Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 25758 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #600 on: July 08, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
hmm on the roof discussion tho. It doesn't seems logical  that can benefit any aggressive player, as the balls gets heavier due to pressure etc.  Mehh I dunno, maybe its not a big deal after all :dunno:

with the roof shut, wind is completely out of the equation hugely favouring the one with better serve and single handed backhand........

in outdoor conditions, the accuracy on shots isn't as high as indoors and the game moves more towards percentages.........for a single hander, high backhands are way too easier to deal with indoors because the trajectory is so predictable........

there's a reason why becker's serve was such a lethal weapon indoors and not quite outdoors........

grandslams are outdoor tournaments........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #601 on: July 08, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »
I'm so glad!!!!!!!! Fed's back to no. 1, 17th. GS, 7th. Wimbledon crown what else can you hope for??

Fed at his 31 has proven he shouldn't be counted off any GS, specially Wimbledon!!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #602 on: July 08, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
Alex!!!! Where are you?????? :))

It's time to start gloating and "in your face" celebration!! :))

Not only did Roger beat your 2 favorite players, but he did it in a convincing fashion! :))

I am certain Nole will be back to no. 1, but Fed at his 31 years of age just came back to the top spot! won Wimbledon and added a new one to his repertoir! :)) Don't think Nole can pull that off at his 31 years of age! :))

YAAAAAAAYYY!!! Fed won his 17th GS!!!

You owe me a "congratulations" for my guy!
 :)~

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2012, 01:07:46 PM »
I'd be gloating but I'm on tranquilizers. :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #604 on: July 08, 2012, 01:10:17 PM »
once again it has come down to nadal to protect djokovic, murray and the sport of tennis........this is why nadal is so important to this era.........he keeps every player where he rightly belongs and does not allow for any fluke runs........he is the one who holds this era with both hands and protects all fanbases from the evil sins of ITF and their global sheep feeding activities........

tennis without nadal is as incomplete as 1 million without 1.......come back rafa you legend.......

@dallas

what do you mean by allow fed fans to celebrate? for all i care, you guys can booze out like never before........i am not impressed with what happened today, they cheated murray........i am just glad it din't happen to nadal even though he was robbed several slams before because of biased scheduling in rain hit slams.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #605 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »
I feel sorry for you. (start de game). I see you really are unhappy! Lol! Oh well. No matter what you say or think - The fact remains that Roger has his 7th Wimbledon, 17th grand slam, and will be #1 tomorrow to tie that record. Rant all you want here if it will make you feel better.

To all my fellow Fed fans - LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #606 on: July 08, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »

Not only did Roger beat your 2 favorite players, but he did it in a convincing fashion! :))

I am certain Nole will be back to no. 1, but Fed at his 31 years of age just came back to the top spot! won Wimbledon and added a new one to his repertoir! :)) Don't think Nole can pull that off at his 31 years of age! :))

Mav, I did. Congrats again. I'm eating my own words right now (although you know I was just bored and cocky). never in a million years I thought that Fed would win another Wimbledon. I just thought that Djokovic played much better tournament before he bumped into Fed. Enjoy it bud. It won't last too long  :)~ :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #607 on: July 08, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
Agreed that GS's are outdoor tours. Adding roofs was smth we couldn't make any different. But calling it a cheat that they shut the roof down so Fed can win is nonsense,  considering 'they' all agreed on having the roof ready if it starts to rain (no matter who's on court)

and I don't think you can really compare real indoor tours with added roofs. Both have its disadvantages and advantages.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #608 on: July 08, 2012, 01:33:23 PM »

Mav, I did. Congrats again. I'm eating my own words right now (although you know I was just bored and cocky). never in a million years I thought that Fed would win another Wimbledon. I just thought that Djokovic played much better tournament before he bumped into Fed. Enjoy it bud. It won't last too long  :)~ :))

Yeah probably right.. but as long as it lasts I have to celebrate and celebrate all I can... :))

I know you were just goofing around! :)

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #609 on: July 08, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
once again it has come down to nadal to protect djokovic, murray and the sport of tennis........this is why nadal is so important to this era.........he keeps every player where he rightly belongs and does not allow for any fluke runs........he is the one who holds this era with both hands and protects all fanbases from the evil sins of ITF and their global sheep feeding activities........

tennis without nadal is as incomplete as 1 million without 1.......come back rafa you legend.......

@dallas

what do you mean by allow fed fans to celebrate? for all i care, you guys can booze out like never before........i am not impressed with what happened today, they cheated murray........i am just glad it din't happen to nadal even though he was robbed several slams before because of biased scheduling in rain hit slams.........

Does not allow Fluke runs??????? wow I think you have forgotten Soderling and Rosol.......

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #610 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »
Agreed that GS's are outdoor tours. Adding roofs was smth we couldn't make any different. But calling it a cheat that they shut the roof down so Fed can win is nonsense,  considering 'they' all agreed on having the roof ready if it starts to rain (no matter who's on court)

and I don't think you can really compare real indoor tours with added roofs. Both have its disadvantages and advantages.

Don't even pay attention to Shank.. he is just a SORE loser!  :)~ Now it seems the CONSIPRACY THEORY thickenss for him and it seems Fed is just a lucky guy to have 17 GSs.. so.. not even worth answering! :)

I am just in 7th heaven now and won't let a SORE loser like him take my celebrations away... In fact, seeing Shank soo RUMBLED UP and ANNOYED makes this celebration even sweeter!!!!!!!!!! :gleam:

Go Fed!!!!

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #611 on: July 08, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »
And SID disappears for another two months.......

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #612 on: July 08, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
Goodbye Alex & Sid.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #613 on: July 08, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »
becker would not have lost two wimbledon finals to edberg and one to stitch had it been indoors........he would have held six wimbledons with roof........

sampras would have held 5 aussie opens if they played indoors, with all the heat and wind out of the equation........that's how big the difference it makes........indoors favours big servers and finishers immensely........   

a grandslam final under a roof? are you kidding me? when did they start playing grandslam finals under closed roofs? they had 7 hours daylight in hand to finish the final outdoors.......they knew that.......

it's so bad murray fans and all those brits have no balls to question this nonsense........

sorry but that's plain and utter nonsense what they did today........they turned a great grandslam final into a 250 level indoors affair........i don't care who gets hurt here but a headless decision needs to be pointed out........

no. 17 is fine for nadal fans.......it's still in nadal's reach, he is not going away anytime soon........so that's not what i thought about when i brought this point forward........

nadal absolutely admires murray and supports murray like no other player on the tour........rafa was the reason why murray din't get to the final in 2008, 2010, 2011........so we have a soft-corner for murray........when rafa is finally out of the way, enter the AELTC clowns........

now please go on with your celebrations........goodnight.......
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:39:06 PM by Start da Game »

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #614 on: July 08, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
Start da game please shut up typing the same thing over and over again. Go find a hole and hide there for a couple of days. You're just beefing about things showing us just how boring you are. Tennis was meant for gentlemen and not for screaming brats and players who everybody know that they cheat. Even a guy like Rosol said that Nadal was trying things. You're nothing but a rogue yourself in life since it is something you appreciate which only shows part of your egrigious character. Remember that your posts are as insignificant as youuself in your soceity. So shut up, ROGUE.
The world awaits no genius

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #615 on: July 08, 2012, 01:42:03 PM »
becker would not have lost two wimbledon finals to edberg and one to stitch had it been indoors........he would have held six wimbledons with roof........

sampras would have held 5 aussie opens if they played indoors, with all the heat and wind out of the equation........that's how big the difference it makes........indoors favours big servers and finishers immensely........   

a grandslam final under a roof? are you kidding me? when did they start playing grandslam finals under closed roofs? they had 7 hours daylight in hand to finish the final outdoors.......they knew that.......

it's so bad murray fans and all those brits have no balls to question this nonsense........

sorry but that's plain and utter nonsense what they did today........they turned a great grandslam final into a 250 level indoors affair........i don't care who gets hurt here but a headless decision needs to be pointed out........

no. 17 is fine for nadal fans.......it's still in nadal's reach, he is not going away anytime soon........so that's not what i thought about when i brought this point forward........

nadal absolutely admires murray and supports murray like no other player on the tour........rafa was the reason why murray din't get to the final in 2008, 2010, 2011........so we have a soft-corner for murray........when rafa is finally out of the way, enter the AELTC clowns........

now please go on with your celebrations........goodnight.......

If French open wasn't on clay, Rafa would have have less slams than Djokovic...... In the grand scheme of things, these if's and but's have no place....

Offline Mertov

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #616 on: July 08, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »
Congratulations to Federer on an extraordinary 17th Slam title.  The forehand, his physical shape, the variety of his shots, his serve are all putative qualities of Federer, but if we take into account the 2009 final along with this one, the comparative analysis posits a little talked about aspect of Federer: his intelligence on the court.

In 2009, he began the match agggressive and was not successful (and Roddick did hit some formidable passing shots), thus lost the first set.  Then, he adjusted his game, and went to a defensive format, making the match longer and longer, with plenty of off-speed shots, resulting in longer rallies.  He was able to come back and win.

Today, Murray began the first set extremely aggressive, and Federer began with an unusual amount of errors (including after he survived the initial break and came back on serve).  He lost the set.  To circumvent the problem, he did the reverse of what he did in 2009, and began playing a much more aggressive game, looking to cut the points short.  Although he was not the better player in the second set (imo - others may differ), he did what was working best for him: build the points around coming to the net. He came to the net
26 times in the second set (vs. 15 in the first) and won twice more points up there (total: 22) then in the first.  Building up on that, he began chipping and charging and coming to the net on returns even more in the third set, in which he was the better player.  In the fourth set he came to the net 16 times and won 14! 

It's one thing to have the ability to insert variety in your game (there are other players who can do that too) and it's another thing to be able to combine the intelligence with that ability in order to have a "Plan A" to fall back to in case your "other Plan A" does not function well.  I believe this ability to have more than one Plan A, along with the presence of mind to know when to shift from one Plan A to the next at will, is not tangential to Federer's success: it's one of its primordial elements.  While other players strive during their whole careers to build up a defensive or offensive game to match the opposite, and build their weaker shots to complement it, Federer has gone past that stage early in his career, and has excelled in the next stage, the one that other players, for the most part, don't even get to experience.

Best

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #617 on: July 08, 2012, 01:44:18 PM »
the sport has become farce with all the garbage of GOAT hype first, then career grandslam and then sampras records........

..and I thought you don't care about stats, records etc  :)~
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #618 on: July 08, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
Start da game please shut up typing the same thing over and over again. Go find a hole and hide there for a couple of days. You're just beefing about things showing us just how boring you are. Tennis was meant for gentlemen and not for screaming brats and players who everybody know that they cheat. Even a guy like Rosol said that Nadal was trying things. You're nothing but a rogue yourself in life since it is something you appreciate which only shows part of your egrigious character. Remember that your posts are as insignificant as youuself in your soceity. So shut up, ROGUE.

i don't take suggestions from douchebags.......go have a beer with your pals if you can afford one.......this is your last celebration in life.......

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #619 on: July 08, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
And SID disappears for another two months.......

Thats not very nice of you & Fedfan,i had to nip out after the match.I was just going to say congrats on the final,after that i will take it back.