Author Topic: 2012 (WOMEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012  (Read 3483 times)

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 (WOMEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
Basically though many of us root for Aga to win. It will be very hard if you look at the stats in this Wimbledon. In SF two sets alone, Serena had 24 aces. 24! It probably the record for both men or women who fired the most aces in 2 sets in Wimbledon this year.

If Aga can make Serena run and make her do lots of UE, she also had to had very high first serve % cause her second serve will be punish by Serena, she can had a chance to win.

Otherwise (though it pain me to say it), Serena will win two titles. (The doubles is 100% for her and Venus. Hoping the Czech girls give a fight and not get 6-0, 6-1 or something like that)

But I am hoping Aga can prove me wrong.

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 08:35:23 AM »
Judging from the first 4 games, my prediction is correct. Aga cannot handle Serena powerful hitting. And her second serve was just too weak.

If she did not change something maybe try to serve and volley, she will lost badly in around 45 minutes or so.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
This final is a disaster so far.  Bummer.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
Rain. At least now Aga can think another strategy to play Serena in second set. If she play the same tactic in first set and hoping Serena to make more errors, she will lost the second set too.

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
there is no other strategy! Serena is too good! She has no weakness. If Aga could hold serve she might've had a chance but she doesn't have a serve weapon. She's this era's Hingis, which is why I like her game but she needs a better serve. If Henin can have a good serve any of the women can as well.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »
i was actually surprised how easily serena blasted away vika who is quite a fierce aggressor herself........radwanska has nothing that hurts serena.......nothing.......serena needs to have a poor 45 minute phase for radwanska to get back into this match.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 10:00:32 AM »
Unbelievable! Aga gets the 2nd set!

Uh oh. Now, there's an angry Serena who's across the net. I still think Serena will win this. Probably more so now.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »
Serena will win it, I have no doubt.  But I hope Rad can make it respectable in the 3rd.  Still pulling for Radwanska though.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
Aga play way better in the second set and make Serena make more errors. Serena drop from her first set. Age is a factor here. She cannot stay consistently great like in her twenties. Make too many DF when she serve 5-6.

Though Serena make 18 winners and Aga only 5, but she make too many UE, 22 compare to 4.

Let see if Serena can play like in the first set or we will had a big upset here and maybe prove that the Hingis style of tennis still can win a GS.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
Unbelievable! Aga gets the 2nd set!

Uh oh. Now, there's an angry Serena who's across the net. I still think Serena will win this. Probably more so now.

how the hell did she manage to win a set?  :rofl_2:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
Serena always had the determination and the will to win. But can she had the consistency? Its not like in her twenties whenever she want a win shot or an ace, she can get it.  And let also see how well Aga can handle the pressure too.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2012, 10:10:28 AM »
Serena will win it, I have no doubt.  But I hope Rad can make it respectable in the 3rd.  Still pulling for Radwanska though.

it looks like radwanska is frustrating serena with slow paced balls.......serena is still the favourite but radwanska is serving ahead in this final set......

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
serena's back. She's playing with controlled aggression and aggression.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »
The final was Serena's to win and she duly obliged, notwithstanding the scampering and fighting from the Pole.. The camera picked out Hingis among the audience.. She would have sympathised with Aga's fate.. (More) Power to Serena Williams! 14-time Grand Slam Champion!!  :)>>>>
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:49:24 AM by propstoart »

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
I feel sorry for Radwanska.

I think she is the better player. The way she moves around the court and her shot selection is better. It was the serve that let her down today and the fact she was overpowered by Serena, who brutally took advantage of her second serve.

There is no doubting the talent in this girl though and she did well to take a set off a great champion, but not such a great person. Maybe it's time for the Williams sisters to let someone else win and see this new exciting breed of women's tennis players come through such as Azarenko, Kvitova, Lisicki and Sharapova.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 (WOMEN) WIMBLEDON OFFICIAL THREAD, June 26-July 8, 2012
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »
I'm happy today!! My favorite won!!! Congrats Serena (now to pull for my favorite tomorrow!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »

I think she is the better player. The way she moves around the court and her shot selection is better. It was the serve that let her down today and the fact she was overpowered by Serena, who brutally took advantage of her second serve.

There is no doubting the talent in this girl though and she did well to take a set off a great champion, but not such a great person. Maybe it's time for the Williams sisters to let someone else win and see this new exciting breed of women's tennis players come through such as Azarenko, Kvitova, Lisicki and Sharapova.
LOL. You wish. It'll never happen unless she gets really sick like Venus. Serena and Venus like winning slams! Period. They play infrequently (altho used to play even less than now) and can still win. And Serena is showing that 1. SERVE, SERVE, SERVE counts, (and she's shown that for YEARS NOW), 2. at her age she can still win and blow thru her competitors.

Congrats to Serena's fans.

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2012, 03:55:38 AM »
Maybe it's time for the Williams sisters to let someone else win and see this new exciting breed of women's tennis players come through such as Azarenko, Kvitova, Lisicki and Sharapova.

err.. why would they let them win when they have a chance to win it themselves ?? :confused1:
what i mean to say is Nadal never let djokovic win..Djokovic found a way to beat nadal. :))

CONGRATS to Serena on Winning her 5th Wimbledon Trophy !! :)
CONGRATS to Serena & Venus on Winning Womens Doubles Finals !!  :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
I am never a Serena fans. But you had to give props to Serena that after losing in first round in French Open, she bounced back and win Wimbledon. Though its not as easy as usual. (Lots of rubber sets matches) But in the end she win her fifth titles here. Congrats Serena.

For Aga, she need to built more muscle and fix the second serve. Otherwise she will had hard time to win GS title.