Author Topic: Rafael Nadal foundation for the Slamless and Greedy  (Read 11679 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

Keys to the match-
Refuse to rally with Rafa.
Force him to play by the rules and at the specified pace.

I'm watching some snipped highlights on YouTube, now. Unfortunately, they don't show Rosol quick playing. That's huge and it says a lot about this generation. So much respect for one another that the others actually choose to defer and play Nadal's or Djokovic's game rather than try to be disruptive. On 60 Minutes, even Nole admitted he couldn't beat Rafa and Roger until last year because he respected them too much. Said it took him years to get over that. That's the new generation chickens**t mentality.

Ah! and I see Rafa was complaining that Rosol was jumping around during Rafa's serve. That rattled Nadal, too!

But what does come through is Rafa's stubborn attempt to rally, even after he's gotten Rosol pinned in the corner and can go up the line into the empty court. Instead, he chooses to snap off another topspin-heavy forehand right back at Rosol.

Fed used to do this all the time, so many times he passed the open court shot.
If you win the point though it shows you aren't afraid of the response, a psychological edge is gained.

But if it's the 5th set and still a losing proposition, don't you give the Guy a new look?

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
guys,  I watched the whole match. Rafa wasn't bad at all, no poor form ... he was a usual Rafa. this football theory is interesting but it really means nothing. Shank, I know you are not happy (understandable, when you fav. player loses so early), but Rosol played an amazing match ... that fifth set, oh boy ... nothing Rafa can do... Rosol was in the zone.

Rafa, 99% of the time, wins his matches against big hitters because he defends so well. Big hitters, usually when being aggressive tend to hit too many UE.  the problem is when one of these big hitters are on and they are not missing, Rafa is doomed. it doesn't happen very often as very few guys can sustain that level of play in a best of 5 match.

We are talking about pro tennis players. although, as I said, this was probably the biggest upset in the open era, guys who are ranked in top 100 are pretty good and anybody can beat anybody on any given day if they are on. what separate top 3 from the rest of the field is that Djokovic, Rafa and Roger are much more consistent (and mentally stronger). I'm sure that Rafa will bounce back plus his form is just fine. Nadal has been always struggling in the  first week at Wimbledon anyways.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

Keys to the match-

I'm watching some snipped highlights on YouTube, now. Unfortunately, they don't show Rosol quick playing. That's huge and it says a lot about this generation. So much respect for one another that the others actually choose to defer and play Nadal's or Djokovic's game rather than try to be disruptive. On 60 Minutes, even Nole admitted he couldn't beat Rafa and Roger until last year because he respected them too much. Said it took him years to get over that. That's the new generation chickens**t mentality.

Ah! and I see Rafa was complaining that Rosol was jumping around during Rafa's serve. That rattled Nadal, too!

But what does come through is Rafa's stubborn attempt to rally, even after he's gotten Rosol pinned in the corner and can go up the line into the empty court. Instead, he chooses to snap off another topspin-heavy forehand right back at Rosol.

If you win the point though it shows you aren't afraid of the response, a psychological edge is gained.

But if it's the 5th set and still a losing proposition, don't you give the Guy a new look?

He should have, maybe he thought Rosol would move at the last second.

Now go down to the tennis store and get yourself a "RF" hat.  :cool:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

Keys to the match-

"I thump Da Ball" Nadal doesn't have a plan B.
Never has, never will.
"I thump Da Ball" over & over then I pick my ass.
Some dbags call that tennis.....

I propose a new thread.
How many slams would AzzzWipe have if he wasn't allowed to cheat?
Yes, you guessed it-  zero.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
@ alex

we will never agree on this........i know that.......

anyway i just wanted to tell you as a side note one thing, please don't go after topspindoc and nadal fans at mtf........they are all very decent.......topspindoc is doing right by putting the haters in their places........

you know that MTF fedtards and those 2 year old mods (except snowwy) are life long haters of nadal for all the obvious reasons........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
guys,  I watched the whole match. Rafa wasn't bad at all, no poor form ... he was a usual Rafa. this football theory is interesting but it really means nothing. Shank, I know you are not happy (understandable, when you fav. player loses so early), but Rosol played an amazing match ... that fifth set, oh boy ... nothing Rafa can do... Rosol was in the zone.

Rafa, 99% of the time, wins his matches against big hitters because he defends so well. Big hitters, usually when being aggressive tend to hit too many UE.  the problem is when one of these big hitters are on and they are not missing, Rafa is doomed. it doesn't happen very often as very few guys can sustain that level of play in a best of 5 match.

We are talking about pro tennis players. although, as I said, this was probably the biggest upset in the open era, guys who are ranked in top 100 are pretty good and anybody can beat anybody on any given day if they are on. what separate top 3 from the rest of the field is that Djokovic, Rafa and Roger are much more consistent (and mentally stronger). I'm sure that Rafa will bounce back plus his form is just fine. Nadal has been always struggling in the  first week at Wimbledon anyways.

yes there won't be any problem with bouncing back for nadal........he can relax, take it easy and try and win olympics and us open........he was quite casual in the post match interview........he knew he neglected his 2nd round match and payed the price for it.......he knew why he lost........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Remember Nadal has not won a tournament that was not on clay since....2010!  It's now 2012 and the trend so far continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stats are misguiding sometimes........he would have won 6 or 7 hardcourt titles last year alone if not for djokovic 2.0.......now that 2.0 version is not humanly possible to maintain for more than one year, nadal will start winning again........hardcourt titles will come very soon.......how can he win a hardcourt title when they are conducting  tournaments on clay and grass?

i see no trend here........even if there is a trend, it is of zero significance........nadal had several year long non clay title draughts right from the beginning of his career........ 

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
Nadal has purely shown himself to be a very ungracious sportsman in defeat with his jibes at the umpire, his opponent and the repeated time-wasting between serves and shots. Some of which he had the dare to accuse his opponent of.

He just has to accept that he was beaten fairly by a player who outplayed him on the night with the game of his life.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Nadal has purely shown himself to be a very ungracious sportsman in defeat with his jibes at the umpire, his opponent and the repeated time-wasting between serves and shots. Some of which he had the dare to accuse his opponent of.

He just has to accept that he was beaten fairly by a player who outplayed him on the night with the game of his life.
Kudos to him, he did that some in the interview after the match.  However, his on court behaviour is one of the reasons I am not a fan of him as a player.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
@ alex

anyway i just wanted to tell you as a side note one thing, please don't go after topspindoc and nadal fans at mtf........they are all very decent.......topspindoc is doing right by putting the haters in their places........

you know that MTF fedtards and those 2 year old mods (except snowwy) are life long haters of nadal for all the obvious reasons........
shank, you know I like Nadal and his true fans (like you and Herc). and NO (big NO) they are NOT all decent (not just Rafa fans, same with Nole and Rog tards). We can agree to disagree but topspin is one of the biggest idiots/trolls on MTF. I can not tolerate his stupidity. I understand that as  Rafa fans you guys get along well (fine with me) but he knows nothing about tennis, and just keep trolling. The most annoying guy ever in my book. sorry bud, again we can agree to disagree, we can discuss anything but I can not stand when some tennis 'fans' are just blind worshipers, they watch only their favorite player and they pretend they know tennis. every time you disagree with topspinfool he will bad rap you. so many guys are laughing at him. yes MTF is brutal, but this guy  is a complete idiot.

now, listen there are many tards in all top 3 fan bases. Fed tards on MTF used to be the most annoying ones when Fed was winning glorifying Fed as if he is God (hate that). There are still many of them who annoy me so much. Djoko tards are also bad (many of them are Serbs who started watching tennis when Nole started winning), I won't name them here, but few of them are just horrible and so stupid. there are only few of us on MTF who've been supporting Nole when he was a nobody.

you see I love tennis, and there was tennis before Djokovic, Nadal and Federer and there will be tennis after Djokovic, Nadal and Federer.

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
Kudos to him, he did that some in the interview after the match.  However, his on court behaviour is one of the reasons I am not a fan of him as a player.
I just hate the way Nadal is made out to be the nice guy and gracious in defeat when he really isn't.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
I dislike Nadal's antics ( the stalling, time wasting, ass picking, etc. ) as much as anybody else,
but calling him a "cheater" is way over the top.

Just wish the ATP would be more consistent enforcing the rules, in particular regarding the times taken between points, and the challenges.
It really bugs me when a player, takes a stroll to the line, lokes at the line, then looks at his box, gets the go ahead from his folks, and then decides to challenge a call..
And gets away with it !  Ridiculous....

ON the other hand , today in the Querrey - Cilic match, Querrey wanted to challenge a call, had his hand up, but the umpire was not looking in his direction..
Several seconds later, when the ump finally realizes that Querrey wants to challenge, he decides that it is too late...  Go figure....

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
Rosol loses in straight sets. Which might add some fuel to Shanks theory. Or Rosol just played unbelievable for one moment in time and then shrinks back to playing like his ranking.

I'll admit... I was surprised by Nadal's behavior. But Rosol laughing it off, almost made it seem like Rosol did intend to get into Nadal's mind. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Well Nadal clearly isn't as talented as Federer who has made 31 consecutive GS quarterfinals.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Nadal will recover from this beating. Don't need to say anything.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
@ alex

shank, you know I like Nadal and his true fans (like you and Herc). and NO (big NO) they are NOT all decent (not just Rafa fans, same with Nole and Rog tards). We can agree to disagree but topspin is one of the biggest idiots/trolls on MTF. I can not tolerate his stupidity. I understand that as  Rafa fans you guys get along well (fine with me) but he knows nothing about tennis, and just keep trolling. The most annoying guy ever in my book. sorry bud, again we can agree to disagree, we can discuss anything but I can not stand when some tennis 'fans' are just blind worshipers, they watch only their favorite player and they pretend they know tennis. every time you disagree with topspinfool he will bad rap you. so many guys are laughing at him. yes MTF is brutal, but this guy  is a complete idiot.

now, listen there are many tards in all top 3 fan bases. Fed tards on MTF used to be the most annoying ones when Fed was winning glorifying Fed as if he is God (hate that). There are still many of them who annoy me so much. Djoko tards are also bad (many of them are Serbs who started watching tennis when Nole started winning), I won't name them here, but few of them are just horrible and so stupid. there are only few of us on MTF who've been supporting Nole when he was a nobody.

you see I love tennis, and there was tennis before Djokovic, Nadal and Federer and there will be tennis after Djokovic, Nadal and Federer.

see my point is not that there are no bad rafa tards........of course there are, but what you keep forgetting is that those who run that forum are 2 year old butthurt fedtards........that is where the problem arises, not with any particular fanbase........

there can be 1000 clueless fedtards, djokotards and rafatards for all i care........what matters is how the forum is run and let me tell you that it is run in the most pathetic way you can ever imagine........even during my stay there, i never had any issue with all those who kept coming at me, i only had issues with those mods who kept giving them free passes and took out their whips only against nadal and djokovic fanbases.......

mods are supposed to be very neutral but there they are anything but that.......snowwy and diana are trying their best to keep the forum balanced but are clearly outnumbered by other mod clowns.......

i saw you calling action dogson of all an objective poster, that's why t-doc got angry........seriously do you really believe AJ is balanced? let me tell you that he is the scum of that forum along with scoobs.......those two d-bags have totally let down the popularity of that forum with their bias and hate towards a major fanbase.......if i were the owner of the website, i would rather have two monkeys administrating the forum than them........

that forum is clearly doomed, i am already receiving emails from members there of how pathetic a place it has become for them to post and that includes couple of your djokovic fan buddies as well.......

that's clearly not how you run a forum.......they will know it very soon, the website owners that is.......

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:27:15 AM by Start da Game »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Rosol loses in straight sets. Which might add some fuel to Shanks theory. Or Rosol just played unbelievable for one moment in time and then shrinks back to playing like his ranking.

I'll admit... I was surprised by Nadal's behavior. But Rosol laughing it off, almost made it seem like Rosol did intend to get into Nadal's mind. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

you are right........rosol was not a priest out there either.......he yelled, jumped around, stared, made breathing sounds, he did what all he could to throw rafa off........

that is absolutely fine with me though, his enthusiasm was understandable.......i still blame rafa for not preparing for the match........i am not saying that he lost clearly due to eurocup but it did play a part in this........he kept himself busy watching that nervous football semifinal match all night.......takes a toll on your mind.......you could see his game was off totally the next day.......

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Well Nadal clearly isn't as talented as Federer who has made 31 consecutive GS quarterfinals.

Many don't seem to consider that to be much of a record.

But in those wins there were plenty of players on fire and playing some very good tennis, it shows a high level of consistency for so long.

With 32 straight qtrs coming up it'll be 8 straight years.  :gleam:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
I dislike Nadal's antics ( the stalling, time wasting, ass picking, etc. ) as much as anybody else,
but calling him a "cheater" is way over the top.

What's the rule? :confused1:
Does he blatantly ignore repeatedly every single match when the momentum is not in his favor?  Yes.
Not only a cheat, but unsportsmanlike behaviour unbecoming of a man who appears to be so humble off the court.
There is no fact based position to dispute this.
Let me rephrase that.
I'm certainly open to discussion of facts to the contrary.
Lay 'em on me. :)
I've clocked this guy at over 45 seconds between some points.
His gamesmanship begins in the locker room, extends to pre-match antics on court and then reaches full blossom when things aren't going his way.
Witness v. Rosul.

Props to him for his post match interview.
He gave some credit to his opponent.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

you are right........rosol was not a priest out there either.......he yelled, jumped around, stared, made breathing sounds, he did what all he could to throw rafa off........
that is absolutely fine with me though, his enthusiasm was understandable.......i still blame rafa for not preparing for the match........i am not saying that he lost clearly due to eurocup but it did play a part in this........he kept himself busy watching that nervous football semifinal match all night.......takes a toll on your mind.......you could see his game was off totally the next day.......
I only saw the 5th set but missed those actions.
I'll have to look again.

I did notice his movement on the ROS which if it wasn't an intentional hinder could be ok.  The other actions, not so much.
CONK da ball!!!