. I'm sure that Nole will win more slams and get back to #1. the problem is that Andy just can't find his way no matter what.
again Kudos to Fed. He really played a great tournament.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #599 on: July 08, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »
lol shank why would they invest THAT money on the roof, and not use it when needed?

Tbh your post just doesn't make any sense..

It had been talked a lot of years before they put it.