Poll

Who will win?

Roger Federer
3 (100%)
Andrew Murray
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 07, 2012, 01:15:47 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Wimbledon Gentlemen's FINAL - [3] Roger FEDERER vs. [4] Andy MURRAY  (Read 2293 times)

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
At first the rivalry was like this:

then it became more like this:

But Murray always had a response:

But in the end, there could be only one:

Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
This time, it will not be easy as 2010 AO. Federer has not yet find his best forehand (particular running forehand) since 4th round. He should beware that Murray is building up the gut for his own game and forehand is improved now.

However, Murray should know that his second serve and forehand will be disadvantages if he cannot play these two shots well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:51:38 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Also, did anyone else notice Federer, in the semi, being not as flexible with his defensive gets as he has in the past? I saw him awkwardly reaching for forehands that were behind him, I wonder if the back injury is still an issue. I hope he can get through without problems and play his best.

I am looking forward to this match. Andy knows what it takes to beat Roger and has Lendl on his side but Federer also knows how to beat Murray and he's beaten Murray in their only previous encounter this year and has Annacone on his side. He also has 6 Wimbledons behind him, 2 slam final wins against Andy and having just defeated Djokovic, should be riding a high. I'm thinking Federer in 3-4 sets but I am super excited!

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Also, did anyone else notice Federer, in the semi, being not as flexible with his defensive gets as he has in the past? I saw him awkwardly reaching for forehands that were behind him, I wonder if the back injury is still an issue. I hope he can get through without problems and play his best.

I am looking forward to this match. Andy knows what it takes to beat Roger and has Lendl on his side but Federer also knows how to beat Murray and he's beaten Murray in their only previous encounter this year and has Annacone on his side. He also has 6 Wimbledons behind him, 2 slam final wins against Andy and having just defeated Djokovic, should be riding a high. I'm thinking Federer in 3-4 sets but I am super excited!

What does it say about Spidervic that an old, broken down inflexible geratric geezer beat him like a drum today?  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God

I think back injured still hurt him in some area. But he never shows real sign of it so nobody knows real situation. But in term of the way he hit the forehand since after round 4, it changes a lot even in this semi-final. It looks like it is softer than it was used to be.  :confused1:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:08:46 PM by williamchung7 »

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
His inside-in forehand was devastating today. The I/O one was not as much.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
And all of this discussion couldn't have gone in the current Wimbledon thread? :confused1: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
And all of this discussion couldn't have gone in the current Wimbledon thread? :confused1: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Dallas - I wanted a separate trash talkin' thread for Fed Fans!  :king:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Analyze this 6 ways to Sunday.

Indoor or outdoor, period.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
I have to take Fed here.
He didn't play too long and the court conditions look favorable.

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
maybe it's time for Murray and i love Lendl ..... :)) who is still chasing that big W title (in a way)

but it's time for Return Of The King ( no i didin't just write that :gleam: ).......  :king:

it will be great any way it goes :) & will be sad too :(   

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Never underestimate your opponent.  :cool:

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Murray will definitely feel the weight of history when he steps on to Centre Court.. Still, he will have the fervent support of the crowd to back him, all through the evening.. Murray seems more relaxed this year.. Almost as if he believes this is his year..
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:41:49 AM by propstoart »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
At first the rivalry was like this:

then it became more like this:

But Murray always had a response:

But in the end, there could be only one:

Where is Alex,Cmon how about a pic of federer lol  :rofl_2:
ps i could have loaded a pic but this site does not let me.
Part of why i don't come here much now days.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:25:31 AM by sid »

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
I see my masterpiece was with total vision Bow down to my greatness ://

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
FFF, just one thing, scruffy Murray is a much better looking fellow than your ballerina with a huge nose that keeps growing and GROWING. very soon Fed will be able to play tennis with his nose instead of his racket. OK, now you have it  :)~. only his mom and some of you Fed fans can love that face  :rofl_2:

OK, I feel better now  :)

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Alex - LOL

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God

federers play at the net was incredible in this final. 53 of 68 = 78% . Murray was good too 24 of 39 = 62 %

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
I knew rodger will win, he has much more experience and a much better player. However I still think Murray can win this grand slam sometime

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
FFF, just one thing, scruffy Murray is a much better looking fellow than your ballerina with a huge nose that keeps growing and GROWING. very soon Fed will be able to play tennis with his nose instead of his racket. OK, now you have it  :)~. only his mom and some of you Fed fans can love that face  :rofl_2:

OK, I feel better now  :)
Don't let Emma catch on to the fact you're scoping out the attractiveness of male tennis players....................... :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!