Author Topic: Rafael Nadal foundation for the Slamless and Greedy  (Read 12078 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Rafael Nadal foundation for the Slamless and Greedy
« on: June 29, 2012, 01:26:57 AM »
this will go down as one of the biggest upsets but i was hardly gutted with this.......

i saw the first three sets and went to bed.......i knew he was gone.......his game was gone and his forehand was off completely........

he deserved to lose thoroughly and badly, yes he did.......he neglected this match and focused on eurocup.......he cannot afford to do that, he just cannot afford to do that with his limited talent.......just look what he was doing before the match.......

he deserved to lose through and through.......there is no excuse.......he neglected his opponent, diverted his mind.......his game was gone and even his forehand was not there to rescue him.......

rosol just did what was needed to be done........he did nothing new.......robin haase and philip petzchner did the same and nadal dealt with them comfortably.......

i entirely blame nadal alone for this loss, not even uncle toni.......pack your bags and run to poland for the final you clown.......

he has officially started donating his slams.......hence the title.......

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:22:52 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i have no pity for this fool.......he lost because he neglected his opponent and diverted his mind elsewhere (eurocup).......

federer and djokovic can afford to let their focus drop but nadal can't afford to do that.......his work ethic is what brought him to these heights and he relaxed for a day and this is the result........

i am not buying the "unbelievable play from rosol" bulls**t.......his game was nothing new  and it was not a total blow out either for us to think it was an absolutely thunderous performance.......rosol played well and just did what was needed to be done to oust this careless football tard tennis legend.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Shank, you and Herc are too hard when it comes to Rafa .... he is  human ... no matter how good you are there is always someone who can take you down when on fire ... we talked about it so many times ... Lukas was simply relentless yesterday (same with Tsonga  back in 2008 at the AO) ...

Yes, it was the biggest upset in the open era.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i agree with that tsonga match but this was not a total blow out, alex........nadal still took two sets and that tells me that it was doable for him........he just came in underprepared for this due to his own negligence.......

i still consider krajicek beating sampras the biggest upset of open era in a grandslam.......top seed sampras was just blown off and completely shut out of the match that day........

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
A huge shock. Any statistician know the last time one of the big four went out so early in a major tournament?

Nadal is still a far weaker player on grass and any other surface apart from clay. I think it's seven grand slams at Roland Garos, but only four on hard-court and grass. Djokovic has five beating Nadal three times in finals outside of the French.

It looks like the path is clear for Murray to maybe get to the final because he has been playing well, while Djokovic and Federer will surely decide the other final spot. That's unless we are in for more shocks. Another Czech plays Djokovic today.

Only two Brits left as well.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
A major proof of Nadal's football tardism letting him down in crucial matches

during 2010 FIFA world cup, spain having already lost their opening tie to switzerlanad and having spanked honduras in second match, was scheduled to play their last group match against chile in a literally do-or-die situation on 25th june.......see what happened the day before and the day after that football match,

24th june

being anxious about the next day's do or die contest for spain, rafa trailed 2 sets to 1 to robin haase and somehow won it in 5.......

26th june

after spending a sleepless night on 25th night watching football, rafa yet again trailed 2 sets to 1 again against petszchner and somehow dug that one out as well.......

once the group stages of world cup finished, he focused on wimbledon and settled into the tournament by crushing mathieu and soderling........after that he was business as usual........

so this is not the first time he lost his focus because of that pathetic crap sport called football.......

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:36:29 AM by Start da Game »

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
That has to be one of the most stupid theories in the history. I believe it was developed by some fanboys.

Nadal hadn't find his form on grass is one major reason. And in opposite, Lukas's form perhaps one of his best form in his career. His form is just the one that players need to do to beat Nadal or said any players. That is never allow Nadal get into long rally. Good first serve plus excellent backhand and forehand winners (he really created a lot of angle in that match with his two wings) with low rate errors, and good return created consistently aggressive tennis. Nadal had no time re-group in that match.

The trouble for Nadal in this match is that he cannot read Lukas's first serve. After review some highlights, I am a bit surprised he didn't do more on second serve. The return dropped too short. He allowed Lukas played his own mind game after 2nd set. That is disaster for Nadal.

By the way, the match broadcast showed that Lukas generate 100+ mph forehand and 100+ mph backhand. His backhand was even quicker than Djokovic in that match.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
Well, Nadal came back in the fourth set and in the fifth set; he did how his own on his serve after he got broken in the first game.  Lukas played a near perfect game on serve - in the fifth and deciding set.  But Nadal was not bore and had all he could take and more in the fifth.  You just have to watch the fifth set to see the conclusion of the match.  You opinion will change!

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
i agree that Football can be very distracting (in my case total eclipse of W by EURO-CUP) but Rafa is one of the greatest athlete in sport ever and huge part of that is his mental toughness   

this was just case of good old fast court tennis ( yes W is super slow these days/years but in second round grass is still there and in 5. set with roof up: player who had serve day of his life won )

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
There may be some merit to Shank's Footy Tardism theory.
Full credit to Rosol for completely disrupting Nadal's rhythm based game.
What forum member(s) do you know who've recommended this strategy for beating Raf? :)) ;-()

I only saw a replay of the full 5th set.
Flat out, the most stunning display of attacking tennis I've ever seen.
I think this even tops Safin's upset of Pete in the 2000 U.S. Open.
Lukas was playing like a man possessed and you could see it in his eyes.
At no time did he appear to feel the pressure of the moment or let up on his relentless attack.

Keys to the match-
Refuse to rally with Rafa.
Force him to play by the rules and at the specified pace.
Hit nearly every shot for a winner. :rofl_2:
Relieve yourself from expectation and play in the moment.  No past, no future, just now.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
That has to be one of the most stupid theories in the history. I believe it was developed by some fanboys.

Nadal hadn't find his form on grass is one major reason. And in opposite, Lukas's form perhaps one of his best form in his career. His form is just the one that players need to do to beat Nadal or said any players. That is never allow Nadal get into long rally. Good first serve plus excellent backhand and forehand winners (he really created a lot of angle in that match with his two wings) with low rate errors, and good return created consistently aggressive tennis. Nadal had no time re-group in that match.

The trouble for Nadal in this match is that he cannot read Lukas's first serve. After review some highlights, I am a bit surprised he didn't do more on second serve. The return dropped too short. He allowed Lukas played his own mind game after 2nd set. That is disaster for Nadal.

By the way, the match broadcast showed that Lukas generate 100+ mph forehand and 100+ mph backhand. His backhand was even quicker than Djokovic in that match.

he broke that big serve of rosol 3 times in the match........big serve and attacking game is nothing new to nadal........gulbis, soderling, berdych they all went down to rafa on the same court........

rafa neglected his opponent and the match, and that showed in the match........a football fan clown who couldn't stop himself from getting strained and exhausted over a eurocup quarterfinal........i am glad rosol taught him a very good lesson........

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

That's what I saw as well William.
There may also have been some lack of preparation in addition to these factors which tipped the scale in favor of Rosul on this one day.
I must admit, from what I saw of Raf's presser he was rather humble.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Didn't get to watch but I know Rafa likes to be on court all the time. With all the, I wonder how many hours he got on court. Could explain his poor form...? The past several years that hasn't been a problem.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

Keys to the match-

I'm watching some snipped highlights on YouTube, now. Unfortunately, they don't show Rosol quick playing. That's huge and it says a lot about this generation. So much respect for one another that the others actually choose to defer and play Nadal's or Djokovic's game rather than try to be disruptive. On 60 Minutes, even Nole admitted he couldn't beat Rafa and Roger until last year because he respected them too much. Said it took him years to get over that. That's the new generation chickens**t mentality.

Ah! and I see Rafa was complaining that Rosol was jumping around during Rafa's serve. That rattled Nadal, too!

But what does come through is Rafa's stubborn attempt to rally, even after he's gotten Rosol pinned in the corner and can go up the line into the empty court. Instead, he chooses to snap off another topspin-heavy forehand right back at Rosol.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:05:36 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
nadal getting ready for the final.......

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God

That's what I saw as well William.
There may also have been some lack of preparation in addition to these factors which tipped the scale in favor of Rosul on this one day.
I must admit, from what I saw of Raf's presser he was rather humble.

I think Bennetteau do exact similar thing in 1st and 2nd set against Federer. He hit good serve and flat out his grounstroke. It is right type of play for grass.  :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

Keys to the match-

I'm watching some snipped highlights on YouTube, now. Unfortunately, they don't show Rosol quick playing. That's huge and it says a lot about this generation. So much respect for one another that the others actually choose to defer and play Nadal's or Djokovic's game rather than try to be disruptive. On 60 Minutes, even Nole admitted he couldn't beat Rafa and Roger until last year because he respected them too much. Said it took him years to get over that. That's the new generation chickens**t mentality.

Ah! and I see Rafa was complaining that Rosol was jumping around during Rafa's serve. That rattled Nadal, too!

But what does come through is Rafa's stubborn attempt to rally, even after he's gotten Rosol pinned in the corner and can go up the line into the empty court. Instead, he chooses to snap off another topspin-heavy forehand right back at Rosol.

Fed used to do this all the time, so many times he passed the open court shot.
If you win the point though it shows you aren't afraid of the response, a psychological edge is gained.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Remember Nadal has not won a tournament that was not on clay since....2010!  It's now 2012 and the trend so far continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Remember Nadal has not won a tournament that was not on clay since....2010!  It's now 2012 and the trend so far continues.

Agreed, that is quite worrisome actually....he is aging and clay is not going to come to his aid year after year henceforth.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

Didn't know that.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2