Tsonga
0 (0%)
Berdych
0 (0%)
Other
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: July 31, 2012, 11:18:56 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Olympics Men's Singles Gold - First Take  (Read 8797 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: 2012 Olympics Men's Singles Gold - First Take
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
yeah go on keep mocking........keep believing that a big tournament without its defending champion is just as good and as strong........

when djokovic lost all of a sudden in RG 2011, its people like you who jumped in and said that nadal was lucky to have won that roland garros........the funny thing is that they claimed it baseless without even having any past examples of djokovic's dominance over rafa in roland garros and now when i am just saying this based on nadal's great olympic history and certainly a win over djokovic there, the same people jump on me........

As far as whether the field is 'stonger' with Nadal in it, it comes down to whether he's really injured.  I'm simply taking him at his word, he really is injured and unable to compete near his optimal level.  Could he beat some lower level players injured?  Sure.  But is the field 'stronger' with an injured Rafa in it?  At the top level, probably not.  Note that I'm not talking about a healthy Nadal, because that doesn't exist at the current time.

As far as whether it makes a difference if the defending champion is in the draw, you need look no further than the 2008 Olympics (wait!  Isn't that the one Rafa won??), when Massu needed a wildcard to defend his 2004 Gold.  You tell me - did that wildcard for Massu make a difference in Rafa's 2008 Gold?

I don't recall dissing Rafa's 2011 French title, feel free to prove me wrong.  But I can certainly see being tempted to use the argument as an example of using your own twisted logic against you, since that's a line you seem to parrot on a regular basis.

yes you aren't talking of healthy nadal and that's exactly my point.......the bottom line is nadal not being healthy clearly weakens the field........

you compare massu who was not even in the top 20 contenders for gold at 2008 olympics to nadal who was a clear cut top contender at 2012 and defending champion.........i have heard it all now........

Reread some of your posts and then yes, you will have "heard it all now".
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
I haven't been here for a while but who is this Start da Game ass clown?
Shame that Rafa isn't going to be at the Olympics and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the strong anti-doping tests they have. Just hope he gets well soon so he can lose early at the USO and see what other excuses are made for this. Some Nadal fans are way worse than Fed fans.

SdG aka "Shankar" is our resident jester Nadal slurper. He makes endless excuses for Nadal and only bashes Federer.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
yeah go on keep mocking........keep believing that a big tournament without its defending champion is just as good and as strong........

when djokovic lost all of a sudden in RG 2011, its people like you who jumped in and said that nadal was lucky to have won that roland garros........the funny thing is that they claimed it baseless without even having any past examples of djokovic's dominance over rafa in roland garros and now when i am just saying this based on nadal's great olympic history and certainly a win over djokovic there, the same people jump on me........

As far as whether the field is 'stonger' with Nadal in it, it comes down to whether he's really injured.  I'm simply taking him at his word, he really is injured and unable to compete near his optimal level.  Could he beat some lower level players injured?  Sure.  But is the field 'stronger' with an injured Rafa in it?  At the top level, probably not.  Note that I'm not talking about a healthy Nadal, because that doesn't exist at the current time.

As far as whether it makes a difference if the defending champion is in the draw, you need look no further than the 2008 Olympics (wait!  Isn't that the one Rafa won??), when Massu needed a wildcard to defend his 2004 Gold.  You tell me - did that wildcard for Massu make a difference in Rafa's 2008 Gold?

I don't recall dissing Rafa's 2011 French title, feel free to prove me wrong.  But I can certainly see being tempted to use the argument as an example of using your own twisted logic against you, since that's a line you seem to parrot on a regular basis.

yes you aren't talking of healthy nadal and that's exactly my point.......the bottom line is nadal not being healthy clearly weakens the field........

you compare massu who was not even in the top 20 contenders for gold at 2008 olympics to nadal who was a clear cut top contender at 2012 and defending champion.........i have heard it all now........

Reread some of your posts and then yes, you will have "heard it all now".

they just keep mocking posts instead of counter arguing and i am the one asked to reread my own posts.......great.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
Shame that Rafa isn't going to be at the Olympics and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the strong anti-doping tests they have. Just hope he gets well soon so he can lose early at the USO and see what other excuses are made for this. Some Nadal fans are way worse than Fed fans.

SdG aka "Shankar" is our resident jester Nadal slurper. He makes endless excuses for Nadal and only bashes Federer.

haha you little fed sucking chihuahua running around forums to protect identity........just rename yourself fedsuckerforever, that suits better.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
2012 Olympics Men's Singles Gold - First Take
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »

I guess you haven't 'heard it all' (as Scooter suggests, if that's your goal, you should listen to yourself more.  Better yet, use that time to review the content of your messages, there's plenty of room for improvement) because nowhere did I compare Massu to Nadal.  I used the example of Massu to disprove your proposition that a big tournament is not as good or as strong without its defending champion.  That was your statement, reread if you need to.  Regardless, I'm glad you agree it's wrong.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:45:18 PM by FreeBird »
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »

haha you little fed sucking chihuahua running around forums to protect identity........just rename yourself fedsuckerforever, that suits better.......

:rofl_2:

I don't know why I like these kind of posts.  :dunno:

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »
so who is taking home the hardware at the olympics folks?

any predictions?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
I know I said Kohli at the beginning, almost sarcastically. But I'm really anxious to see if he can keep up his good run on grass.
We already witnessed it in Halle, and Wimbly, especially after beating Haas in 1st rn, match that has been described as one of the best this year(by witnesses that were there).

After that, the draw opened, losing to Tsonga in quarters where Kohli really put a great fight. Very close match.
Philipp on grass is a guy to watch, and definitely one of the best dark horses at Olympics.

Gonna be interesting to see what Berdych can do after disappointing Wimbly..
Wawri on the other hand, really need to step it up, if he even wants to go deep.. I have seen recent matches, and he looked uninterested, more than he usually does  :)~  So, I'm hoping he's well prepared for Olympics..

As for top guns, well tbh I really don't see Djokovic getting away with the crown, Fed is not under any pressure and he'll havemuch more fun than the others. Murray could be out before semis....
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
kohli is tough on grass.

what about haas? is he going to be there?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
kohli is tough on grass.

what about haas? is he going to be there?

It was a disgrace by German committee, that they didn't even nominate him after Mayer cancelled it long ago.
I'm sure they are very well aware that they made a big mistake, such as Wimbly organizers for not putting Haas-Kohli match up on televised court  :)~

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
that is unbelievable. haas deserves a chance to be at the olympics.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
yeah, and as his Sara said: ''Maye he should change his silver medal to USA''  heh was a good one.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »
oh well. maybe kohli can bring germany some olympic glory with the right draw and some good breaks along the way.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
Berdych will win it.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2012, 07:15:32 PM »
berdych did make the final at wimbledon in 2010 so we know he can play on grass.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »
Just saying in best of 3, anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Berdych knocks out Federer again.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »
Just saying in best of 3, anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Berdych knocks out Federer again.

Yup 3 set format can result in some big upsets especially on grass.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »

I wonder when they will release the draw. Also, will we be able to watch tennis matches in USA?

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
what up general tennisfan. good to see you around as usual.
looks like you are going to see me here more often. mtf people handed me a permanent ban.
i was looking for other forums but i stopped here first. this is not a bad place at all to relax and to talk. people are generally good here. and they are kind.
scott baker has always been nice to me and that means a lot.

they have gone mad there with power.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2012, 10:47:30 PM »

Hey Herc! Yeah, this is a great forum with good discussions. I always thought that you were a passionate fan of Nadal and sincere in your opinions with respect to other players, so hope you stick around.

Any updates on Nadal? I was sad to see him miss Olympics. Hope he will be ready for the hard court season.