Author Topic: Direxius's Tennis Journal  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Direxius

• Tennis Player
  • I Am Truly, Amazing
Direxius's Tennis Journal
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:29:23 PM »
Hello everybody, i'm new to this forum and this is actually my first post, i found this place yesterday when looking for a 2007 US Open Final HD link ( i failed, haven't found it) and i thought that i should join.

I've been watching tennis since 2008 my favorite player ever and in the current is Roger Federer , followed by Pete Sampras. I also hold great respect for Djokovic & Nadal.

Now, onto my actual tennis skills...From 2008-2009 i started playing some tennis but for various irrelevant reasons that i won't bother going over, i had to stop, as i was never able to get any proper training ( just winged it every time i went out there), and a whole lot of emotional confrontations with others, along with dozens of other factors forced me to retire from my dream of practicing tennis at a high level.

So right now i am with the state of mind in which FINALLY i find my self able to go and get some proper training, as i am gonna go in with the mind set that i have never played before because i don't want my terrible old way of playing to have anything to do with my current future. Now if anyone cares to answer i will post several questions about what to do to improve and such, right now i'm basically at the very beginning but i want to have a good teaching and learning curve, i don't want to be the kind of player that has trained alot and is too arrogant to realize that he/she is doing everything wrong, i need to go in a super correct path if possible.

So to start of let me post a kind of noobish question i suppose...

I admire the game that Roger Federer & Justine Henin played, such beautiful ground strokes, my question is whether i could base my game in having a Sampras Serve, Federer Forehand, and Henin backhand when it comes to aesthetics, could i possibly train and learn to play the game in a way in which i work on how my actual strokes look?

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Direxius's Tennis Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
Welcome to T4U! :)

If you're interested in learning the game I'd suggest investing in lessons from several different instructors until you find one that's compatible with your personality & game.  I think it will be the best investment you'll make in your tennis life.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Direxius

• Tennis Player
  • I Am Truly, Amazing
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
Welcome to T4U! :)

If you're interested in learning the game I'd suggest investing in lessons from several different instructors until you find one that's compatible with your personality & game.  I think it will be the best investment you'll make in your tennis life.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Thank you for the welcome, i plan to get on a training program soon enough, and possibly update on it on here. An unfortunate thing that i have noticed about the forums though is that they are not all too active are they?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:06:52 PM by Direxius »

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:17:22 AM »
A few years ago there were a dozen or so tennis players who participated in this forum.  I think most of them were turned off by the Fanboys in the general discussions.

As you set your goals for training, be sure to include balance and movement work.  Most folks believe tennis is about strokes, but you watch the top players and you'll notice they have impeccable dynamic balance and their movement is incredible.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:38:19 AM »
We have some strong regulars who post daily but like MT said, many have moved on due to crazy fanboys.  Hopefully we are turning that around.

Welcome to the forums!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline calvinbensn

• New Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »
I couldn't watch any games much longer on Television but When Roger is playing I can and I do. He is my favorite player too.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:32:06 AM by calvinbensn »
newbielink:http://www.hypedc.com/birkenstock [nonactive]