Author Topic: 1990's-2000's NBC Wimbledon Opening Theme Music...  (Read 949 times)

Offline Josh128

• Tennis Player
1990's-2000's NBC Wimbledon Opening Theme Music...
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and Im sure this has been brought up many times, but does anyone have a high quality version of the NBC Wimbledon opening theme music that we will no longer get to hear now that ESPN has the broadcast rights?

I'm aware of the one available on Youtube but that one is of really poor audio quality.  I recently got a DVR and my plan was to record Wimbledon on NBC this year and rip a high quality version of it but unfortunately my dream was crushed when I realized NBC wouldnt be covering the event this year.

If no one has a high quality rip perhaps my next best bet is to find an NBC wimbledon torrent/video that includes the full intro, which is one of the reasons Im trying to get an invite to tennishaven.com.

Josh

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Re: 1990's-2000's NBC Wimbledon Opening Theme Music...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »

Good luck and hope you find it.

I actually love the ESPN's current grand slam theme music. I am hoping to find a complete HQ version of it, but ran into similar problem as you. If any one have it, please share.

GRAND SLAM TENNIS ESPN SONG

INTRO SONG ESPN TENNIS US & AUSTRALIAN OPEN

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »
Here's one I found, it's short though.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/12449/nbcs-wimbledon-theme-song/

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »

You might have seen this already: Closing music on NBC

Wimbledon Closing NBC

Offline Josh128

• Tennis Player
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
Thanks swish, but yes, that is the youtube video of the opening that although complete, is of tinny, low quality audio.  The quality of the closing theme is much better, but that ones not complete.  I do have a complete hi-qual recording of the closing theme though.

I think my only chance is to see if I can download a good quality NBC wimbledon broadcast from the last 20 years that contains the intro and rip audio from it.  I'm currently downloading the 2011 final NBC broadcast from another torrent site, its possible the theme may be on there, but NBC had a quirky habit of NOT playing the theme during the broadcasts of the finals.  We'll see though, I'm still trying to get an invite to tennishaven, if any vids are available that would contain the theme, it would be one of those.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »
Thanks swish, but yes, that is the youtube video of the opening that although complete, is of tinny, low quality audio.  The quality of the closing theme is much better, but that ones not complete.  I do have a complete hi-qual recording of the closing theme though.

I think my only chance is to see if I can download a good quality NBC wimbledon broadcast from the last 20 years that contains the intro and rip audio from it.  I'm currently downloading the 2011 final NBC broadcast from another torrent site, its possible the theme may be on there, but NBC had a quirky habit of NOT playing the theme during the broadcasts of the finals.  We'll see though, I'm still trying to get an invite to tennishaven, if any vids are available that would contain the theme, it would be one of those.

What is it about the opening broadcast that you like so much?

Offline Josh128

• Tennis Player
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
Its just the intro music that I want, but I'd like a good quality.  I spent the last 20 years watching Wimbledon on NBC, and that theme is iconic to me.  Now that NBC no longer carries Wimbledon, the theme in its entirety will likely never be heard again.  I'd like to have a good quality version to keep for myself to listen to whenever I please.  Call me eccentric, but its as simple as that!
  ;-()