Author Topic: #1 for 1 week more impressive than #1 for 285 weeks  (Read 4555 times)

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: #1 for 1 week more impressive than #1 for 285 weeks
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 02:23:03 AM »
IA. im not sure whats more impressive, that he won another GS or he climbed back to number 1?  :dunno:

when does federer and djokovic play again? couldnt federer only spend just one week at #1?

The top players are not playing again until the Olympics.  So...Roger will be #1 this week.  (no tennis next week)...so he stays #1 until the matches play out at the Olympics.

:toot:  Nole accepted a WC to Hamburg next week!!!

As they say in Rome...

Di certo sarebbe piscio un sacco di gente qui fuori se lo avesse fatto!!!!   :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Really? Where did you hear this? I have been trying to find out about this and there is nothing on this...

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: #1 for 1 week more impressive than #1 for 285 weeks
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 02:52:04 AM »
IA. im not sure whats more impressive, that he won another GS or he climbed back to number 1?  :dunno:

when does federer and djokovic play again? couldnt federer only spend just one week at #1?

The top players are not playing again until the Olympics.  So...Roger will be #1 this week.  (no tennis next week)...so he stays #1 until the matches play out at the Olympics.

As they say in Rome...

Di certo sarebbe piscio un sacco di gente qui fuori se lo avesse fatto!!!!   :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Really? Where did you hear this? I have been trying to find out about this and there is nothing on this...

Can't you read Italian?  >:D

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:29 AM »
Federer fans

Enjoy your last few weeks at number one before Djokovic takes back your crown.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 05:33:31 AM »
Federer fans

should read "his crown"  ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: #1 for 1 week more impressive than #1 for 285 weeks
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 06:24:49 AM »

As they say in Rome...

Can't you read Italian?  >:D

Can't you see I can't! :)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 09:49:56 AM »
Federer fans

Good luck with that. Roger will win the Olympics and solidify the #1 ranking. Djokovic looks as cooked as a turkey about now. Nadal's knees are shot.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
meh,  whatever. Had Djokovic played any of the smaller tournaments going into W (Halle,  Queens) Fed would have never overtake #1. Fed can only thank to Djokovic for his fake #1. Also, Rog won only one slam, Djokovic is still holding 2 etc. Yes, I know who the ranking system works. All I'm asking Fed fans is to calm down as you guys are getting really annoying ... :\. Nole also skipped the Serbia Open where he lost 250 points. get real people, and please stop opening new stupid thread about Fed because I'm going to throw up if I see another thread about Rog's 'greatness'.

Also, anybody who thinks that Fed will keep his #1 for more than a couple of weeks is very delusional. Djokovic will be year #1 and will retake #1 very soon.

I hope this helps.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
meh,  whatever. Had Djokovic played any of the smaller tournaments going into W (Halle,  Queens) Fed would have never overtake #1. Fed can only thank to Djokovic for his fake #1. Also, Rog won only one slam, Djokovic is still holding 2 etc. Yes, I know who the ranking system works. All I'm asking Fed fans is to calm down as you guys are getting really annoying ... :\. Nole also skipped the Serbia Open where he lost 250 points. get real people, and please stop opening new stupid thread about Fed because I'm going to throw up if I see another thread about Rog's 'greatness'.

Also, anybody who thinks that Fed will keep his #1 for more than a couple of weeks is very delusional. Djokovic will be year #1 and will retake #1 very soon.

I hope this helps.

Alex - no need to be bitter. Need a hug?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »
every other fanbase is pissed off with the swiss winning in lucky circumstances (indoors, off colour djokovic and nervous murray) once again like the ultimate opportunist that he has always been........

this is why i always felt that nadal is needed for this sport as much as trees are needed to save planet earth........nadal binds this era like no one else........he protects everyone in the era and keeps everyone rightly in their positions giving no scope for adverse feelings between friendly fanbases........

once again it has come down to nadal to put an end to this ongoing chaos and restore the order........but the clown is busy fishing and watching international and club football like an ultimate madman and the ultimate football fan clown that he is.......

i cannot imagine the amount of damage it does to the sport if nadal retires at 30 and federer decides to return to the sport the very next day and starts winning again........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
i cannot imagine the amount of damage it does to the sport if nadal retires at 30 and federer decides to return to the sport the very next day and starts winning again........

Oh my Shankar, you're so full of fear!  :scared:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
Start da Game fears nothing........it is just a small matter of concern regarding past greats.......surface homogenization has already f**ked the legacy of sampras, lendl, borg, laver and other all time greats who earned their records striving for decades........no educated tennis fan is fool enough to believe that fed and rafa are really as worthy as to win career grandslam SO EASILY........

as long as greedy ITF remain greedy and continue feeding the sheep, we might really see the next generation player winning 25 slams........

tennis needs nadal now more than ever.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
Start da Game fears nothing........it is just a small matter of concern regarding past greats.......surface homogenization has already f**ked the legacy of sampras, lendl, borg, laver and other all time greats who earned their records striving for decades........no educated tennis fan is fool enough to believe that fed and rafa are really as worthy as to win career grandslam SO EASILY........

as long as greedy ITF remain greedy and continue feeding the sheep, we might really see the next generation player winning 25 slams........

Sorry but this latest posting trend reeks of desperation. 25 slams - LOL!!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 02:35:26 PM »

I hope this helps.

Personally, I could care less if he finishes #1 or stays #1.  I just wanted him to get the RECORD!!!!!  How many of you, even on this forum, said there was NO WAY Roger could get back to #1.  How many said Pete's record was safe because "old man Federer' would never go past Novak and Nadal, and how many said Roger was crazy for saying he was working to get that #1 ranking back?  Well...he did what he said he was going to do.  This week he tied Pete's record.  It's not a "Fake #1"...the books states that he is #1 this week.  Live with that! :rofl_2:  And Alex....all the smart talk we've had to put up with you when Novak was winning tournament after tournament...the least you could do is give Roger his due for doing what he has done! :innocent: :rofl_2:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
Personally, I could care less if he finishes #1 or stays #1.  I just wanted him to get the RECORD!!!!!  How many of you, even on this forum, said there was NO WAY Roger could get back to #1.  How many said Pete's record was safe because "old man Federer' would never go past Novak and Nadal, and how many said Roger was crazy for saying he was working to get that #1 ranking back?  Well...he did what he said he was going to do.  This week he tied Pete's record.  It's not a "Fake #1"...the books states that he is #1 this week.  Live with that! :rofl_2:  And Alex....all the smart talk we've had to put up with you when Novak was winning tournament after tournament...the least you could do is give Roger his due for doing what he has done! :innocent: :rofl_2:

Dallas - just goes to show Alex's true colors. When Nole was winning everything in site, he was Mr. Nice Guy. Now he's Mr. Ugly Pants.  :)>>>>

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 04:03:53 PM »
Pete's record is safe. 6 straight YE #1s. I've said for years and years that the only thing that's meaningful is YE rankings. Having said that, I believed Roger would win another W or USO, but I never thought he'd get back to #1. In fact, that defies history. It seems once a player drops they don't get back. A fall from #1 to #3 then back to #1 seems remarkable if not unprecedented.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
Pete's record is safe. 6 straight YE #1s. I've said for years and years that the only thing that's meaningful is YE rankings. Having said that, I believed Roger would win another W or USO, but I never thought he'd get back to #1. In fact, that defies history. It seems once a player drops they don't get back. A fall from #1 to #3 then back to #1 seems remarkable if not unprecedented.

Obviously we knew Pete's record was safe back in 2008, old news Babble.

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »

I hope this helps.

that wasn't very nice  :(
after UO was done, Fed has changed gears and clearly is the best player since ( he won so many big events PM,WTF,IW,MM & W)

djoper is for sure main favorite for being no1 again this year,but he is at his prime/25 yo and Fed  is 31 yo,
that fact just adds to Feds greatness along wit other 47 records he has broken in last few months  :king:

for djoper  & Fed is great thing that they will not play each other in semis for some( hopefully long) time

djoper needs to reestablish his dominance  over Rafa by destroying him weak after weak..... just like he did last year
and he will be no1 again..... do not worry
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:07:49 PM by alk11 »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »

This to me really defines Fed, didn't seem like he had enough fire left to do it.

I still don't think most realize what kind of achievement it is.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »

It's good that Nadal is there and in his prime, it makes the rise to #1 all the more convincing.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
#1 for 1 week more impressive than #1 for 285 weeks
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »

Connors in '82?  Wasn't he 30 at the time as well?
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.