Author Topic: Tennis E-Books, Books, etc.  (Read 4468 times)

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
Re: Tennis E-Books, Books, etc.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
yeah, thankfully i am not into that career........book reading is so boring........just not my thing........they say it improves the vocab but i never bothered to improve my vocab anyway........

I read about 3-4 books PER WEEK on my Kindle! :rofl_2: I also worked in higher education for over 35 years too... :innocent:

that is too much....... :hysterical: you must be so patient to read so much.......give me a big book and i will find new methods to skip paragraphs........

Yeah, I read a lot too. Was busy preparing for the Indian Foreign Service, so couldn't read many novels the last two years [but I did read a lot of textbooks, newspapers and magazines as part of my prep  ;-()]. But now that I've finally gotten selected, I've been reading a lot of fantasy and science fiction over the last two months.  :)

Unfortunately, it is so difficult to get books on tennis in India. And I don't have a debit/ credit card, so can't buy it online. I guess I'll have to wait till I go to the US or UK as a diplomat sometime in the next decade.  :(
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
Ahhhh, science-fiction, my favorite.

I used to be a voracious reader but read mostly magazines and catalogs now.

Just finished a historical novel by a local author about some local history during the late 1700's.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Old-American-A-Novel/dp/0786231823

So little time now, that reading has fallen by the wayside.
Am sure there will be plenty of time for that when I am older like Dallas. :innocent:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
yeah, thankfully i am not into that career........book reading is so boring........just not my thing........they say it improves the vocab but i never bothered to improve my vocab anyway........

I read about 3-4 books PER WEEK on my Kindle! :rofl_2: I also worked in higher education for over 35 years too... :innocent:

that is too much....... :hysterical: you must be so patient to read so much.......give me a big book and i will find new methods to skip paragraphs........

Yeah, I read a lot too. Was busy preparing for the Indian Foreign Service, so couldn't read many novels the last two years [but I did read a lot of textbooks, newspapers and magazines as part of my prep  ;-()]. But now that I've finally gotten selected, I've been reading a lot of fantasy and science fiction over the last two months.  :)

Unfortunately, it is so difficult to get books on tennis in India. And I don't have a debit/ credit card, so can't buy it online. I guess I'll have to wait till I go to the US or UK as a diplomat sometime in the next decade.  :(

wow oracle, well done getting through IFS.......must have been a tough exam that.......as for tennis books, try downloading from torrents and get it printed........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »

wow oracle, well done getting through IFS.......must have been a tough exam that.......as for tennis books, try downloading from torrents and get it printed........

Thanks, Start da Game.  :) The only torrent I've found so far is The Roger Federer Story (Quest for Perfection) [2007 edition] by Rene Stauffer. If you find any other torrents of tennis books, please do let me know.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »
Thanks for Agassi's autobiography, but I think the link for Sampras is not working.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

Just finished a historical novel by a local author about some local history during the late 1700's.

Am sure there will be plenty of time for that when I am older like Dallas. :innocent:

:rofl_2: I consider myself "better"...not "older"... :rofl_2:

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »

:rofl_2: I consider myself "better"...not "older"... :rofl_2:
I'm sure you do are! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 03:08:47 AM »
I recently read Andre Agassi's book and I must say that I enjoyed every page of it!
It is so much better than The Quest for Perfection and Rafa.

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 03:32:48 AM »
RAFA - My Story by Rafael Nadal and John Carlin

Rafa - My Story.by.HaTeM.kooora

It was pretty good actually - liked the chapters written from Rafa's POV, especially about the Wimbledon final.

I recently read Andre Agassi's book and I must say that I enjoyed every page of it!
It is so much better than The Quest for Perfection and Rafa.

I think the reason why it is so good is that he has been so incredibly honest about his life - both the good things and the bad.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:40:39 AM by oracle86 »