Author Topic: Rafa out of Olympics  (Read 9311 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Rafa out of Olympics
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:21:15 AM by Dallas »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Rafa out of Olypics
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
Yes,  I just heard this over my phone.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Re: Rafa out of Olympics
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
Report: Nadal withdraws from London Olympics

The Associated Press reports that Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the London Olympics, saying he is "not in condition" to compete. Nadal, a gold medalist at the 2008 Beijing Olympics was set to be the flag bearer for Spain during the opening ceremony. In his last match, Nadal lost in the second round of Wimbledon to then 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol.

disappointed..:(..that means Nole & fed in opposite with murray as no.3 & ferrer as no.4 !!!

wonder how shanks & clay death are gonna react to this.. :whistle:
they were heavily hoping him to defend his title..
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
Nadal
"I'm not able to compete in the Olympic Games in London and therefore won't be traveling as planned with the Spanish delegation to compete in them. I have to think my colleagues, I can't be selfish and I have to think about the good of Spanish sport, especially of Spanish tennis and let them play with a partner who is better prepared to compete, "noted the letter. "I rushed down to the last moment in my preparation, my training, but it has not been enough. Today is one of the saddest days of my career as one of the greatest dreams and perhaps most special moment was to be the bearer of Spain in the opening ceremony of the games in London, so you can imagine how difficult it has been making this decision, "he added.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »
Report: Nadal withdraws from London Olympics

The Associated Press reports that Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the London Olympics, saying he is "not in condition" to compete. Nadal, a gold medalist at the 2008 Beijing Olympics was set to be the flag bearer for Spain during the opening ceremony. In his last match, Nadal lost in the second round of Wimbledon to then 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol.

disappointed..:(..that means Nole & fed in opposite with murray as no.3 & ferrer as no.4 !!!

wonder how shanks & clay death are gonna react to this.. :whistle:
they were heavily hoping him to defend his title.
well, both Shank and Herc will be very disappointed (Conchita too). they are his biggest fans, what else do you expect  :uhm:?

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »
This is extremely sad news. Hope he gets well soon.  :(

Tennis fans have often talked about his schedule has been his downfall. I think we will be hearing more of that now. But it's a catch-22 situation. Rafa has often said that he plays so many matches in order to get a rhythm. If he were to cut down on his schedule, what if it backfires on him?

Rafa definitely has a lot to ponder. His body has already started failing him, and he is only 26.  :scared:
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
it is his own fault and his own undoing........i remember he complained some pain after french open and yet strained himself for queens........those little extra investments when in pain lead to bigger damages and are often starting point of injuries........

sensible scheduling, nadal and uncle toni never belong in the same sentence........anyway this is a tough exit........how many players can even dream of defending an olympic gold?

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
This is extremely sad news. Hope he gets well soon.  :(

Tennis fans have often talked about his schedule has been his downfall. I think we will be hearing more of that now. But it's a catch-22 situation. Rafa has often said that he plays so many matches in order to get a rhythm. If he were to cut down on his schedule, what if it backfires on him?

Rafa definitely has a lot to ponder. His body has already started failing him, and he is only 26.  :scared:

his body is holding fine........this is nothing new with his body........tendinitis is a permanent case but not a career threatening one........it flares up whenever he overloads his schedule and plays restlessly........it will be like this until he actually retires from the sport........

his knee problems show up once in every 6 months, that has been the case with him since 2004........controlling that is something which was never in his hands........what is actually in his hands is scheduling his events around slams which he never seems to do........that has lead to several slam donations over the years and now olympic gold donation........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 01:02:09 PM »
it is his own fault and his own undoing........i remember he complained some pain after french open and yet strained himself for queens........those little extra investments when in pain lead to bigger damages and are often starting point of injuries........

sensible scheduling, nadal and uncle toni never belong in the same sentence........anyway this is a tough exit........how many players can even dream of defending an olympic gold?
c
Shank, if we look at the big picture, it's not that important. I'll be watching Olympics because I love athletics, swimming etc. tennis just doesn't fit very well with me at O. let's look at it this way ... You are Indian supporting Nadal, I'm Canadian supporting Nole, Dallas is American supporting Roger etc. it's just that tennis is very specific ... 750 points ... let them play the best of 5, give the winner 2500 points and we can talk.... (yeah I know it's not realistic, but I'm sure you know where I'm getting with this).

Offline no_1_djoko_fan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
Nadal seems to struggle with injury a lot. I fear that he will fade away and struggled to keep at the top of the game if he doesn't address his injury concerns.

It's bad for the Olympics because you want to see the best players in any sport competiting at the highest level. The tennis schedule really is crazy!
"Sometimes it feels like you're not on a tennis court, the amount of noise you guys produce and for us it's a great feeling. It's a pleasure playing in front of you. It's my great privilege to be standing here in front of one of the greatest players ever, Rod Laver. "

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
Bum news for Raf and tennis in general.

I agree with the concept that his rhythm style requires him to play/practice more in order to stay sharp.  The mental and physical toll of which has become increasingly apparent.

Perhaps he'll swing by here for a bit of fishing and some brewskis during his 'recuperation' phase......
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
So how serious his injure is? I heard he got myotenositis after Wimbledon.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 04:06:03 PM »
I'm not weeping for poor Rafito and his knees.  ..-)
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
This may be the best for Nadal, he'll have other opportunities.

He'll also have some rest before the USO while the other top players may be worn down some.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
Yes Nadal should rest up his knees, maybe for 2-3 years.  :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:01 PM »
I'm not weeping for poor Rafito and his knees.  ..-)
will you forgive me if I call you a b!tch? thank you  :rofl_2:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »
will you forgive me if I call you a b!tch? thank you  :rofl_2:

Alex, you've been cursing at me ever since 2 weeks ago, so why stop now?  :rofl_2:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »
I can only assume this is his last Olympics chance, I am sure it was a tough decision to pull out.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 03:41:21 AM »
As I see it, Nadal's not injured anymore, but is simply out of rythm. He believes he is in no shape to defend his gold medal.

He played badly at Halle and at Wimbledon, so how is he supposed to play a good OS? I think it is a good decision to avoid the OS grass, and prepare for the US hard courts. Better for his self-confidence, better for his body.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »
I can only assume this is his last Olympics chance, I am sure it was a tough decision to pull out.
Pulling out is always tough.
CONK da ball!!!