Tsonga
0 (0%)
Berdych
0 (0%)
Other
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: July 31, 2012, 11:18:56 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Olympics Men's Singles Gold - First Take  (Read 8793 times)

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 Olympics Men's Singles Gold - First Take
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »
Interesting, different fans like different formats/tourneys.

I think any player with balls would want to go into the YEC and kick some ass.  You can make all the excuses you want, but beating the other top 7 players in the world in a RR format is pretty freakin' cool in my book.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch with your tail between your legs and lick your peas.

Well Said!!! :))

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2012, 04:28:52 AM »
Based on Wimbledon, Roger is the best bet to win Olympic gold medal. Not to mention that if it still rain in UK and they closed the roof, he had extra advantage cause he will 100% play in Centre Court all time.

But it also depend on the draw. Top 4 did not want to play big serve and hitting players in earlier rounds. (Like Roddick, Raonic, Karlovic etc etc)

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »
Djokovic because Serbian tennis means a lot to him.

I don't expect him to win the poll though because this is a very pro Fed forum.
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
even though this is a pro fed forum, it is not moderated like a pro fed forum which is the most important thing........it's cool that we are witnessing a lot of new posters and old timers recently........

as for the poll i am going to say nadal will win the olympics........i just finished watching '300' again, which was aired on WB movie channel........i feel rafa will win now........

"this.......is........olympicssssssssssssss!"   

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41:32 PM »
Djokovic because Serbian tennis means a lot to him.

I don't expect him to win the poll though because this is a very pro Fed forum.

I think it USE to be...but we have several posters who just like 'tennis' instead of a favorite player.  I guess I do my part to keep Roger in the mix though... :innocent: But I encourage everyone to post about their favorites!  I love it that we have new Djokovic fans, Nadal fans, etc. here!  Bring more!!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
....or perhaps even add a few tennis fans instead of 'player' fans.....
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »
what's wrong with being player fans? when tennis authorities themselves have turned this sport into a complete show of star players, i see nothing wrong with new fans blindly following a top player than the whole sport.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »
what's wrong with being player fans? when tennis authorities themselves have turned this sport into a complete show of star players, i see nothing wrong with new fans blindly following a top player than the whole sport.......

Agreed. I would say most of the people following tennis are fans of players.
For me it's a combination.

And your right about tennis authorities, it's all about players who the public want to see.

I say go where you're comfortable posting with the criteria that meets your needs.  :)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »
general swish speaking truth like always........del potro's indian brother not happy with d pot's recent performances though, 

Rakht Kholta Hey Mera Bukka Reddy.wmv

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »
even though this is a pro fed forum, it is not moderated like a pro fed forum which is the most important thing........it's cool that we are witnessing a lot of new posters and old timers recently........
I agree that it's great to see lots of posters and fans of different players. It makes for a diverse, opiniated forum, which is more exciting!  :)
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »
general swish speaking truth like always........del potro's indian brother not happy with d pot's recent performances though, 

Rakht Kholta Hey Mera Bukka Reddy.wmv

That guy is definitely stressed out.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »

IMHO it narrows mind and therefore the possibilties for discussion.  But like I said, that's just me. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »

And your right about tennis authorities, it's all about players who the public want to see.

I say go where you're comfortable posting with the criteria that meets your needs.  :)
Oddly enough, the vast majority of players at the local club care very little about the ATP and WTA.  There's another whole side of the game besides the pro tour unlike some sports.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
somehow I feel that this format suits Fed very well and I see him as a favorite if he manages to avoid Nadal. Djokovic tends to get too emotional when he plays for his country and I'm not sure that's a good thing. 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »

Oddly enough, the vast majority of players at the local club care very little about the ATP and WTA.  There's another whole side of the game besides the pro tour unlike some sports.

IMHO it narrows mind and therefore the possibilties for discussion.  But like I said, that's just me. :)

It's just you for sure.
Not stop whining and start talking about tennis.  :)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 06:42:43 AM »

It's just you for sure.
Not stop whining and start talking about tennis.  :)

'Blindly following players', what a great statement to take a stand on.

But hey, that's just you. :)~

At least the Shankman talks tennis.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:50:44 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »
hehee... fight fight!!!! :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »
Nah, Swishtard just has a chronic case of sandy panties.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
Nah, Swishtard just has a chronic case of sandy panties.

True, that sand is a b*ch.  :rofl_2:

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »
It would be incredible if the Top 4 could make the semis. Yet another stat to back up their overwhelming dominance over the rest of the Tour.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal