Author Topic: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 18239 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #740 on: July 11, 2012, 08:40:24 AM »
he has been playing at a very high level in grandslams for the last six years, since 2006........he looked very beatable before that with a weak three quarters serve, weak backhand and movement issues at roland garros........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
2012 (MEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #741 on: July 22, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »

Rafa is the best clay court player ever (time violations not taken in count )
 but he has only (only in goat term) 4 GS-s on other surfaces ...... even Djokovic has more than him [5 GS-s]

his last title "outside" clay was in Japan Tokyo Mst500 2010 .....
we are talking about player who is at his prime .....

Yeah, It just seems hilarious when Fed haters start blaming on everything but pure talent and motivation:
- Weather conditions
- Euro-cup (LMFAO)
- Weak competition
- Bad days for players
- Conspiracy theory
- Theft
- ITF
- Scheduling
- Easy draws
- Luck
- Surfaces
- Roof - No Roof
- Nadal wasn't in the final (shouldn't count) (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)
- Prime- No prime

I'm sure missing a hell of a lot more lame excuses from everybody, please enlighten me about other lame excuses from these guys.. which am I missing?... But just to read this list makes me just LAUGH and feel sorry for these posters.......

And it just seems hilarious to talk about this stuff when Nadal hasn't won a SINGLE TITLE  OUTSIDE OF CLAY since 2010... Wasn't Nadal supposed to be a major strength in this era? How come he hasn't won a SINGLE TITLE outside of clay since 2010???

Yeah, I already know all the answers I am going to get from Shank, but they will be as lame as their previous ones... Anyway, you have 2 problems now: Getting the fact that Fed at his 30 is back to No. 1 (with Djokovic and Nadal in his competition) winning his 17th. GS and the other, just having to deal with it, cause all your excuses and lame arguments will not change the fact that Federer is back at the top and it will certainly will not take his title away.. so, if you want to continue being the sore loser you have always been when it comes to Federer, then by all means continue with your race in diminishing Fed's achievements, after all, you won't be able to take any of his records and titles away from him.

Anyway, you keep believing you are going to change something with your rants and personal hatred towards Fed.. You are in for a big disappointment and Fed will be regarded as one of the best players to ever played the game, whether you like it or not..

But hey, in history, there is known to be some tards like these posters and having fanatics trying to diminish someone else is just part of the sports... McEnroe's and even Connor's fans were trying to diminish Sampras in the beginning, and how about Borg's and even Laver's fans... same ol' same ol'... At the end, history will prevail and no matter whatever YOU think and how many people you TRY to convince otherwise, Fed will be regarded as one of the best players to have played the game... You don't want to deal with it? Tough luck... LOL

Reading back through this thread because Fed's win was so sweet...this post is simply superior.  Like the light of day, sends the cockroaches scurrying for cover.  Awesome Mav!
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #742 on: July 22, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
Too bad this place did not have a roof before otherwise Federer would have 7 Wimbledon titles.  Oh wait...

who needs indoors to beat roddicks and hewitts?

Uhhhh...Sampras???  Lmao
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #743 on: July 22, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
i am starting to believe that everything is rigged in the tennis world........tennis has become a farce with the authorities putting monetary benefits over the sporting spirit itself........

the swiss flukerer winning 17th slam would satisfy way many more millions of sheep globally than those relatively small number of hopeful brits who can be bluffed and kept waiting forever for murray's first slam win.......

there was clearly no need to shut the roof just for a brief 10 minute passing shower........they still had 7 hours in hand to finish the final outdoors........what they did today was beyond disgusting........

the sport has become farce with all the garbage of GOAT hype first, then career grandslam and then sampras records........

everything looks like the ITF has made the sport a complete business and needs to extract as much as possible before the swiss flukerer gets too old and stops winning, all at the expense of sporting spirit and sentiments of nations........

nobody asked sampras to go after records........they just happened.........nobody forced him to train his arse off in dubai and stay fit and stay greedy so that these money obsessed ITF clowns could make those extra dollars hyping up his name in the media and global sheep........

those were the days, i am starting to hate the excessive commercialization of sport........

what next? a bad bathroom fall for nadal at the us open and frauderer winning that slam as well? so that ITF can gloat about 18 slams and compare it to sampras's farewell us open 2002 slam........

a word to andy murray and his fans -  you have been robbed big time today........this was your day and your slam........you were plain robbed and i feel sorry for you and your fans........that's all we nadal fans can do, what else can we do when your own countrymen have s**t for brains and foolishly shut the roof and with that your hopes........

Think I read a post recently where Shank mentioned that he would share his tennis wisdom.  I present this, some of his best.  Farce, rigged, Flukerer (not to mention the Swiss girl comment a couple posts earlier).  Feel the awe of being in the presence of such distinguished tennis wisdom.  And yes, don't forget the '10 minute passing shower'.  Must've been sound effects created by Brit officials 40 minutes later obscuring the sound of the ball after Fed and Murray restarted indoors, not rain showers. Frauderer, ah yes, feel the power not of the dark side, but of the wisdom whose presence you are in.  And last but not least, robbed.  Yes, all but the lucky Fed fans were robbed.  Again. By Murray's own countrymen this time. 
So, for beginners and newbies and poop for brains veterans alike, you need go no further than this post - I believe that anything you might ever need to know about tennis is contained herein.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #744 on: July 22, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
+1 for Freebird's posts, pretty awesome job channeling my exact thoughts as well and putting it on paper (keyboard/monitor?) so perfectly.  :king:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:54 AM »

but he has only (only in goat term) 4 GS-s on other surfaces ...... even Djokovic has more than him [5 GS-s]

Yeah, It just seems hilarious when Fed haters start blaming on everything but pure talent and motivation:
- Weather conditions
- Euro-cup (LMFAO)
- Weak competition
- Bad days for players
- Conspiracy theory
- Theft
- ITF
- Scheduling
- Easy draws
- Luck
- Surfaces
- Roof - No Roof
- Prime- No prime

I'm sure missing a hell of a lot more lame excuses from everybody, please enlighten me about other lame excuses from these guys.. which am I missing?... But just to read this list makes me just LAUGH and feel sorry for these posters.......

And it just seems hilarious to talk about this stuff when Nadal hasn't won a SINGLE TITLE  OUTSIDE OF CLAY since 2010... Wasn't Nadal supposed to be a major strength in this era? How come he hasn't won a SINGLE TITLE outside of clay since 2010???

Yeah, I already know all the answers I am going to get from Shank, but they will be as lame as their previous ones... Anyway, you have 2 problems now: Getting the fact that Fed at his 30 is back to No. 1 (with Djokovic and Nadal in his competition) winning his 17th. GS and the other, just having to deal with it, cause all your excuses and lame arguments will not change the fact that Federer is back at the top and it will certainly will not take his title away.. so, if you want to continue being the sore loser you have always been when it comes to Federer, then by all means continue with your race in diminishing Fed's achievements, after all, you won't be able to take any of his records and titles away from him.

Anyway, you keep believing you are going to change something with your rants and personal hatred towards Fed.. You are in for a big disappointment and Fed will be regarded as one of the best players to ever played the game, whether you like it or not..

But hey, in history, there is known to be some tards like these posters and having fanatics trying to diminish someone else is just part of the sports... McEnroe's and even Connor's fans were trying to diminish Sampras in the beginning, and how about Borg's and even Laver's fans... same ol' same ol'... At the end, history will prevail and no matter whatever YOU think and how many people you TRY to convince otherwise, Fed will be regarded as one of the best players to have played the game... You don't want to deal with it? Tough luck... LOL

Reading back through this thread because Fed's win was so sweet...this post is simply superior.  Like the light of day, sends the cockroaches scurrying for cover.  Awesome Mav!

funny you say that because you stayed in the dark when fed was getting kicked left and right since us open 2010 djokovic-djokovic-nadal-djokovic-nadal-djokovic........ 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #746 on: July 23, 2012, 05:37:36 AM »
i am starting to believe that everything is rigged in the tennis world........tennis has become a farce with the authorities putting monetary benefits over the sporting spirit itself........

the swiss flukerer winning 17th slam would satisfy way many more millions of sheep globally than those relatively small number of hopeful brits who can be bluffed and kept waiting forever for murray's first slam win.......

there was clearly no need to shut the roof just for a brief 10 minute passing shower........they still had 7 hours in hand to finish the final outdoors........what they did today was beyond disgusting........

the sport has become farce with all the garbage of GOAT hype first, then career grandslam and then sampras records........

everything looks like the ITF has made the sport a complete business and needs to extract as much as possible before the swiss flukerer gets too old and stops winning, all at the expense of sporting spirit and sentiments of nations........

nobody asked sampras to go after records........they just happened.........nobody forced him to train his arse off in dubai and stay fit and stay greedy so that these money obsessed ITF clowns could make those extra dollars hyping up his name in the media and global sheep........

those were the days, i am starting to hate the excessive commercialization of sport........

what next? a bad bathroom fall for nadal at the us open and frauderer winning that slam as well? so that ITF can gloat about 18 slams and compare it to sampras's farewell us open 2002 slam........

a word to andy murray and his fans -  you have been robbed big time today........this was your day and your slam........you were plain robbed and i feel sorry for you and your fans........that's all we nadal fans can do, what else can we do when your own countrymen have s**t for brains and foolishly shut the roof and with that your hopes........

Think I read a post recently where Shank mentioned that he would share his tennis wisdom.  I present this, some of his best.  Farce, rigged, Flukerer (not to mention the Swiss girl comment a couple posts earlier).  Feel the awe of being in the presence of such distinguished tennis wisdom.  And yes, don't forget the '10 minute passing shower'.  Must've been sound effects created by Brit officials 40 minutes later obscuring the sound of the ball after Fed and Murray restarted indoors, not rain showers. Frauderer, ah yes, feel the power not of the dark side, but of the wisdom whose presence you are in.  And last but not least, robbed.  Yes, all but the lucky Fed fans were robbed.  Again. By Murray's own countrymen this time. 
So, for beginners and newbies and poop for brains veterans alike, you need go no further than this post - I believe that anything you might ever need to know about tennis is contained herein.

it is just what it is........money has taken control of the sport to an extent that grandslam tournaments are conducted indoors violating the historical principle that grandslams are outdoor tennis.........

it wouldn't have mattered if the field was wide-spread like in the past.........but now that grandslams these days are purely a business of top 4 players EFFECTIVELY, and hence shutting the roof for semifinals and finals is a huge violation (where almost all the times you find the top 3 contending), turning the slam almost complete to being a total farce........

however i don't expect you to understand any of it because you are too much of a fedtard to look at things in that way........

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #747 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:21 AM »

Thank you for thinking of Moi! :))

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=16777.0
CONK da ball!!!

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #748 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
I'm a new poster here and so I thought that Start da Game was just trolling for kicks, but after going through this thread, I've no option but to accept the shocking truth that he actually believes that every word he says is true.  :scared:

''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #749 on: July 23, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
I'm a new poster here and so I thought that Start da Game was just trolling for kicks, but after going through this thread, I've no option but to accept the shocking truth that he actually believes that every word he says is true.  :scared:

welcome to tennis 2012........what part of it is shocking? the last time i checked grandslams are outdoor events and they had 8 hours of day light remaining to finish the final that very day outdoors........so obviously shutting the roof citing rain interruptions was nonsense unless they got to a point where they had only 2 hours of day light remaining........

tennis these days at the highest level is played to feed the global sheep like us who are player fans more than sport fans........

why do you think we have only the top 4 competing in slam semis and finals these days? why don't we have a korda vs rios | krajicek vs washington | moya vs corretja type slam finals anymore?

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #750 on: July 23, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »

welcome to tennis 2012........what part of it is shocking? the last time i checked grandslams are outdoor events and they had 8 hours of day light remaining to finish the final that very day outdoors........so obviously shutting the roof citing rain interruptions was nonsense unless they got to a point where they had only 2 hours of day light remaining........

tennis these days at the highest level is played to feed the global sheep like us who are player fans more than sport fans........

why do you think we have only the top 4 competing in slam semis and finals these days? why don't we have a korda vs rios | krajicek vs washington | moya vs corretja type slam finals anymore?

General Shanks,

They had to close the roof. The weather was checked and rain could come at anytime. It would ruin the match to constantly suspend it till the rain left only to have it rain again later.

Besides, the players have to adapt to what's given, that's part of sports and always will be.

Cheers!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #751 on: July 23, 2012, 08:51:56 AM »

General Shanks,

They had to close the roof. The weather was checked and rain could come at anytime. It would ruin the match to constantly suspend it till the rain left only to have it rain again later.

Besides, the players have to adapt to what's given, that's part of sports and always will be.

Cheers!

now that you have said so, i will start giving it some rethinking general swish........for now it seems very strange to me playing grandslam finals indoors........i am not used to watching grandslams indoors.......if you remember, i was never happy with the roof and asked for removing it straight after they actually fixed it in 2009........

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #752 on: July 23, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »

Yes, general shanks. It is indeed an outdoor tournament. But this year has been England's wettest June/early July for a century, and it is fortunate they had a roof.  In the final, once the heavy rains came and they shut the roof, tournament rules dictate that they finish the match with the roof closed, even if the sun comes back out.  Now, alternatively, they may have opted to not shut the roof, and wait an hour or two and hope the rain stops, and then continue outdoors (especially early in the tournament).  But in the final? They paid millions to put a roof in. Why have a roof if it's not going to be used?  And with the biggest TV audiences around the world watching the biggest tennis event of the year, I seriously doubt they would want the audiences to go away in a 1-2 hour rain delay.  Roland Garros and the US Open have no choice, and many people constantly complain when the weather is bad and they have no roof.  Wimbledon and the Australian Open have the roofs and will use them.

In any event, even if the rain had not come and they hadn't had to shut the roof, I see no reason why Federer wouldn't have won anyway. It might have even been over much quicker.  If you remember, Federer had big momentum having closed the second set out with a flourish and looking very dominant to start the 3rd set, while Murray looked to be reeling a bit.  We will never know for sure of course, but I think with that momentum Federer might have won the 3rd and 4th sets even easier. 

When the roof closed, Murray had a chance to recover somewhat, talk to his coach and the Federer momentum was artificially stopped. To Federer's credit, he came back and still delivered the win.  Closing the roof proved not to hurt Federer that much; without the wind, he could focus on pure tactics.  Andy's service deteriorated big time - and the roof cannot be blamed for that. But wind or no wind, I don't think Murray would have stopped Federer once he got the upper hand. Just way too much experience on winning majors vs none for poor Andy. Andy will get his chance if he can somehow get lucky and face another player who has never won a slam, or perhaps a 1 timer. It's awfully tough for him with Federer, Djokovic, Nadal in the way. Maybe he'll have better luck at the US Open.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #753 on: July 23, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »

Yes, general shanks. It is indeed an outdoor tournament. But this year has been England's wettest June/early July for a century, and it is fortunate they had a roof.  In the final, once the heavy rains came and they shut the roof, tournament rules dictate that they finish the match with the roof closed, even if the sun comes back out.  Now, alternatively, they may have opted to not shut the roof, and wait an hour or two and hope the rain stops, and then continue outdoors (especially early in the tournament).  But in the final? They paid millions to put a roof in. Why have a roof if it's not going to be used?  And with the biggest TV audiences around the world watching the biggest tennis event of the year, I seriously doubt they would want the audiences to go away in a 1-2 hour rain delay.  Roland Garros and the US Open have no choice, and many people constantly complain when the weather is bad and they have no roof.  Wimbledon and the Australian Open have the roofs and will use them.

In any event, even if the rain had not come and they hadn't had to shut the roof, I see no reason why Federer wouldn't have won anyway. It might have even been over much quicker.  If you remember, Federer had big momentum having closed the second set out with a flourish and looking very dominant to start the 3rd set, while Murray looked to be reeling a bit.  We will never know for sure of course, but I think with that momentum Federer might have won the 3rd and 4th sets even easier. 

When the roof closed, Murray had a chance to recover somewhat, talk to his coach and the Federer momentum was artificially stopped. To Federer's credit, he came back and still delivered the win.  Closing the roof proved not to hurt Federer that much; without the wind, he could focus on pure tactics.  Andy's service deteriorated big time - and the roof cannot be blamed for that. But wind or no wind, I don't think Murray would have stopped Federer once he got the upper hand. Just way too much experience on winning majors vs none for poor Andy. Andy will get his chance if he can somehow get lucky and face another player who has never won a slam, or perhaps a 1 timer. It's awfully tough for him with Federer, Djokovic, Nadal in the way. Maybe he'll have better luck at the US Open.

Respectfully,
masterclass

:// :// :// ://

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:16 AM »

- Weather conditions
- Euro-cup (LMFAO)
- Weak competition
- Bad days for players
- Conspiracy theory
- Theft
- ITF
- Scheduling
- Easy draws
- Luck
- Surfaces
- Roof - No Roof
- Prime- No prime

Thanks Free!! :)) I mean, it just seems ridonculous (just watched BOLT with my kid) (ridOnculous.. such a funny word! :)) ) how everybody wants to diminish instead of acknowledge that Fed is still a major strength in tennis.. but hey, to each his own... you are not going to change his mind and they will certainly won't change mine or anybody of the 10,000,000 fed and tennis fans for that matter...

Fed - The best player to ever play this game! :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #755 on: July 24, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »
While there are many facts in the posts above, I'd like to make a personal request before the whole 'GOAT' discussion errupts again.
The record that might qualify him for this discussion are only in male, singles tennis.  To some fanboys this might be the only arena worth discussing (they may not be wrong ;-()), however, for other fans, the sport is far more than just singles on the male side.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #756 on: July 24, 2012, 06:16:36 AM »
fedtards have now started digging posts from 15 days ago to celebrate this old news and reinforce their GOAT crap.......yet they accuse nadal fans as tards and haters and whatnot.......just look at yourself first before pointing fingers at others........

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #757 on: July 24, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »
fedtards have now started digging posts from 15 days ago to celebrate this old news and reinforce their GOAT crap.......yet they accuse nadal fans as tards and haters and whatnot.......just look at yourself first before pointing fingers at others........
Indeed.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #758 on: July 24, 2012, 06:52:25 AM »
While there are many facts in the posts above, I'd like to make a personal request before the whole 'GOAT' discussion errupts again.
The record that might qualify him for this discussion are only in male, singles tennis.  To some fanboys this might be the only arena worth discussing (they may not be wrong ;-()), however, for other fans, the sport is far more than just singles on the male side.

Well said! I may be in the minority here, but I feel he could easily win Slams in doubles - men's as well as mixed - and enhance his legacy. Most of the greats in the previous generations used to do that. Navratilova won 18 Grand Slam singles titles, 31 major women's doubles titles (an all-time record), and 10 major mixed doubles titles. Billie Jean King won 12 Grand Slam singles titles, 16 Grand Slam women's doubles titles, and 11 Grand Slam mixed doubles titles. John McEnroe won 7 Grand Slam singles titles, 9 Grand Slam men's doubles titles, and 1 Grand Slam mixed doubles title. Roy Emerson won 12 Grand Slam singles titles and 16 Grand Slam men's doubles titles. Rod Laver won 11 Grand Slam singles titles, 6 Grand Slam men's doubles titles and 3 Grand Slams mixed doubles titles. And these are just a few examples.

So yeah, I hope he starts playing doubles at Slams over the next 4 years, but I don't think he will, which is a pity IMO. Because if Federer started playing doubles at the Slams regularly, I'd bet that Nadal, Djokovic and Murray would follow suit, and the doubles game would become more high profile, which would only benefit the sport in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:54:32 AM by oracle86 »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #759 on: July 24, 2012, 06:59:27 AM »
Yes, you will be in the minority here. ;-()

A quick look at the general T4U membership would indicate that being in the minority here is a good thing. :))
CONK da ball!!!